Why not expand the max lvl to 150 ?

Options
Zalislia - Lost City
Zalislia - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
so yea ive been asking my seft why they dont expand the max lvl to 150?
u c in the auctioner weapons that we wont ever get cus they r lvl 110

and the two instances in Momaganon and Lotrhanis fb `109

they r not accesible why???
Post edited by Zalislia - Lost City on

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The fb instances were used for Nirvana and Warsong. Technically, they're in game and active just not as FBs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Because those instances were repurposed for this version. The game was originally designed to have max lvl 150, but when it was converted to PWI, they capped it at 105.

FB 109 in heaven became Warsong City, and FB 109 in hell became Nirvana.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wow you're fast mr. wizzy D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lol, not fast enough. Snuck in there on me.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Because those instances were repurposed for this version. The game was originally designed to have max lvl 150, but when it was converted to PWI, they capped it at 105.

FB 109 in heaven became Warsong City, and FB 109 in hell became Nirvana.

Is the CN version not capped at 105 as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalislia - Lost City
    Zalislia - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i still dont understand why to **** it to lvl `105

and the exp needed to lvl up is vey high ie heard that to get to lvl 105 u need 5 billions of exp
    that is very unfair and what mobs gives ? 200 of exp and mobs are alot stronger than one
    is so lame plus stupid 5 Billions to lvl 105 not doing frost all year u wont get to that lvl
    killing mobs may takes 10 years to get lvl 105
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'd imagine it would take a huge amount of content to create a whole new area for 50 more lvls, I mean look at how much content we were given for the first 100 lvls.

I wonder though If they did it, I would think it smart to make sure to add at least half of that for the next 50.

I wonder if they could do it..Well actually i guess they could with morai?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    @Zalislia Actually it's 1.75b exp to get from 104 to 105. But still, your reasoning is very worth mentioning.

Why not raise the cap to 150?

With the rate it's going, Getting from 105 to 106 would be around 2.5 billion exp, and 106 to 107 would be around 3.5 billion. If we continue that on a linear scale of an extra 250m on top of the previous required one (This is quite generous, as the difference increase between going from 103 to 104 and 104 to 105 is 411m exp (1.339b vs 1.75b)), then to get from level 149 to 150 would take about 50+ billion exp.

That's undoable in a human timeframe. The game's leveling system is integrated such that that high of exp would be improbable. Plus there are mobs specifically made so that sins can't stealth past them. They're level 150 mobs, or ? level mobs, and if a sin is 120, he/she can just shadow escape right past them.

The only way they'd boost the cap is if they made the leveling system less exponentially curved.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sins could stealth lvl ? mobs, and that would make some problems
    js
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    they would have to re-implement and legalize goon exp b:laugh
    No
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Everyone being 150 would make the game easier than it already is. All bosses would be green. TT and nirvana bosses would take 100% damage.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Everyone being 150 would make the game easier than it already is. All bosses would be green. TT and nirvana bosses would take 100% damage.

The game isn't even hard as it is. It's just a race to kill things as fast as possible so people can go back to AFKing in Arch while showing off their shinies, trolling WC or PKing.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The game isn't even hard as it is. It's just a race to kill things as fast as possible so people can go back to AFKing in Arch while showing off their shinies, trolling WC or PKing.b:shutup

whats wrong with pking? its 100x more fun than pve stuff out there. A guy from a pve server saying this is kind of stupid, but it was a mistake. D=
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    whats wrong with pking? its 100x more fun than pve stuff out there. A guy from a pve server saying this is kind of stupid, but it was a mistake. D=

I didn't say there was anything at all wrong with it. b:surrender

My point was just that the PVE in this game is not hard, nor is it even fun. If it was fun, people wouldn't be so insistent in having it all completed as soon as fishily possible. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If they introduce a lvling mechanism to get to 150, and it is not lvl restricted to let's say 100+, people would skip fcc and start doing the new thing.

What is wrong with doing 100% dmg against vana bosses b:cute.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Because most of the content from 105 to 150 has been released in the form of things like nirvana gear etc.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This bugs me since i discoverd PWI and got level 100. Somehow the Game itself feels incomplete. There are so manny "Dungeons" that simply not exist. There is stuff inside that isnt accessible. Instead of bringing this things to life, pwe just make a new area like morai and set one lame dungeon inside.

I was always wondering what pwi would have become like when the original crew had finished the game. It feels like a half finished game that got rigged with some extra content.
    I hate Room 38
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    150 its just a number
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/247dce6a0d115f43
    DEY SHUD DU EET!

40 def level from hammer is in neck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i still dont understand why to **** it to lvl `105

and the exp needed to lvl up is vey high ie heard that to get to lvl 105 u need 5 billions of exp
    that is very unfair and what mobs gives ? 200 of exp and mobs are alot stronger than one
    is so lame plus stupid 5 Billions to lvl 105 not doing frost all year u wont get to that lvl
    killing mobs may takes 10 years to get lvl 105

QQmuch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Amen.

Pve servers means we don't have lowbies to farm and only the big boys come out to play b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    THe current devs have no idea how to make content, much less how to make good content.

The current world map would be for levels 1-105, and a new 'world map' would be for 105-125, then another for 125 to endgame at 150. However, since the original devs left, the new devs are lazy ****s who don't want to make 2 new world maps (which, ironically, would mean PWI would have about half the world map area of Blizzard's MMO), so we're stuck with a level 105 cap and nothing to really DO other than dilies for PVE after level 99 or so.

I'm hoping that they will implement a 'hard mode' for FCC, like they did for TT3-x, that activates when anyone in squad is above level 95. Hard mode would activate even if the instance had already been opened, say, by several people under level 95. Would make FCC impossible to solo, and should boost the squad cap to 10 like new instances. Should also give way more exp than normal FCC.

But, again, the current devs couldn't develop themselves out of a wet paper bag. So, we most likely will never see this... I mean, look at goons. They have nerfed the EXP they give to 12 exp per goon, even on the ones that normally spawn, which has, for most intents and purposes, made it pointless for almost anyone to run the second half of FCC. Before nerf, Full FCC's were common. Now, you have to beg and plead to get to Holeen. >_> ****ing lame.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Raapy - Raging Tide
    Raapy - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ehauehauehuaheuah
    [SIGPIC]Level 104 Sage Assassin[/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    @Zalislia Actually it's 1.75b exp to get from 104 to 105. But still, your reasoning is very worth mentioning.

Why not raise the cap to 150?

With the rate it's going, Getting from 105 to 106 would be around 2.5 billion exp, and 106 to 107 would be around 3.5 billion. If we continue that on a linear scale of an extra 250m on top of the previous required one (This is quite generous, as the difference increase between going from 103 to 104 and 104 to 105 is 411m exp (1.339b vs 1.75b)), then to get from level 149 to 150 would take about 50+ billion exp.

That's undoable in a human timeframe. The game's leveling system is integrated such that that high of exp would be improbable. Plus there are mobs specifically made so that sins can't stealth past them. They're level 150 mobs, or ? level mobs, and if a sin is 120, he/she can just shadow escape right past them.

The only way they'd boost the cap is if they made the leveling system less exponentially curved.

i remember someone long ago saying the giant increase of exp needed between 100-105 is all the exp tht was needed to get from 100-150 so if they rlly did bump it up to 150 and spread out that exp the way it was supposely suppose to be then wouldnt we allrdy have a **** ton of instant lvl 150'sb:shocked
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    i remember someone long ago saying the giant increase of exp needed between 100-105 is all the exp tht was needed to get from 100-150 so if they rlly did bump it up to 150 and spread out that exp the way it was supposely suppose to be then wouldnt we allrdy have a **** ton of instant lvl 150'sb:shocked

Theoretically yes. However, this entire thread is nothing more than speculation on a "what if" that is never going to happen for this version of the game. So, it's kind of pointless to continue it.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Psys with soulforce of a level 150 would be broken as hell.
    Barbs would probably have more HP than god.
    Wizzies could one-shot anything.

When you raise the cap like that, basically all the classes with a definitive job benefit, as their main strength is getting 10x stronger. The mixed classes that are well-rounded like BM and veno then lag behind, as they're not gaining the same benefit as a class that's specialized in one direction.

Long story short, the devs probably balanced the game for 105. Inb4 "u call dat balanced?!" my point is it'd be hella unbalanced if we could hit 150.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Psys with soulforce of a level 150 would be broken as hell.
    Barbs would probably have more HP than god.
    Wizzies could one-shot anything.

When you raise the cap like that, basically all the classes with a definitive job benefit, as their main strength is getting 10x stronger. The mixed classes that are well-rounded like BM and veno then lag behind, as they're not gaining the same benefit as a class that's specialized in one direction.

Long story short, the devs probably balanced the game for 105. Inb4 "u call dat balanced?!" my point is it'd be hella unbalanced if we could hit 150.

Game is already unbalanced at 100 what you talking bout willis? b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Sanivia - Momaganon
    Sanivia - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The fb instances were used for Nirvana and Warsong. Technically, they're in game and active just not as FBs.

i just know from pw my (idk if that was on pwi equal) : fb 109 demon existed and was running once.
    as i finally reached the lvl i only could went there one time, we dropped nice molder and books, a bit later the fb was closed with the reason that there was no sage fb 109 and it would be unfair for those who cant get their books from that fb.
    later both fbs were turned into warsong and nirvana too, even if most people complained they could have just made the sage 109 available for the players.
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    Tidestrike - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Oh yeah that'd be a great thing to do. Especially with the fishies. b:nosebleed

Dat Soulforce = 14+ second stun with Sage Soul of Stunning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Oh yeah that'd be a great thing to do. Especially with the fishies. b:nosebleed

Dat Soulforce = 14+ second stun with Sage Soul of Stunning?

16 sec stun with sage SOStun, SOSilence will activate like crazy, 5k pdmg from SOV and SOR would absorb/reflect 32k

also, red tide bleed would be 65k over 9sec so ~22k per tick, soulbrun would be 65k... yeah, why not? raise the cap, raise the cap
    you only purge once #yopo