Game Wont Install Correctly

criimsontyg
criimsontyg Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
I downloaded this game last night and tried to install it this morning and when it finishes and says it installed a notepad document pops up tht says "[autorun] open=Install.exe icon=icon.ico" i was wondering if there is any way to fix this please help. Thank you
Post edited by criimsontyg on

Comments

• Avanjaleen - Lost City
    Avanjaleen - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I had the same problem after downloading. I had to go into the folder "Pw_Descent_Installer" and click the "install" application. It went through the process an seems to be working fine now.

Maybe this will help you.
  • herodahyro
    herodahyro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Actually...I'm having the same problem. I click download, and right when it says calculating time remaining, it vanishes and the notepad pops up saying auto run as the title. In the page it says: [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

A little help would be nice. Just spent 20 dollars on the game and can't even do anything with it now. o_o
  • lilliumrova
    lilliumrova Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I am having the same problem the download only opens a notepad document
  • cme
    cme Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So... i've tried to install the game several times and keep getting the Autorun Notepad popping up as well... I had an older version of the game on my computer but it couldn't find the server to update patches. When I tried to manually download the patches I couldn't find old enough versions so Ms. Smartypants decided to uninstall then reinstall the game. Now it won't download at all. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers as to what I should do next? I see alot of posts about this issue but not any answers how to fix it. Please help!
  • sweeny88
    sweeny88 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i Had The Same Problem After Downloading. I Had To Go Into The Folder "pw_descent_installer" And Click The "install" Application. It Went Through The Process An Seems To Be Working Fine Now.

Maybe This Will Help You.

Confirmed Works This Way
  • athena6alkimos
    athena6alkimos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    hun? could someone explain to me how to do that, i can't figure it out...
  • sarahrawrr
    sarahrawrr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012

i cant it in the floder and wheni go to install it it gets to 48% and then i cpmes up with a message saying unable to compress zip folder and then an unistall box comes up
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    sarahrawrr wrote: »
    i cant it in the floder and wheni go to install it it gets to 48% and then i cpmes up with a message saying unable to compress zip folder and then an unistall box comes up

Un-install Pando Media Booster, reboot your PC, and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _HolyMeth_ - Heavens Tear
    _HolyMeth_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm having a problem installing the game on my sister's laptop. I do get the notepad showing the Autorun. So I go and get the install.exe in the folder itself but it doesn't launch anything at all. Been trying many different ways to install it and it never works. Any one know what I could possibly do to fix this issue?
  • Dawnetta - Heavens Tear
    Dawnetta - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    When someone figures out how to get PWI to download, please post something here. I have tried everything I have found and nothing works. I keep getting the same thing: a white box with 2 short lines of nothing of any use. Thanks to whoever figures this out.
    edited March 2012
    ... Any one know what I could possibly do to fix this issue?
    Not without more information, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Try uninstalling Pando, and reinstalling the game, or installing the newer game client.

You can also consider install the Pando Media Booster directly from them to see if that helps.

Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4042
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • cicixxtahkoz
    cicixxtahkoz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I had the same problem after downloading. I had to go into the folder "Pw_Descent_Installer" and click the "install" application. It went through the process an seems to be working fine now.

Maybe this will help you.

How do you go into the folder?
    I mean, I get a red dragon icon instead of a folder, with the same name. "Pw_Descent_Installer"
    It opens the downloader or installer, whichever, and goes to notepad.
  • wolvesrul1992
    wolvesrul1992 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Ok, highlight and copy the file PWI_Descent_Installer from this post, then click on start, and paste this into start. a folder should come up. click on it. then look for install. there will be several there, look for the one that looks like a closed box. Double click, then follow the directions given to you.

hope this helps out b:pleased
  • axelzero93
    axelzero93 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I tried searching for "Pw_Descent_Installer" but got nothing, i downloaded this two days ago. any tips?
  • XXMassacreXx - Lost City
    XXMassacreXx - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This happened to me as well. I shredded the files and started over, but this time I saved it directly to my desktop. Once I saved it there, I opened the folder up and there was an install application that you can manually click. There may be ones that look similar, but I used the one with the golden box and ran as admin. It worked for me. Just make sure you verify your files on start up as well. (:
    edited April 2012
    axelzero93 wrote: »
    I tried searching for "Pw_Descent_Installer" but got nothing, i downloaded this two days ago. any tips?

Just use "Decent" in your search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AllanFox - Heavens Tear
    AllanFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Just use "Decent" in your search.

FWIW The Directory was created on the desktop and called "PWI_v621_Installer" on my machine.

Installation failed due to data2.pck being reported as being corrupt ... a repeated download after deletion of the first download produced the same result.

How do I get the program to install?

BTW this is a reinstallation on a new machine.

A
  • SoulMatrix - Heavens Tear
    SoulMatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I cant seem to be able to get pwi TO INSTALL COMPLETELY
    I ran the pwi descent installer I am running or trying to run it in ubunto with wine it keeps re downloading the same stuff over and over
  • Aerubin - Lost City
    Aerubin - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    For all of you that cant find the descent installer, for me, the file is called just "Install", and the description of the file sais "MFC".
  • alexxthegreatt
    alexxthegreatt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    When someone figures out how to get PWI to download, please post something here. I have tried everything I have found and nothing works. I keep getting the same thing: a white box with 2 short lines of nothing of any use. Thanks to whoever figures this out.

all you have to do is go to the PW_v621_Descent thing or whatever, double click it, itll open and inside are a bunch of folders. Theres one that says 'Install' (the icon is a gold looking box) click that. Should install itself. Takes a minute
  • stardreamer12
    stardreamer12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thank you, this helped me a lot. I found the install app inside the folder and was able to move forward after getting the notepad autorun. Frustrating to say the least after waiting so so long for the dl to finish. b:victory
  • captianjake44
    captianjake44 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

i searched perfect world on my computer and it has 3 folders 2 say install 1 says copy right what do i do?
  • captianjake44
    captianjake44 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico

i searched perfect world on my computer and it has 3 folders 2 say install 1 says copy right what do i do?

nvm i figured it out
  • xdomcarsonx
    xdomcarsonx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This game doesn't seem worth all the trouble it is to just get it to run and it seems to have WAY too many downlooad issues. You would think they would have realized this and made a better way to download it and/or just fix it altogether.
  • inanimatedblue
    inanimatedblue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm looking for the Pw_Descent_Installer, but all I have is a PWI_v636_Installer.exe, and that's not a folder I can open and select the "install". Did I download the wrong thing? It's exactly what I got from when I started my account- and it said PWI Decent in the background..

Could someone give me a link to where I can get the Pw_Descent_Installer folder to prevent the notepad popup and play the game?
    edited July 2012
    I'm looking for the Pw_Descent_Installer, but all I have is a PWI_v636_Installer.exe, and that's not a folder I can open and select the "install". Did I download the wrong thing? It's exactly what I got from when I started my account- and it said PWI Decent in the background..

Could someone give me a link to where I can get the Pw_Descent_Installer folder to prevent the notepad popup and play the game?

ok you run the PWI_v636_Installer.exe. It installs Pando Media Booster, which then downloads the folder with all of the install files.
    It's basically broken, so instead of running install.exe, ir runs autorun.inf. (because the installer is written like it's supposed to be on a disk for some stupid reason.)

When you begin the download, Pando asks you where you want to save the files. That is where your directory you are looking for is.
    Last I checked, the default was to place the folder on your desktop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mp3fan
    mp3fan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico
    ok i tried all the above and it still did not work so i reformatted my hard drive b:shocked, but my luck,, even after reformat its still not working b:cry any other thoughts ?
    game version 551

found userpic 3rd one ,, very nice
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Download the game with new client ? Don't necro threads !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Download the game with new client ? Don't necro threads !

This.

And remember, only YOU can prevent the zombie apocalypse!
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.