Bots

Options
cjytopher
cjytopher Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So is the report player hacking button the correct one to use for bots? A level 100 barb botting at dawns cry for 3 days now on HT and not a thing being done about it.
Post edited by cjytopher on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes, you can use that one to report botting, as it normally requires an outside source to be able to do it. You should also take screenshots, and possibly a video, and send it via a ticket to report it.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

If you're unsure how to take videos in game, and where to upload them to, feel free to ask!
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Make a few screen shots of him while you are trying to chat with him telling him what you are doing. If all you get is an auto repsonse send in a ticket and he'll get banned in a few days.

Edit: Ninja'd by Shelly >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Okay thank you. I wasnt sure what screenies/vids would do. I'll take a screeny of his armor almost to 0 and him not talking to me. This game was always good for bots in the past and I hope they continue to do so thanks.

EDIT: Screenies sent and as descriptive to the best of my ability, vid programs dont run well with this game on a laptop so I managed with what i could run. Thanks for assistance.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm just curious, why are bots not permabanned? I consider it to be about ten times worse than exploiting a glitch. At least with a glitch the person may not be aware that what they're doing isn't technically allowed. But with botting the person either had to program or purchase the software that allows them to bot.

I've seen more than a few bots, and they were all from the "major" factions on RT. Hell, I've even seen people talking about how that's the way they got their gear, or a factionmate's gear. It seems to me like discouraging people from doing this would take more than..Well, hell, I wouldn't even call being banned for a few days a slap on the wrist. It's more just a very minor inconvenience.
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm just curious, why are bots not permabanned? I consider it to be about ten times worse than exploiting a glitch. At least with a glitch the person may not be aware that what they're doing isn't technically allowed. But with botting the person either had to program or purchase the software that allows them to bot.

I've seen more than a few bots, and they were all from the "major" factions on RT. Hell, I've even seen people talking about how that's the way they got their gear, or a factionmate's gear. It seems to me like discouraging people from doing this would take more than..Well, hell, I wouldn't even call being banned for a few days a slap on the wrist. It's more just a very minor inconvenience.

Or perhaps getting on the game and actively banning bots. Im going to start taking bets tomorrow morning if hes still there on day 4.

Not much deterrence on botting especially if you get multiple chances. Bot for 4 days, make a ton of cash, get banned for 3 days so you take a break and bot another game. Come back after ban and spend money. If its only been one ban, repeat the process.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What I want to know is why, in 3 years, PWI has NEVER done anything about the foxwing botting? There has been at least one or more veno's at the foxwing supreme spawn ever since I started this game, all on the exact same macro. It's insulting when they nerf the price of DQ to deter bots, but allow them to continue unchecked. Just give all spawns of that mob agro and be done with them.
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I seen alot of bots ingame on Lost city since open beta.The newest one i've seen is in Land of Buried Bones 114,418.Is a sin from a guild called NcN.b:avoid
  • PoptartCat - Lost City
    PoptartCat - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If I see bots outside of safe zones in PVP servers on these games I just PK them and report. Usually handles itself.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If I see bots outside of safe zones in PVP servers on these games I just PK them and report. Usually handles itself.

After encountering bots I went and read about some of the software, and PKing them won't do much. Most of the purchasable software has it so they can set up to automatically release and follow a preset path back to the area. I've also heard of people who have a bot for their guild in PVP servers and guild members will stand around the area they're farming to guard it.

Seriously, PW, just permanently ban these people. Hell, I'd even encourage planting a temp ban on anyone from the same IP address until they can show that they're not the same person on a different account.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    After encountering bots I went and read about some of the software, and PKing them won't do much. Most of the purchasable software has it so they can set up to automatically release and follow a preset path back to the area. I've also heard of people who have a bot for their guild in PVP servers and guild members will stand around the area they're farming to guard it.

Seriously, PW, just permanently ban these people. Hell, I'd even encourage planting a temp ban on anyone from the same IP address until they can show that they're not the same person on a different account.

If PWE was smart enough to do this, do you think that any of the PWE-fixable problems would still exist?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I've crossed many while farming hell mats, I for some reason when I first started and didn't realize, I ended up brambling the thing. It was just an instinct of mine being a veno and seeing someone soloing a mob. It was a sin, I checked the gear, seemed and looked legit so i Hardly bothered with it until the next few days of farming and STILL finding this supposed sin in the SAME area in Hell. Grant she was "in" a faction, its rather clever now how they cover up this bot to make it look like its just a normal person grinding, but obviously, if they arent even using a skill aside the one to up their power, then it had to have been a bot especially in heaven when i came across a BM bot. I stayed watching for a while and heard from friends tht they supposedly bot but i know they just talking just to talk. Heck, i was contemplating just to try it out but really if i cant even do what others do which is play around w the codes and change the hair and eyes like the MAJORITY of people have done. . then how can I possibly stoop low to bot?

People have to find some way to cheat . . . it kinda makes us DQ grinders/farmers look terrible, almost bot like no? Id hate for someone to come across me and think I'm a bot if I'm in the same area farming decent DQ/EXP/Spirit. but unlike the bots. . ill answer if you ask me for help. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol they dun actually realy do anything when it comes to banning anyone 90% of the time like how they talk about those scammer catshops and and how a mod's char reported it or something and 3 mins later it went poof sorry but also not gonna take the time outta my gameplay to video screenshot and send a ticket that most likely will have no responce to it at all I've tried in the past to no avail on the matter.

I've reported numerous players on our server for different things that I know are bannable offence's like dragging bosses to saftey zones to kill afk players its a daily occurence 4-5 times a day at snowy on lc and still nothing has been done about it.

the only way to actually fix anything is to have active gm's in game flying around monitoring things and dawn's cry is a hotspot for bots just so you gm's know also hallucinatory island is as well theres all sorts of bot's out and about anymore its easy to tell as well they'll stay in the same area for more than a few hours every day.
  • _Sefirosu_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sefirosu_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I've crossed many while farming hell mats, I for some reason when I first started and didn't realize, I ended up brambling the thing. It was just an instinct of mine being a veno and seeing someone soloing a mob. It was a sin, I checked the gear, seemed and looked legit so i Hardly bothered with it until the next few days of farming and STILL finding this supposed sin in the SAME area in Hell. Grant she was "in" a faction, its rather clever now how they cover up this bot to make it look like its just a normal person grinding, but obviously, if they arent even using a skill aside the one to up their power, then it had to have been a bot especially in heaven when i came across a BM bot. I stayed watching for a while and heard from friends tht they supposedly bot but i know they just talking just to talk. Heck, i was contemplating just to try it out but really if i cant even do what others do which is play around w the codes and change the hair and eyes like the MAJORITY of people have done. . then how can I possibly stoop low to bot?

People have to find some way to cheat . . . it kinda makes us DQ grinders/farmers look terrible, almost bot like no? Id hate for someone to come across me and think I'm a bot if I'm in the same area farming decent DQ/EXP/Spirit. but unlike the bots. . ill answer if you ask me for help. b:victory

I was farming hell mats also. I also saw a few people way in the back where anyone hardly goes. Just killing...didnt pay much attention...

Gonna have to go back and check. Prob make a video or something xD
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well at least maintenance will take care of the bot, saving the gms some time b:mischievous

Will he be back for his day 4? How many days can he go this time? Taking bets now!b:victory
  • buggeroff991
    buggeroff991 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    cjytopher wrote: »
    Okay thank you. I wasnt sure what screenies/vids would do. I'll take a screeny of his armor almost to 0 and him not talking to me. This game was always good for bots in the past and I hope they continue to do so thanks.

EDIT: Screenies sent and as descriptive to the best of my ability, vid programs dont run well with this game on a laptop so I managed with what i could run. Thanks for assistance.

The only problem with him not talking is that he may not see it. For example, I routinely turn off chats because I don't want to see them when grinding and have problems seeing to the lower left as well. Unless the developers come up with something that flashes in the middle of the screen and forces me to answer I would likely ignore it and never even read it.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    my favorite bot test is steal its kill and watch it try to pick up the loot non-stop while it is still your loot. it just stands there until the the loot timer times out to be picked up by anyone, then it continues. also, any human would be mad as h3ll if someone stole like 10 of their kills in a row, vs just moving on to the next mob.

I was toying with 2 bots in same area at the same time , both from TW factions on RT server.
    this was south of lost village, east of the edge of the swamp, where no one goes.
    this is a real nightmare for honest farmers and PW administration just wont clear the jerks out of this game like they should. they should kiss em goodbye and cut 'em off permaban style..

moral of the story: if they bot for free, you may as well also. make a bot acct, separate from your good ones and go for it. who is going to stop you? no one, that's who.
    I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG AND ACTUALLY BAN BOTS
    (that's a CHALLENGE to PWI fail game managers, a challenge to make it right)

btw, all funny haha aside, as more people see that nothing is being done, more people will want to be even in the game and they will start botting, since everyone else is too and with no penalty.
    you set dangerous precedents with inaction against srs toc violations.
  • hypatiredkitty0
    hypatiredkitty0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    opossums is spelled wrong btw :p just thought i'd throw that out there
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I also knew 2 Bots on Harshland server , both farming Madtooth Basilisks. Whenever i do gbq i make a short trip to kill them. I tryed to make them die by the mobs using that metal mage mode and the anti heal skills just to realize how garbage they are.

Seriously i can't kill a bot with this anti heal , his claw prog bypass that new Skills. Such trash skills, cant kill an afk person botting with it. I reported them over the ingame function and nothing happend. Why in the world do i have to do screens and send them in ? What can a screen prove, and why would i go trough the hassle to make a video ? It should enough to say, hey gm look this person is botting and the gm should be able to check his logs and see oh this person play 30 days a month 18 hours a day and is killing the same mob over and over and take no breaks. This must be a very legit azn player - no bots here at all b:sweat ..............
    I hate Room 38
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Heeeeee's Baaaaaack......

Day 4 and hes back online right on time for 2x event, ready for another full day of botting. Will he leave dawn cry island or be banned? Oh what a mystery!
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    btw, all funny haha aside, as more people see that nothing is being done, more people will want to be even in the game and they will start botting, since everyone else is too and with no penalty.
    you set dangerous precedents with inaction against srs toc violations.

This. It's exactly why people are such *******s in the game. Why not be? Nothing ever happens to the people who are. This is why I stopped bothering to report people. Even when I had a guy pretty much stalk my main for days, babbling and cursing at me in normal chat(For some reason even when you have them blocked, if you have chat set to show on screen it will show their chat on screen too.), following me around any time he saw me, nothing was ever done despite the tickets and fookton of screenshots I sent in. So I guess expecting them to deal with bots is just expecting too much.

I followed a bot around for hours one day, picking up his DQs because the guy didn't set the program to pick up all drops, he only set it to pick up coins. Then the actual player eventually came back to the PC, wanting to know who I was. It was pretty funny.
  • kablammy
    kablammy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    oh wow ... i have been getting pk'ed for no apparent reason... other ppl around not getting pk'ed just me... and i dont pk or socialize ... i just grind by myself ...

i thought it was angry mat collectors ... getting revenge because "how dare anyone else pick on their mat run" but they never come back and pick the mats either ...

this explains it ... vigilante justice ... and im just collateral dammage?
    dont tell me you check my gears .... there is no one policing the police in a vigilante situstion
    just neighborhood watch guys blowing holes in kids wearing hoodies ... hahahahahaha
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    kablammy wrote: »
    oh wow ... i have been getting pk'ed for no apparent reason... other ppl around not getting pk'ed just me... and i dont pk or socialize ... i just grind by myself ...

i thought it was angry mat collectors ... getting revenge because "how dare anyone else pick on their mat run" but they never come back and pick the mats either ...

this explains it ... vigilante justice ... and im just collateral dammage?
    dont tell me you check my gears .... there is no one policing the police in a vigilante situstion
    just neighborhood watch guys blowing holes in kids wearing hoodies ... hahahahahaha

Solution: don't act like a bot, and pay attention to whispers/common chat for people checking to see if you are a bot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The bot is still there.....this is either day 5 or 6 ive lost count now. Still taking bets on how long he stays there.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Have you reported through a ticket - included screenshots and possibly a video? Without sufficient proof, your ticket can get overlooked. Also make sure to update the ticket itself, rather than opening a new one. But alas, it takes a minimum of 3-5 business days for a ticket to get relied to, so so far you're in a good stand...

What's the current status on your ticket?
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Have you reported through a ticket - included screenshots and possibly a video? Without sufficient proof, your ticket can get overlooked. Also make sure to update the ticket itself, rather than opening a new one. But alas, it takes a minimum of 3-5 business days for a ticket to get relied to, so so far you're in a good stand...

What's the current status on your ticket?

Ive had others use in game report and send in tickets, and a group of 5 of us tried **** up the bot by dropping coins, which kind of worked for awhile in ticking his charm. I have not opened any new tickets cause i know they will be bumped down, so ive just being logging in once a day using report **** button in game, waiting for a bit then logging out. I will try to add a video (my ticket has 8 screenies attatched), but the way my laptop runs it will probably look like a slideshow of pics anyway.

My ticket as of yet is still unresolved, so I guess they haven't looked at it yet. He was botting almost 48 hours before I had clued in he was botting and sent in a ticket, so I guess in reality its day 3 for my ticket and day 5 or 6 for his botting adventure.

I guess in the end, PWI was putting on the face that bots were a problem, they tried to use solutions that angered the community and now we have examples all over this thread that bots are an overlooked problem. I think pwi has too many games on their plate since it seems to be quite difficult for them to log in for a few minutes and double check some of the reports of bots sent in.

EDIT: Found out last night gms were online and told yesterday on world chat about botter, yet they thought spawning bosses at westgate was more important. Anyway, I have tried to get 3 videos made and compressing them now. The free version of fraps only allows 30 seconds so I hope 8 screenies and 3 videos is enough for them.

Still trying to upload video, had to change browsers cause chrome kept crashing, firefox isnt even uploading it so im out of options for videos. We will just wait and see if anything is done about it with what I could manage. Seems the players work harder to combat bots then any management does, a shame.

Oh and mods keeping this thread open, and being helpful has been greatly appreciated thank you.
  • Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide
    Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Question: Is it against the the rules to find someone who is botting and try and steal his drops? I mean, if you are certain he's botting then take his drops, especially if he's not picking up everything. Becuase if it is, I'm going to find me a bot to stalkb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If drops have been left long enough for them to be freely pickable, then they're yours for the taking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Question: Is it against the the rules to find someone who is botting and try and steal his drops? I mean, if you are certain he's botting then take his drops, especially if he's not picking up everything. Becuase if it is, I'm going to find me a bot to stalkb:laugh

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I was following the bot I reported before maintenance since he filled up and was too busy picking up the newly dropped 1 coin piles I was pooping out, so I was getting his oils and dq items for a bit. Go stalk em and get some drops, at least we can try and adapt to use bots to our advantage....they aren't going away anytime soon.

If you aren't on a pk server, you can try to get the bot to aggro as much as possible ( 1 coin pile **** method I mentioned above) and tick the charm like crazy or even better, get them killed.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I've reported numerous players on our server for different things that I know are bannable offence's like dragging bosses to saftey zones to kill afk players its a daily occurence 4-5 times a day at snowy on lc and still nothing has been done about it.

Lost City died a little bit more after you typed that.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I would love to know what the "report hacking" button is even for. I've been using it every five minutes on a bot for about an hour now. Yes, I'm sure he's a bot. He gets stuck on drops that aren't his, heals his mystic summon every time it drops down below exactly half, he has answered no PMs and has been there for roughly 12 hours now. If the report button does something, I've yet to see it.

Gotta be honest, I'm not going to waste my time filling out a ticket on the site. Just finding the place to send in a ticket is practically a sodding treasure hunt. Then there's the fact that it usually errors out when I try to add photos that are within the size/type limit. I just don't see the point in wasting an hour to submit a ticket just to have the bot banned for a couple of days.

You'd think PW would be harder on bots, considering they're costing PW money. Those lazy ***** don't need to CS when they can just set a program to run to make coin.
This discussion has been closed.