BM whats better ? AXE or FIST ?

Options
Seeperd - Heavens Tear
Seeperd - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Blademaster
Ok so here goes :

I have a 101 BM R8 and 5.0 with +10 claws. So i know that 5.0 kicks butt. Yes I solo FC etc and I know that 5.0 slices through mobs like a hot knife through butter. My Bm as is, currently stands on 9827 HP unbuffed

But here is my question: I intend going TW with the BM - I have a sin 2 pieces away from 5.0 so ,in my mind, the Nirvi's and FC's should and can still be done with GREAT sucess.

On the BM however should I rather revert back to full axe/hammer build or stay claws ?

I know that full axe build has incredibly high spike damage, also GREAT HP for survivability. The spike damage helps for 1 or 2 hit PK in PvP.

Also another point is that 99% of squads I am in the sins takes agro with their +10 or +11 nirvi daggers anyway. So whats the point in having the +10 claws anymore? Was it not to take and maintain agro in the 1st place?

Sooooo you might think that I am actually answering myself, and to an extent you might be correct. I just need some confirmation or not. Should I reroll to axe or stay claws?

And if you are so kind to answer, may I please ask for your reasoning behind it?

Your positive inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I went to bed last night, lying on my back, looking up at the millions and millions of stars. During this time 2 thoughts crossed my mind:

1 - Do we really believe that we are alone in this vast universe...
2 - If only I knew who stole my roof....
Post edited by Seeperd - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    you did answer your question.. just do what makes the most sense to you, but dont forget the main goal which is to have fun.

personally i think that if you aren't tanking and don't care about shaving another few seconds off the kill - go back to being what a BM was meant to be.

i dont think a BM (or barbs even) was ever fully intended to be a DD class, they were designed as a backup tank and squad supporter. the release of packs made aps more easily attainable and thats when BM's took on the dps tank role - now the sins are being DPS tanks. If its something a sin cant tank, there's always barbarians and axe BM's.

that raises the question of how you would hold aggro as an axe BM. The solution is the same as it was on day 1 - the dd classes need to control themselves.

on the TW field, I would personally rather have a vit axe BM by my side than a low hp apser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You know its a hard call anymore. Everyone wants aps now so they have just forgotten that BM's are one of the most versatile classes out there. I say play the way you want to play. I won't lie and say I don't have aps on my BM cause I do, but I still like to play the same way I did when I started 3 years ago and thats using swords. Also I think if you plan to go for more of TW now than having the axe build will be a nice help to you there.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    God i miss the days when Bms that used claws/fists were laughed at. 90% of Bms were axe/hammer :)

I vote go full axe/hammer build. Ontop of wayyy higher spike damage and crits, pvp wise u can actually stun lock properly and for as long as u want if u master it, unlike with fists. Oh and also on a just my opinion note, ud be an actual good bm and player instead of being just another doughy mold straight from the cookie cutter set of bms out there.

And just for a side note on dumb aps pvpers in 1v1. Why are some of them dumb enough to say "pffftt noob u only won cuz u ran away lol"

cuz apparently my response i usually give isnt good enough to snap them out of their moronic state lol.
    "sorry, my fault ur right im a noob, next time ill be dumb enough...err i mean pro enough to just stand still and LET u aps me to death, silly me for using a bunch of diferent skills and moved around for the 1v1"

lol but then again if silly claw/fist ONLY bms would ever realize hidden DEEP within their skillsets (lol) is a damn good stun lock, and then they would get wat they want....their opponent to not move and stay in one spot :)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You should....post in general and get awful advice!

Or post in the BM forums. Or read TheDan's PvP guide.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    And just for a side note on dumb aps pvpers in 1v1. Why are some of them dumb enough to say "pffftt noob u only won cuz u ran away lol"

cuz apparently my response i usually give isnt good enough to snap them out of their moronic state lol.

"sorry, my fault ur right im a noob, next time ill be dumb enough...err i mean pro enough to just stand still and LET u aps me to death, silly me for using a bunch of diferent skills and moved around for the 1v1"

b:laugh

So true, fail people always QQ about something, if you hadn't run away... if you hadn't used IG... If you hadn't used your genie...

If you morons knew how to play your toons b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol general discussion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ok so here goes :

I have a 101 BM R8 and 5.0 with +10 claws. So i know that 5.0 kicks butt. Yes I solo FC etc and I know that 5.0 slices through mobs like a hot knife through butter. My Bm as is, currently stands on 9827 HP unbuffed

But here is my question: I intend going TW with the BM - I have a sin 2 pieces away from 5.0 so ,in my mind, the Nirvi's and FC's should and can still be done with GREAT sucess.

On the BM however should I rather revert back to full axe/hammer build or stay claws ?

I know that full axe build has incredibly high spike damage, also GREAT HP for survivability. The spike damage helps for 1 or 2 hit PK in PvP.

Also another point is that 99% of squads I am in the sins takes agro with their +10 or +11 nirvi daggers anyway. So whats the point in having the +10 claws anymore? Was it not to take and maintain agro in the 1st place?

Sooooo you might think that I am actually answering myself, and to an extent you might be correct. I just need some confirmation or not. Should I reroll to axe or stay claws?

And if you are so kind to answer, may I please ask for your reasoning behind it?

Your positive inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    Do you mean full r9 axe, or nv second cast axe? I thought 5 aps was for dd not for aggro control. =x If you mean rank 9 you can get full r9 for pvp/tw but keep your aps gear/dex for accuracy and aps pve.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy is throwing this one over to the BM sub-section.

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Um you should use both. If your worried about not having enough hp dont bother stacking vit Just refine your gears higher. If you stat for just one weapon path you will be heading down a bad path.
    Oh yeah aps is also useful for PvP ( try kill a +12 r9 JoSD character without using aps) They are extremly useful for chi gain in PvP also.
    Your hp isnt that bad btw.
    And its better to have two farming characters than one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin