Comments

• ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    fight my barb next qq
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    that wasn't a bad video, my only complaint is that quite a few ppl need help with r9+12JoSD psys which are almost impossible to kill. You didn't get sealed very much by soul of silence, im guessing its due to your opponenets having low refines. That is hte most annoying factor of fighitng a psy. Unless you build your genie around it(which will also help against wizards), then its a real pain getting sealed every other hit. Genie spark can also get you sealed mid bt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    that wasn't a bad video, my only complaint is that quite a few ppl need help with r9+12JoSD psys which are almost impossible to kill. You didn't get sealed very much by soul of silence, im guessing its due to your opponenets having low refines. That is hte most annoying factor of fighitng a psy. Unless you build your genie around it(which will also help against wizards), then its a real pain getting sealed every other hit. Genie spark can also get you sealed mid bt.

That is true, but my wizard cannot have a decent fight with a full +12 psy. I tried to make up for it by fighting a psy with +12 wep (Apostasy) b:surrender
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not too bad. There's a few things in this video I wanted to point out that would probably help you.

I notice a few times you undine'd yourself with SoR. Why do you let it happen? I mean..the only reason I can see is that it could be an invitation for the psy to go in black voodoo. Only other thing I can see is that you didn't know what SoR does (but I'm sure you did.

Only other thing I can think of is at the end of your last fight, instead of hailstorming her, I would have undined (after FoW of course), then slept her with BT - spark - poison. I'd say you got a bit lucky with the freeze proc on your hailstorm.

Also, make more vids with Boogie..I love those videos.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited March 2012
    I notice a few times you undine'd yourself with SoR. Why do you let it happen? I mean..the only reason I can see is that it could be an invitation for the psy to go in black voodoo. Only other thing I can see is that you didn't know what SoR does (but I'm sure you did.

Well it's either I'm being stupid and didn't see SoR and saw it as SoS or I wanted them to come out from black vodoo. Could've been the former as watching status icons for 10 minutes gets tedious and I could've easily made a mistake or two. I haven't watched the video back in great detail but are you sure I wasn't using 79 shell? I'm pretty sure from memory the psys i was fighting was using SoS against me rather than SoR.
    edited March 2012
    Yea, I saw twice (I think from separate Psy's too) you undine yourself from SoR.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited March 2012
    Yea, I saw twice (I think from separate Psy's too) you undine yourself from SoR.

Then it's probably me derping b:surrender
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    Dai_Viper - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    no1 is perfectb:laugh
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory
    edited March 2012
    Then it's probably me derping b:surrender

Haha everyone has those moments. Though it could be used to your advantage you know. If you can see yourself as being in a "safe" situation, you can undine yourself with their SoR, and have a hope they go in attack voodoo because of it. "ROFL stupid wizard, time to die...**** that didn't work" Basically the same thing with Badging out of their stun.

I don't know if anyone would ever fall for it..but like I said if you're ever in a situation where undining yourself *shouldn't* cause you to die..you could go for it I guess?
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That is true, but my wizard cannot have a decent fight with a full +12 psy. I tried to make up for it by fighting a psy with +12 wep (Apostasy) b:surrender

- Well... Boogie / Facerolled is right to do this as far as each individual piece of gear at +12 gives 2535 Soulforce... except for the weapon... The weapon gives far more Soulforce bonus... My Soulforce is 30,600+ due to my weapon being +12 and the rest of my gear being +5 - +7 refined...

To Boogie / Facerolled... Next time you would like to do a commentary / guide on Wiz VS Psy... consider just telling me that is what you are doing... I believe it would be far more benefitial to wizards to see, as an example : "Here is what happens when Soulburn from a psy in white voodoo hits you, in black... here is potentially ways to beat / aid vs soulburn" ... and then we could work on down the list... I'd be more than willing to do this...

Unless of course, you were just interested in showing yourself killing psys... in which case would explain why you left out my 1 of 3 fights win... pfft b:lipcurl But in all honesty, a few fights between yourself and a few psys, is of little benefit to most wizards out there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey Hurr, what's the stats on your recast r8 sword? :o I looked at the pw calc you linked under your youtube vid because I was curious. I don't have a lot of experience with pking or psys whatsoever, how do you know when they're SoR'd? :o

Also <_<; o.o I would like to start pking, looks addictive. Are there any unwritten etiquette rules about pk that you know of? :o
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    how do you know when they're (psys) SoR'd? :o

Also <_<; o.o I would like to start pking, looks addictive. Are there any unwritten etiquette rules about pk that you know of? :o

Well... Soul of Retalliation will appear as a glimmerring bubble around the psy... almost makes the character look like you see the psy through stained glass or something... otherwise, you can look for the buff icon on the psy... but i honestly couldnt tell ya what that one looks like, never paid attention...

As far as "unwritten rules of ettiquette" in pk mode... to me it seems there are 3 sets of rules... 1. All make up their own rules which suit them best as they go... thus breaking their own rules if it benefits them, which includes ganking... (ie. kill or be killed)... and 2. You will see among friends, there actually are rules between yourself and them individually... 3. If you don't like to die... DO NOT GO PK MODE...

Beyond that... if you want to have a Bloodred Name... don't make friends... kill everyone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Im more interested in pking to hone my wiz technique :3 if I got any drops I would give them back unless the person was a butthead o,o
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited April 2012
    - Well... Boogie / Facerolled is right to do this as far as each individual piece of gear at +12 gives 2535 Soulforce... except for the weapon... The weapon gives far more Soulforce bonus... My Soulforce is 30,600+ due to my weapon being +12 and the rest of my gear being +5 - +7 refined...

To Boogie / Facerolled... Next time you would like to do a commentary / guide on Wiz VS Psy... consider just telling me that is what you are doing... I believe it would be far more benefitial to wizards to see, as an example : "Here is what happens when Soulburn from a psy in white voodoo hits you, in black... here is potentially ways to beat / aid vs soulburn" ... and then we could work on down the list... I'd be more than willing to do this...

Unless of course, you were just interested in showing yourself killing psys... in which case would explain why you left out my 1 of 3 fights win... pfft b:lipcurl But in all honesty, a few fights between yourself and a few psys, is of little benefit to most wizards out there...

I tried to cover how to fight against SB I thought.

I prefer to have natural fights so I can explain what one should expect in a fight, not a rigged fight where my opponent tries certain things that is agreed before hand which one would not usually encounter during fights.
    Hey Hurr, what's the stats on your recast r8 sword? :o I looked at the pw calc you linked under your youtube vid because I was curious. I don't have a lot of experience with pking or psys whatsoever, how do you know when they're SoR'd? :o

I swear I linked a SS in the description too...but oh well.

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv242/boogiepanda/Untitled.jpg

SoR is 3 dot buff icon, SoStunning is 4 dots buff icon. I play a lot by watching status icons but there's also a visual effect as described by Apo.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Status_Icon_Reference_Guide

Good place to learn and familiarise yourself with status icons and what they do.

Unwritten rules about PK? Don't gank and don't trash talk/QQ too much I guess. Of course I hear at the moment there's a lot of mass PvP on Sanc so ganking there is accepted. If you see two people engaged in combat and neither has provoked you before I probably wouldn't gank or touch either one. Trash talking/QQing also make you more hated and more likely to be 'KOSed'.
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Kk thanks for the advice! And maybe you did and I just derped and missed it xD very nice stats btw, how many rolls before you got that?
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited April 2012
    Kk thanks for the advice! And maybe you did and I just derped and missed it xD very nice stats btw, how many rolls before you got that?

1 reforge and 2 hones.

**edit - the SS I linked was the old one, here's my stats now after honing

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv242/boogiepanda/RecastSword.jpg
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Aw D; attack and vit went down but yay crit n hp ^^
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    When I 1v1'd Apostasy he would almost never come out of white b:cry When he did it was because I was soulburned, and since I'm not as well geared as you I really couldn't tank it b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.