Zerk Claws, BP and HP

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Blademaster
Ok so i was playing about on pwi calc and realisied endgame my HP will be 19.5k with my aps gear on. So i got to thinking is that to much hp to have with zerk claws? Will BP heals be able to keep me alive over damage delt from boss and hp loss from sac assault?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Claws with Berserk don't actually do damage to you like Sac Strike or GoF, they just ruin your defenses so the opponent does more damage. That's why they're not great for PvP.

Its kind of like Frenzy.

Do you normally run fully buffed or self buffed, and whats your build you are aiming for? That'll help. Things like JoSD in a zerk build help more than defenses, and even TT armor can be favorable over Lunar armor so its hard to say.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    This is the build i am aiming for if its not worth it to get zerk on my G15 claws. This is self buffed http://pwcalc.com/459d22964805f76e and this is fully buffed ( i would like to be running fully buffed for most instances) http://pwcalc.com/9f97b6cfcb6a4cd8 .My self buffs are demon (eventually) and for the other buffs i stook with lvl 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Zerk fist? here ya go
    http://pwcalc.com/e458292192a191a7
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012

Thats nice but for me to get TT99 bracers would be pointless considering i have nirvana, i dont intend getting any piece of rank gear because my gear is account stashed from my barb. Thanks for the advice though :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    edited March 2012
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    At 12k you'll be fine with PvE with BP. With sage BP its a complete non issue.

I think Ive gone to about 30% a few times and that was mostly due to being chain stunned.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    But i have more than 12k -_- lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Thats what Im saying. 12k with claws is kinda more than enough for PvE.

I only realistically die in trials from boss ultis on and off with no charm, or when 50 splodey mobs in trial 7 die cause I just HFed em and the psys/wizzies/archer unloaded on them.

Everything else is from me pulling all the spinny mobs at Peach in abba and not timing my immunes right, pulling incorrectly on huge groups (bad immune timing in some cases), or other random stupid **** I do. Save a few WBs which you kinda need a cleric for, there is no real single target mob 12k is not enough for.

12k is also a great buffer in nearly everything to avoid charm ticks. FF, Nirvvy, etc I find Im cutting it damn close with my current HP not to charm tick.

Revenge proc just gives back HP, Sac strike you'd heal back the 5% you lose with BP instantly.

On the budget end of things: G13 is fine.

G15 and R8 recast is amazing for PvE. Its like taking a chainsaw to a steak. It'll get the job done but its overkill for whats out there really. Unless I score some sorta -int boots or chest outta R8 recast eventually, I will sit there with G13 +12s for quite some time. I can solo FF, Nirvana, PQ3 (omg that boss...), a few WBs I stay up fine with pots (Im not harpy wraith TheDan level tho), blah blah blah yanno?

If you want the 19.5 for PvP - absolutely useful, same with the G15's. But if you haven't done all that gear yet, review your cost effectiveness vs R9 for sure.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    G15 claws can only get Revenge which heals you. Berserk is on G15 fist which does a 50% damage amp (but no hp penalty). I think you're thinking about Sacrificial Strike / GoF which is only found on daggers and the TT90 gold fist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    G15 claws can only get Revenge which heals you. Berserk is on G15 fist which does a 50% damage amp (but no hp penalty). I think you're thinking about Sacrificial Strike / GoF which is only found on daggers and the TT90 gold fist.

Yeah i was, thanks for clearing that up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012

If you want the 19.5 for PvP - absolutely useful, same with the G15's. But if you haven't done all that gear yet, review your cost effectiveness vs R9 for sure.

I have the nirvana gear which i will just stash from my barb once the bm reaches lvl 100. I still need to farm the lionheart ornies, WTLG and Scroll of Tome.
    And yup i do want the high hp pool for pvp but most of the time i wont be using my aps set up for pvp but instead my barbs complete gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    I have the nirvana gear which i will just stash from my barb once the bm reaches lvl 100. I still need to farm the lionheart ornies, WTLG and Scroll of Tome.
    And yup i do want the high hp pool for pvp but most of the time i wont be using my aps set up for pvp but instead my barbs complete gear.

If you're going to do the Barb/BM account stash thing, you can do deicides or G13 Nirrvys easy for both.

Do you have an axe plan already down?
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    If you're going to do the Barb/BM account stash thing, you can do deicides or G13 Nirrvys easy for both.

Do you have an axe plan already down?

My barb is vit build so i dont plan on statting him for dex and here is my axe plan http://pwcalc.com/787bcc2b09d294da atm i have the armour and axes almost have the rings, currently using CoA rings and i have the first stage warsong ornies. Still got a bit of farming to do but i will get there eventually.

Edit: Posted that on my mobile and couldnt get it to show all the adds on my axes but i have sac assault and +18 dex (trying to change this to str). The last add is that fail i cant remember it of the top off my head i will log on tomorrow and check it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You're going to be facerolled in pvp without more def levels, at least double what your axe build has, triple or more being ideal.

Edit: drakeflames in axes are a waste. You won't notice a difference unless you're at 4-5 aps; use garnet gems or g12 ambers.
  • OJake - Raging Tide
    OJake - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is the build i am aiming for if its not worth it to get zerk on my G15 claws. This is self buffed http://pwcalc.com/459d22964805f76e and this is fully buffed ( i would like to be running fully buffed for most instances) http://pwcalc.com/9f97b6cfcb6a4cd8 .My self buffs are demon (eventually) and for the other buffs i stook with lvl 10.

hey dude emm Stones of the Brute do not exist in game lol so that calc is incorrect b:surrender
    edited March 2012
    hey dude emm Stones of the Brute do not exist in game lol so that calc is incorrect b:surrender

4x10=40 as does 2x20
    What does that tell you?
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Edit: drakeflames in axes are a waste. You won't notice a difference unless you're at 4-5 aps; use garnet gems or g12 ambers.

Why g12 amber shards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012

Yeah i know those shards arent in the game but still it doesnt make my calc incorrect, just a way for me to quickly add 40 vit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    You're going to be facerolled in pvp without more def levels, at least double what your axe build has, triple or more being ideal.

I know JoSD are way better than vit stones but i thought it would take me to long to farm them but here is my build with them http://pwcalc.com/2612ba524448e94e alot better i know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ambers because few things are more annoying than finally catching an archer with antistun on cd or kiting a sin unti tidal runs out, going in with drake bash and... miss! Even with 2 accuracy rings, it's a frequent occurence.
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ambers because few things are more annoying than finally catching an archer with antistun on cd or kiting a sin unti tidal runs out, going in with drake bash and... miss! Even with 2 accuracy rings, it's a frequent occurence.

Though those misses are annoying, I wouldn't say its work sharding ambers over garnets, since garnets work on the other 8 classes just fine.