Are there less people playing now?

Llamue - Dreamweaver
Llamue - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I used to play PWI after it came out of beta and I remember lots more people. Are there less players now or did everyone just level up so I'm seeing fewer in the beginner's areas? If less, why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Ussta chi zhah jatha'ur taga dossta!
Post edited by Llamue - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• cjytopher
    cjytopher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I used to play PWI after it came out of beta and I remember lots more people. Are there less players now or did everyone just level up so I'm seeing fewer in the beginner's areas? If less, why?

I came back myself after awhile and noticed the same thing, it was very apparent in the archosaur areas which used to be kill steal central lol.

Im not sure what the newer servers look like but im thinking any new players that do register are going to those or being directed to those first. Im on heavens tear and its a lonely world still at level 57. The way this game has gone economy wise as well has made a majority of those new f2p players turn around and find another game once they realize the state of economy.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Newby's became a rarity... Alts lvl up by buying power lvl runs... Everyone rushes to lvl 100 as fast as possible... So yeah PW still has a good amount of player base... You just won't be able to notice it until you're higher... So basically the low lvles will be lonely and it'll get better as you get higher... The best way to meet ppl your lvl will be during Spiritual Cultivation quests (if not dealing with someone's alt being a total ***)... And keep an eye on World Channel to see if any factions are recruiting... That's all the advise I can give...

Anyway welcome back... Hope you'll be able to make some friends on your server even before you're higher... Lot's of friendly ppl come here on the forums (aside from the trolls) so there should be someone bored who is willing to help you as well... Otherwise try joining a faction... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Saturn - Raging Tide
    Saturn - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I came back after a two year break and was just floored by the fact that there was no one leveling around with me in the beginning areas. Most people all power level with their mains or friends it seems. Was a real hassle trying to get BH29 squads xD
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I came back after a two year break and was just floored by the fact that there was no one leveling around with me in the beginning areas. Most people all power level with their mains or friends it seems. Was a real hassle trying to get BH29 squads xD

Pro tip:Ask for high levels

Its not like you can't do your BH anymore(At your level range),its just that there are too few lvs.40-69 around so most of BH29/39/51 are actually done by high level helping 1-2 max 3 people lol
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    people lvled up

majority is lvl100+

you see plenty of them afk in archosaur city
    and the new lvl95+ areas are always full of people

and ofc everyone is doing instances...
    i like potato
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Pshh i got a new BM alt and am soloing all his bh's with mystic up until bh69 so...won't be seeing Kung Thai (BM's name) in a BH squad for awhile now but for now no frost...at'least i wouldn't think so.
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It's sad, but true. Game isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.