Missing... Everything. Help, Please?

adelie224
adelie224 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
After trying the direct download link 3 times, then installing UTorrent and trying again becasue no icon or files ever appeared, I have given up trying to figure this out on my own.b:angry

UTorrent says that all files are downloaded and available. SO I checked the forum and it said to look in my C drive. No files. NONE. The only Perfect World files I have are the setup files on my desktop. Is there something else I should be doing? Please help before I go bonkers!b:cry
Post edited by adelie224 on

Comments

• Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If the set up files downloaded to your desktop...then double click install.exe on your desktop...no need to go searching through your C: drive if you know where they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ballstothewalls
    ballstothewalls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The desktop is part of your main hard drive, usually denoted as C: drive - all you have to do is open the file that was save to your desktop and click install.
  • adelie224
    adelie224 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    you misunderstant, or perhaps i should say I phrased the post wrong. I have installed the game many, many times. I only have the PWI_Descent_Installer folder. Nothing else ever appears on my compiuer
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    look here:
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

or

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

just curious, do you have install privileges on this machine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    adelie224 wrote: »
    After trying the direct download link 3 times, then installing UTorrent and trying again becasue no icon or files ever appeared, I have given up trying to figure this out on my own.b:angry

UTorrent says that all files are downloaded and available. SO I checked the forum and it said to look in my C drive. No files. NONE. The only Perfect World files I have are the setup files on my desktop. Is there something else I should be doing? Please help before I go bonkers!b:cry

Well there's two ways to get to where you want. If you go to the Completed files section in utorrent, and then double-click on the download, it will open the directory. Alternatively, you can right-click it and select "Open Containing Folder".
    The second way would be to browse to the folder where utorrent moves the data when it has completed downloading them. This folder you're looking for is "C:\Users\(your User name here)\Downloads"

So you should navigate to "C:\Users\(your User name here)\Downloads\PWI_Descent_Installer\Install.exe" and running that will install your client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]