Since it seems to be "show off your new skill" week... Sacrificial Slash !!

Hexalot - Dreamweaver
Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
b:laugh

I can confirm that Seeker's skill works as the description says which is to increase your attack level by 50% of whatever your defense level is reduced by (40%) on triggering skill.

Most importantly... the defense level debuff can be Quid Pro Quo'd onto your target while keeping the attack level increase. b:victory

My Seeker's stats with O'Malley's:

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Sacrificial%20slash/?action=view&current=2012-03-2901-06-15.jpg

Sacrificial slash attack lvl buff/defense lvl debuff:

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Sacrificial%20slash/?action=view&current=2012-03-2901-05-18.jpg

QPQ's debuff onto west Arch mob thus returning my defense lvl to original stat:

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Sacrificial%20slash/?action=view&current=2012-03-2901-05-22.jpg

Hot switched to Jones blessing plus genie frenzy b:laugh

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Sacrificial%20slash/?action=view&current=2012-03-2901-05-30.jpg

So basically what I've done via hot switching the blessings plus frenzy is knock 30 defense levels off of my opponent (assuming lvl 20 mob had the defense levels in the first place) via QPQ while at the same time increasing my own attack levels to 140. b:shocked
Post edited by Hexalot - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HardTimes - Lost City
    HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:shocked b:shocked oh great... now any one with a seeker now knows your combo b:surrender you have doomed us all to a army of ppl lving up seekers now b:laugh
  • PiousKitsune - Sanctuary
    PiousKitsune - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    thats...crazy
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mind=Blownb:shocked
    That...would lead to some absolutely crazy spike damage...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Vibhor - Lost City
    Vibhor - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    can u tell me which order gives sacrificial slash?b:surrender
  • HardTimes - Lost City
    HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    can u tell me which order gives sacrificial slash?b:surrender

it already started D:
  • Vibhor - Lost City
    Vibhor - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    it already started D:

i got it thnxb:victory
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Mind=Blownb:shocked
    That...would lead to some absolutely crazy spike damage...

It certainly seems that way. It basically signifies that "true" end game for Seekers... if it wasn't already... now means sticking a JoSD in every socket available. At 144 defense levels (max for Seeker) you'll be virtually unkillable, With S.Slash your attack levels will be through the roof and you'll wipe out half or more of the defense levels of even the most cash shopped opponent in one fell swoop. b:chuckle
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wow man that's VERY intressting. I wonder if it's supposed to be like that, I don't really care but I start to wonder... :P. Intressting I must say.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Well the initial fear about the skill was that the defense debuff would be non Quid Pro Quoable much like genie frenzy debuff and its interesting in that when you use the skill... you just get a single icon under your chi bar for both buff and debuff (again just like Frenzy).
    But... the early translations coming out of China before the expansion reached us was that this was going to be possible so it's not like they didn't know about it before hand and would have had ample time to patch it if objections were raised.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If you QPQ the debuff, does the target lose 20 def lvls?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wow.. a fully decked out jaded r9 seeker with this buff and QPQing it would have 162 attack levels and 109 defense levels.. and that's only with level 10 addr numbness.

Combine that with -44 defense levels on their target and a zerk crit, that'll be some massive spike damage, as others have said.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2012

The target should lose defense levels equal to the amount of defense levels the seeker lost.

So working on my calcs i did pre-patch and with Hex's switching blessings tact too, a typical CSing uber seeker with;

http://pwcalc.com/67dadd72157d3cad (using +5 defense sword bless and +5 additional from sage Numbness both shown on the neck(

will drop 64.5 Defense levels to gain 25.8 Attack levels.

If they then Quid Pro Quo the Defense level debuff to a target and switch to a Jones Blessing that build will have 129.8 Attack Level plus the additional 64.5 Defense level reduction on that target making it effectively 194.3 Attack levels for 15 seconds vs that target, or 129.8 Attack levels for 15 seconds in general.

Frenzy on top to boost to 204.3 Attack Level. (a higher attack level could be achieved but it wouldnt be worth the loss in defense/ attack damage.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012

The skill says you lose a "minimum" of 20 defense lvls. That was basically done to ensure that no matter how little defense levels you have (all the non R9 seekers out there), you would be guaranteed a minimum attack level increase of at least 10. Of course it works out quite nicely on the QPQ transfer side as well. :)
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    The skill says you lose a "minimum" of 20 defense lvls. That was basically done to ensure that no matter how little defense levels you have (all the non R9 seekers out there), you would be guaranteed a minimum attack level increase of at least 10. Of course it works out quite nicely on the QPQ transfer side as well. :)

Check your mail bro! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ah, so I misunderstood what you said in the first post.

I thought you meant it increases your attack levels by 50% of your defense levels, while decreasing your defense levels by 40% of its current value. So I thought it was something like You have 100 defense levels, so you gain 50 attack levels and lose 40 defense levels.

But instead it's 50% of the 40% of what you lose on defense levels right? So in the same example, you're only gaining 20 attack levels instead and losing 40 defense levels.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Ah, so I misunderstood what you said in the first post.

I thought you meant it increases your attack levels by 50% of your defense levels, while decreasing your defense levels by 40% of its current value. So I thought it was something like You have 100 defense levels, so you gain 50 attack levels and lose 40 defense levels.

But instead it's 50% of the 40% of what you lose on defense levels right? So in the same example, you're only gaining 20 attack levels instead and losing 40 defense levels.

Yes, a simple calc would be say your 100 attack and defense levels, use the skill, defense goes down to 50, attack levels go up by 20 to 120. if you then QPQd the debuff -50 defense, you would be on 120 attack, 100 defense.

Say you followed through attacking the target with -50 defense ud effectually be doing another 50 attack levels worth of damage to them so you would be 170 attack 100 defense.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Will we finally see people complaining about Seekers and not just Sin then? b:chuckle
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Check your mail bro! b:victory

Got it. :)

Yeah... what makes this skill so powerful really is the fact that you're doing damage from both ends... hitting them with higher attack levels while causing them to take in more damage from the defensive end. And because defense and attack levels exactly cancel out each other, one less defense level for you equals one extra attack level for me. To be honest, without being able to QPQ the debuff, the skill wouldn't be worth it in my opinion (since a mere 20 attack lvl increase is kind of blah if you already have 100 or more attack levels).
    Will we finally see people complaining about Seekers and not just Sin then? b:chuckle

LOL... this reminds me (and speaking of sins) it seems those Seekers who want the second "third eye" skill won't have to wait very long after all. After getting the Sacrificial slash skill book, I still had 3525 prestige and 755 influence available. Means I just have to do a few more days of morai quests to regain the 5% lost from switching orders and I'll be able to see Sins hiding from me b:dirty (other than the dirty **** who goon glitched of course b:angry ).
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I just became suddenly very interested in my seeker again :o
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    After getting the Sacrificial slash skill book, I still had 3525 prestige and 755 influence available. Means I just have to do a few more days of morai quests to regain the 5% lost from switching orders and I'll be able to see Sins hiding from me b:dirty (other than the dirty **** who goon glitched of course b:angry ).

But how u can transfer your shroud prestige and influence lets say to corona order?
    Maybe i did something wrong, cause i have to get 3500 prestige again in new order.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Eh... I was wrong about this part. Influence and prestige is tied to that particular order. b:surrender