A lvl 100,what is a BM's damage output and tanking ability cmpared to other classes?

mkl0011
mkl0011 Posts: 56 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
If you don't want to answer this (because this will take some time) you do not need to post anything, so do not complain, nobody likes a complainer.

I know i should have put this on class discussion, but i figured mostly Bm's would be there.
I need good comparison from people who have Multi classes that are Lvl 100.

Honestly, My BM at lvl 70 seems to do less damage and dies quicker than seekers. I know their stuns are useful and HF is some what better for the squad(although i think the squad would do more damage "OVER TIME" if they had another seeker vortex or a DD rather than a bm spamming HF)

So i just wanna know if i should change characters. AND DON'T TELL ME IF I SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT CHANGE ....JUST GIVE ME SOME WHAT OF A RANKING LIST AND I WILL DECIDE MYSELF LOL.THANKS VERY MUCH!!!
Post edited by mkl0011 on

Comments

• Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Blademasters are probably the most versatile class in a squad. They don't deal as much single target damage as assassins, but have more AoEs. They also get 5aps cheaper than other classes. Also, HF is still OP.
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    mkl0011 wrote: »
    (although i think the squad would do more damage "OVER TIME" if they had another seeker vortex or a DD rather than a bm spamming HF)

Have you really played your BM?
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    at level 100, if you are both 5.0, the sin will out DD, therefore outtank you.
  • mkl0011
    mkl0011 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Have you really played your BM?

Well yeah. Here's the way see it.Say there is about two or three people attacking a boss. Say you have a seeker using vortex, a sin, and yourself doing the big damage, while cleric heals and barb tanks. The first six secs ,yes you will do more using HF than if you have an extra seeker using vortex or sin. But it only last six secs. If you had another seeker (around the same strength as the other seeker) that's also spamming vortex, that will practically be twice the damage of a single vortex, same effect of HF(not including sin damage however) only that it lasts as long as both seekers use vortex.

It's kinda like the fist to axes theory. At first the axe(representing HF bm) will start out doing more damage but the fist(representing A seeker spamming vortex) will eventually catch up and do more damage over time.So the way i see it HF is only good against large mobs that can be killed in about 10 secs. But in boss battles the playing field is different because they have much more life and will take much longer to kill

But this is just my perspective you don't have to agree.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Blademasters are probably the most versatile class in a squad. They don't deal as much single target damage as assassins, but have more AoEs. They also get 5aps cheaper than other classes. Also, HF is still OP.

Archers get 5.0 cheaper than BM's. Archers don't get BP.

Archers, however, can get 5.0 base much much cheaper than BM's.

R8 recast fists supposedly would have the highest DPS and with one -0.05 int on them, still be able to get to 5.0.

A G15 GoF or Zerk sin, or a G16 sin would be able to massively out DPS a R8 recast BM though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Blademasters are not my specialty, but I know enough about them to say that it depends on the build of your blademaster, and which weapon types you are using. Blademasters are a good melee class, and very versatile. They have high defenses as well. Barbs have a higher defense rating. Sins have a higher damage rating. Blademasters seem to be moreso of a healthy medium. In my own personal opinion, I'd probably state that damage wise, and not including arcane, and ranged classes, are that they deal the second most damage of the physical close range classes. There are always exceptions, but that's just my opinion. Someone else may be able to answer your question better than I can. Hope that it helps though. Take care and good luck.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • IHunter - Raging Tide
    IHunter - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You need to provide more info to be able to answer your original question. A 5 APS BM does more damage to a boss than a Seeker using Vortex on the boss. No-one asks for a Seeker to go to Nirvana to vortex bosses.
    But it is not just a single answer. A BM can do many things - DD'ing bosses is only one thing. A versatile squad has both a BM and a Seeker.
    If you die quickly in a squad with a seeker then look at your gear or look at what you are doing. If your gear isn't real good, then don't take agro. At level 70 you don't encounter a lot of AOE heavy hitting bosses, so if you don't have agro, you shouldn't die.
    So yes, a 5 APS level 100 BM does more damage to a boss than a Seeker, and HF is a bonus for the him and the rest of the squad as well.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    One doesnt need to have one of each class to answer the question of what is the better tank. One needs only to have experience playing along side said toons to know what works where and why.

Fist BM and Sin: can tank most bosses without issues, but without having high grade shards and high refines, they become squishy and overall an ineffective tank if needing to hold multi-target aggro or heaven forbid the boss spews out all sorts of debuffs and stuns.

Seeker: not really the best single target tank. in order to tank a boss one must be able to hold aggro. A seeker's damage out put doesnt compare to aps classes at all.. And ranged DD's (archer and casters) will have to limit their dps so the seeker can tank. However - seeker excells in zhen setups like delta/base trials etc.

Barbarian: makes an excellent puller, has best multi target survival ability, can hold single target aggro much better than a seeker can, and can survive nasty bosses much better than apsers can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    There are so many different answers to this, it's brain-pain. >_>

A well-built sin can tank almost anything at 100+. Get some Nirvana, R8, or R9 daggers, and some Nirvana, TT99, and R8/R9 gear, get to 5.0 or 2.86 or whatever with GoF and BloodPaint, and most of the time, you should be untouchable as long as your gear is well refined. But, there are bosses in TT3-3 that WILL oneshot my Sin, and my Sin is 'slathered' in Vit Shards and has a good amount of +10 gear (11k HP Sage 4.0). I'm sure if I was R9+12 everything, I could 3 shot it while sparked, but I'm not spending that kind of coin on my Sin. b:sweat

A well-built axe/fist/pole BM can tank just as well for a squad as a sin, assuming there isn't a higher DPS sin in the squad. My BM out-DPSed sins from 95-99, until Sins could get to 4.0 and 5.0, mostly because I was 4.0 sparked at 95 and I had +10 Deicides. Which... Irritated the **** out of most Sins. 5 Sins and a Cleric can kill a boss in Nirvana in 15 seconds. 4 sins, a BM, and a cleric can kill the same boss in nirvana in 10 seconds if the BM Demon HF's and everyone is sparked. There REALLY is more to this game than just going 5.0 and twitching **** to death. There are huge pulls in FCC I could solo on my BM than I'd never dream about doing on my Sin, simply because my Sin hasn't got the AOE's to survive them.

Barbs can survive a lot. They have way more soloability in the lower levels than, say, a Sin does (well... I ACTUALLY PLAYED my sin from level 1 through 100, and did actual quests from 1-75). Aside from being useless in the higher levels in PVE for much more than Devour spam and buff bots, they are still useful for a few things PVP. TW and open world PVP can benefit from having one or four... But again, the gear has to be there for the benefit.

I don't have a seeker, I don't find the class to be enjoyable to play because they are restricted to one weapon type and even my barb has a bow. My Barb doesn't have fists, nor am I going to have fists on my barb, nor would I want fists on my seeker, but a bow WOULD BE KIND OF NICE ON SEEKER *Rageface*. Aside from that, it's just not as engaging, having leveled from 1-80 so many times as it is, it's almost painful running the same quests *AGAIN*, with nothing being different this time. I've never power leveled a character, but I'm considering on Seeker and Mystic jsut because I don't want to waste my time doign something again I've done so many times before.

The magic classes are all awesome magic tanks. I've tanked Bh59 on all of my magic classes. Even my archer tanked BH59, as did my Sin (was a tank build).

In this game, if you want to make a tank build, you pretty damn well can make almost anything into one. For holding aggro, nothing is going to pull aggro off a sin, except maybe a pure-str GoF Demon APS Axes only Barb, and only against lower refined Sins.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ok so 1st thing is you need to deicide what you want from your bm.

5 aps axe/fist demon bm i say demon coz its cheaper to get 5 aps than sage (and with sage you gotta use cyclone heel/wind shield) good geared is great at tanking bosses, farming alone with bp, wanted in all squads and has a great way of pvp.
    note:equaly geared sin will always out dd you, equaly geared seeker/barb will not out dd you

Not aps sage axe bm (prepack/old school bm) nowdays is rare since its hard to farm with it and you will not tank any bosses with it since you wont be able to get aggro in a decent squad, but you will have more def and you will be able to tank those dds in tw/pvp to get your stun off and watch your dds wipe them off.

From my personal exp since i got both demon aps and sage axe bm i advice you to go demon aps since its much easyer to get end game gear farming way.

ps. dont switch to seeker since bm is much more wanted and much more usefull in any squad

hope something from this wall of text helps you out b:flowerb:flower
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ps. dont switch to seeker since bm is much more wanted and much more usefull in any squad

personally if i had to make a choice between a seeker or a bm for delta (meaning i can't have both) I would choose the seeker over the bm, as they would be much much more valuable to the squad than a bm would. You gotta be extremely well geared as a BM to outperform a seeker in zhen squads.

the usual rebuttal is "well the bm can be the puller" to which my reply is - barbs do it better, and our buffs make the entire run faster and safer.

barb =/= bm =/= seeker =/= sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    damage/Tank food-chan:

Assasin
    BM
    Rest
    i like potato
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    damage/Tank food-chan:

Assasin
    BM
    Rest

Don't barbs replace bm now with their new buff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    personally if i had to make a choice between a seeker or a bm for delta (meaning i can't have both) I would choose the seeker over the bm, as they would be much much more valuable to the squad than a bm would. You gotta be extremely well geared as a BM to outperform a seeker in zhen squads.

the usual rebuttal is "well the bm can be the puller" to which my reply is - barbs do it better, and our buffs make the entire run faster and safer.

barb =/= bm =/= seeker =/= sin

I don't like delta without a seeker+wizzy combo b:chuckle. Archers, psy, mystics all do awesome dd. Every class seems to do more dd than my bm b:shocked.

Higher level bh, since that is what you are referring to. Mobs kills are easy, unless the whole squad is undergeared, tt90 and below, weapon refine +2 or below. At bosses, decide hf order if more than one bm. If one bm, time your spark with the dd, be it sin, seeker, wizard, psy, yourself, hf, and use fists and have fun. Depending on dd, may not need more than 1 hf, often times 2 does the trick.

Things do get different in different instances like lunar, warsong, delta.

As people mentioned before, if your gear is not up there, benefits will be hard to reap. If you have a +12 fist/claw, g15/g16 with darkflames vs a sin with r8 daggers +5 no shards, you will probably keep agro. If the sin is also +12, well, be happy you are not tank, not always fun to tank.

If your g15/g16 axe is +12, and wizzy is using tt90 green weapon, you will keep agro from aoe most likely, but if wizzy is r9+12 decked out, i doubt it.

To the me the point is not to hold/steal agro, or to tank things. It is to have fun with my bm, playing with friends and new random people and doing different things, which most of the time one would not do.
  • Daggaa - Harshlands
    Daggaa - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    really a bm tank can be pretty effective tank, it all comes down to how well you know your class... saying the bm can hold the aggro of the boss (if aps) can just spam triple spark when the boss is charging up its magical attack (if it has any b:victory ) and the bm's high phys def gives it a nice standing against the boss. Given that the BM has BP........and crabs.......and charmed b:surrender but most can get by with just BP and triple spark. As for none-medium aps BMs yeah...you might have to plan ahead if there is somone with higher DPS in squad b:shutup so you won't be able to spam triple spark to nullify a boss's magic (which sadly will one shot most bm's depending on how tough the boss is) so you will just have to use ur class wisley :P i recommend having true emptiness on your genie as to avoid getting one shot by a magic hit, and using shadowless kick to knock the boss outta its magic trance in time, and triple sparking when you have the chance (or double spark with epic timing xD ) anyways, if there is a sin with the same or higher aps than the bm and relatively equal gear then just let the sin tank and HF when they spark lawl... then if the sin dies its up to the next highest DPS'er (usually the BM with aps) but i guess it all just boils down to "who's the most OP" b:sad
  • Daggaa - Harshlands
    Daggaa - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    be happy you are not tank, not always fun to tank.

LOL truer words have never been spoken XD b:laugh