Patcher

mswifty
mswifty Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
The patcher gets to version 623 and the it says you need to download DirectX 9.0c so I click update and it does its update, then when I click start it says, "applicatio failed to start as d3dx9_42.dll was not found." Can anyone help please?
Post edited by mswifty on

Comments

• Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You need to update your DirectX version from Microsoft.

You can use the Web installer for any version of DirectX even 11 as distributed with Win7 and it will work...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Yep, on a clean Win7 install I have DX11 already, but had to get the 9.0c files because I didn't have them and was getting the error. The web installer pretty much puts all the dll files for all the versions to ensure complete compatibility.
    Unfortunately, if you're trying on Win8 right now, you're screwed because it won't run the web updater. Incorrect OS error because they don't have Win8 coded into it yet. I haven't tried manually installing the .dll's, but it's on my to-do list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Yep, on a clean Win7 install I have DX11 already, but had to get the 9.0c files because I didn't have them and was getting the error. The web installer pretty much puts all the dll files for all the versions to ensure complete compatibility.
    Unfortunately, if you're trying on Win8 right now, you're screwed because it won't run the web updater. Incorrect OS error because they don't have Win8 coded into it yet. I haven't tried manually installing the .dll's, but it's on my to-do list.

What version of DX comes with Win8?

Possibly something that could be tried with Win8 is the "full redistributable" installer for the DX end user run time.

That may work for the Win8 where the Web installer fails with the OS error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Win8 comes with DX11. I tried using the standard download and the web updater, both gave me "Unsupported Operating System" errors. TBH, I haven't really played with it much more because Win8 is really designed for a touchscreen and testing apps on it with my notebook that doesn't have a touchscreen is mildly frustrating at times. Saving up for a new tablet, but this weekend I may tinker with it some more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]