Error when launching PW

Ariella_ - Lost City
Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
I keep getting this error code when I try to log into PW. I reinstalled PW and everything. Idk what's wrong x.x
Here's the error code, its super weird so I'm not even sure how I would search around for this...

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt319/raindeux/Pwerror.jpg

Any help is apprwciated :3 b:thanks
<3 b:cute
Post edited by Ariella_ - Lost City on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    While beyond suggesting a client verification (which may be of no use if you re-installed anyway but always worth a try) there isn't much the panda can offer in the way of help. For housekeeping reasons however, Fuzzy is bumping this thread over to the tech-support section.

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Yea I already tried that. I verified, didn't work, so I reinstalled, didn't work, so I verified yet again after reinstalling. Won't work. And idk what to do...
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    So no one knows what this error is or how to fix it?...wonderful.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    I've run into that error before. Offhand I think it was an issue with my audio device drivers, but it could just have easily been a video driver issue.
    Personally, I would start by getting the latest video driver direct from your manufacturer and performing a "Clean Install". (Option is found under advanced setup settings.)
    Then give it a good reboot and try again.

If you want to link to a dxdiag, hijackthis, and an output file from Speccy, I'd be happy to take a look at it.
    You might also take a shot at running a scandisk for HD errors, defragging your HD, and adding the client directory as an exception for your antivirus software's active/realtime scan and scheduled scans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    I've run into that error before. Offhand I think it was an issue with my audio device drivers, but it could just have easily been a video driver issue.
    Personally, I would start by getting the latest video driver direct from your manufacturer and performing a "Clean Install". (Option is found under advanced setup settings.)
    Then give it a good reboot and try again.

If you want to link to a dxdiag, hijackthis, and an output file from Speccy, I'd be happy to take a look at it.
    You might also take a shot at running a scandisk for HD errors, defragging your HD, and adding the client directory as an exception for your antivirus software's active/realtime scan and scheduled scans.

Ok I'm a tad bit computer illiterate. But thank you for the reply! Just a few questions, first I'm on a very old laptop so actually the drivers being out of date makes a lot of sense. I only tried to use this laptop when my new one broke, so I could still TW. Moving on... When you say clean install, do you mean the drivers, or perfect world? And a dxdiag? What is that and how do I link it? Same question for hijackthis and speccy lol. I'm defragging it right now.
  • Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sounds like they were referring to a clean install on the video drivers.

By dxdiag they meant the following which is a useful technical assistance tool...
    Launching the DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Windows XP

1. Click on the Start button on your Windows Taskbar
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type 'dxdiag' in the text field
    4. Click OK

If you have Windows Vista and do not see a Run option

1. Right-click on the Menu bar and select Properties
    2. Click on the Start Menu tab
    3. Click on the Customize button
    4. In the upper window, scroll down until you see the Run command and click on the corresponding checkbox
    5. Click OK
    6. Go to Start (Windows button on the Windows Taskbar)
    7. Click Run
    8. Type 'dxdiag' in the text field and click OK
    9. Saving your DxDiag report

You shoud now see a DirectX Diagnostic Tool window appear.

1. At the bottom of the window, click on Save All Information.
    2. You will now be prompted to save your file.
    3. Name your file and save it somewhere on your computer where it is easy for you to access like the desktop.

The saved file should, by default, be a plain text '.txt' file.

To post the results:

1. Copy the entire contents of the dxdiag.txt file (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C)
    2. Paste the text into the forum post.
    3. Highlight the text pasted from the dxdiag.txt file.
    4. Click the Code button in the wysiwyg menu above.
    5. Submit your post.

They said link to though so not sure if they allow posting the results in a ode function here though. (I have not really read the forum rules yet...shhhh)

By Hijack this it is a malware scanning tool you can find by Google searching the name. (I do not use it often, but I could see the value as you never know what people get on their PCs and they never tell you)

Speccy I have not heard of before but I am sure you could Google search that one also. (Ah I just Googled it myself and it says that it is a sys info tool but a dxdiag does that as well)

Maybe it gives some other info that the dxdaig lacks??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chadudes
    chadudes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have the same error with Ariella_ - Lost City we both this thing popping out in our screen every time we click start to launch the client

i tried everything firewall, Pando Media Booster (PMB), and make my client administrator but still it doesn't work, i hope i can play again its been 2weeks already trying to fix this problem
    please please pleeaaaaaaaaaaasseeee help us b:cryb:cryb:cry

THIS IS THE ERROR
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3038787094269&set=a.3038786894264.2114593.1400778768&type=3&theater

this is my computer system http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BeFMwMgvcKub31CN0okyz88
    edited March 2012
    Ok I'm a tad bit computer illiterate. But thank you for the reply! Just a few questions, first I'm on a very old laptop so actually the drivers being out of date makes a lot of sense. I only tried to use this laptop when my new one broke, so I could still TW. Moving on... When you say clean install, do you mean the drivers, or perfect world? And a dxdiag? What is that and how do I link it? Same question for hijackthis and speccy lol. I'm defragging it right now.

By "Clean Install" I am talking about the drivers. What a clean install does, is to completely un-install your previous drivers and completely remove their associated files from your hard drive so that they don't have a chance to corrupt your new driver installation. You used to have to do this manually and it was a real PITA. Now most video card manufacturers include it in the installer.
    You have an old laptop, so the drivers may be proprietary with the laptop manufacturer. (Common with older Dells and Compaq's) but find out what you have, (like Nvidia or ATI), and go to their site first. They have an auto-scan utility that will tell you what the latest is, or will tell you where you need to go if they don't have it.

Thundernikk is right about using the dxdiag in the code tags. Sometimes PWE's stupid web interface can cause issues though because it gets killed by some characters.

HijackThis is mainly used to detect malware, however I use it to get a good look at what you have running on your system in the background. Between that and the DXDiag file I will sometimes find things like outdated or conflicting video or audio codecs that could be causing the problem.

Speccy is an awesome tool for digging up details on hardware and drivers. Especially for those that aren't as computer-savvy. It's easy to use and has an option to post the data dump from the scan on the web. They host the files, and the software gives you a nice and easy link that you can paste into a post so I can look at it.

chadudes, I can't see your image. If it's the same as the OP's then follow what I said above. If it's something different, I would like to see what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chadudes
    chadudes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I Guess this is the problem that's why i cant open my client
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3042863436175&set=a.3038786894264.2114593.1400778768&type=3&theater

i hope this might help fixing my problem SylenThunder - Sanctuary thanks for giving effort to us..

this is my computer system http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BeFMwMgvcKub31CN0okyz88

help me please its been a month already
    edited March 2012
    chadudes wrote: »
    I Guess this is the problem that's why i cant open my client
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3042863436175&set=a.3038786894264.2114593.1400778768&type=3&theater

i hope this might help fixing my problem SylenThunder - Sanctuary thanks for giving effort to us..

I get a content unavailable message when I click your link. Could you push it up to Photobucket or something and just link the image itself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Just here to say I give up. I'm just gonna wait until I fix my laptop. This junk probably couldn't run PW properly anyways, and it was just gonna be a short term fix anyways. Ty for the replies though guys.