Invisible Characters

Leila Aravil - Sanctuary
Leila Aravil - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
When I log on to perfect world, I do not see this book opening that I keep hearing about. My characters, when it gets to the selection screen, are invisible. I can only see their genies and the glow from weapons/equipment.

I would like to fix this problem soon please.
Post edited by Leila Aravil - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SmellyFish - Momaganon
    SmellyFish - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    reinstall directx
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    did you check the preferences? second tab, slider 1. set that to 25% or 50%. It should help. For some reason updates here set that to 0 often.
  • Leila Aravil - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Directx is fine.

Also, my preferences were at their normal settings.

Still have invisible characters.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It may take you 1-3 hours to autopatch the game on a broadband connection.

Manual patches will be on the download page and also here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...282#post818282

It is probably best to use the manual patches directly from perfect world:

Patch 606-612 (862MB)
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_606-612.cup

Patch 580-612 (870MB)
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_580-612.cup

Because so many of the game files are going to be changed, it may be a good idea to temporariliy disable or shut down your antivirus or firewall while updating until you can login. If you have added the game folder to the exception list for your security software, it may not be an issue. It will take some trial and error on your part.

You may have to restart the launcher multiple times.

Thank you all for your dedication, patience, and understanding on this latest major release!

If you encounter a DirectX error or invisible characters, try updating this:

Web Installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    Submariner - Lothranis Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As she says, invisible chars and Direct x its fine, for her i dunno, i have 11.
    My client is fine with Direct X 11, my wifes client not, with the same direct X, so, i assume this is not a DX error. Plenty have sayd the same all around the forum.

we here are veryfying the files, its possible to have something corrupt in game files, while the downloading, because i dunno, but PWI servers must have been really busy with all the download requests, and it really could have in here and there some packet loss.

i think its really lame tell people with DX 11 to install 9, thats a downgrade, ya know?
    b:angry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Whether you have XP, Vista, or 7, if you see invisible NPCs or characters, this fixes it (for most everyone), hence why we put the link.

We already jumped through all the adventures this patch presents, which is why we posted the stickies with the work arounds b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Leila Aravil - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Problem is solved.

Had to re-verify the files.
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    See, no Direct x problem, same thing at my wife.
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Problem is solved.

Had to re-verify the files.

curiosity, how much time you had to verify files?
    my wife computer last time i saw was like 14 hours, and still not complete
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    On my systems that are 5-6 years old, verify took about 10-15 minutes. If yours is taking longer than that, something on your computer is interfering, or your computer is super old/show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • powerking981
    powerking981 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    honestly this may sound rude ... not tryin to.. but they should have waited till they got all the annoyin buggs like the invis chars like they did when they let out genesis ..
    edited March 2012
    The issue with the invisible characters isn't a fault in the client, it's a fault in the configuration of your system.

So, how exactly are they to fix that?
    They can't. You need to fix it on your system. The instructions to do that are posted here in the forum too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • powerking981
    edited March 2012
    i uninstalled the game 5 times and reinstalled from this site there is nothing wrong with my system
    edited March 2012
    i uninstalled the game 5 times and reinstalled from this site there is nothing wrong with my system

1. If there's something wrong with your system, re-installing the game 5 times won't do anything for you.

2. Have you checked every aspect, or are you just spouting that nothings wrong with your system because you're ignorant? Post details about what you've done to show it's not your system.
    (Because quite frankly, from all the testing I've done, and from all the available data here on the forum, the tried and true solution to the issue is to fix something on your system that is missing, broken, or incorrectly configured.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012

The characters are not invisible on my system, there is something wrong with the way yours is configured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • powerking981
    edited April 2012
    ok 1 i dl the thread u posted 5 time and put all the coppies into the pwi fold updated the game as far as it would go updated every media folder on my pc and nothing on pwi changed
  • powerking981
    edited April 2012
    and sry if im soundin like an *** been playin the game 4 years with no problems then they send out decent and i cant really do jack without seein my char
    edited April 2012
    and sry if im soundin like an *** been playin the game 4 years with no problems then they send out decent and i cant really do jack without seein my char
    The solution is here...
    Working fixes for 3d3x9_42 and invisible issues!

If that doesn't work for you, try posting what exactly you have done, (DETAILS are important!), your systems specs, and maybe a dxdiag and/or HiJackThis logs. (Remember to use the CODE tags so it doesn't take up the whole screen.) (Here's a good example of what I mean.)

Once you've done that, someone like myself can take a look and try to determine where your problem is.

So far all you've shown is that you are really great at complaining but haven't really bothered to try any fixes for it. You show that you are insistent in blaming PWE for a problem that is most likely a compatibility issue on your computer, and would rather complain than try to resolve it.
    I am about to just start completely ignoring your posts, simply because you fail to post anything useful at all when you are apparently having a problem.
    ok 1 i dl the thread u posted 5 time and put all the coppies into the pwi fold updated the game as far as it would go updated every media folder on my pc and nothing on pwi changed
    I'm not sure what you're talking about here, how do you dl (download) a thread, what copies you are talking about, or how you updated every media folder on your PC? Personally, it looks like you don't have a clue about what it is you need to do or how to do it.
    I would love to help, but you've given me precious little to work with to this point, and half of it does not make sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poweerrrr - Dreamweaver
    Poweerrrr - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hey sylen hate to break it to ya but they just fixed the problem i changed absolutly nothing and updated the thing again and it is workin now and i didnt use any of the links on this forum