[Commentary Videp]Wizard vs Psych EP.1

Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Wizard
As promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qCeyzMZQ4c&feature=channel

Comments are welcome. 1st commentary video, please say what worked well and what didn't and I'll try my hardest to make the next one better.

Feel free to ask for clarification on my commentary on YouTube or here.b:bye
If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
Post edited by Spell_Caster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    dafuq. i heard you rage in vent many times. y no yelling or any talk whatsoever here.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    part of me died watching that....I swear that's gonna be my only insult....I'll try being constrictive

1)you fall for retaliation/stunning reaaaaaly easily, you know whats fun, ticking retalliation off with crown/ lvl10 pitfall the dot is pretty much negligible, and added affects don't get wasted on you (like every demon CC skill)

2) your genie is pretty generic, and more meele-based, It looks pretty much like my "jack of all trades" genie, where you don't know whats gonna happen but your prepared. If you know you're gonna 1-1 someone you should have a good genie to fight them.

2a) Time fortify better and use elemental shell more/ with fortify, most of your deaths could have been saved by that skill.
    2b) Soul of water...or oxygen bubble (the water immune genie skill) get it, most psys dont spam earth skills b/c of stone barrier, nullify their water dmg for a bit and you wont be dying so quick.
    2c) there's also an anti-silence genie skill

3) stop macroing, and use emberstorm more
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    dafuq. i heard you rage in vent many times. y no yelling or any talk whatsoever here.

I rage like a beach who's behind is on fire! Got a problem with that kind sir? b:angry
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    part of me died watching that....I swear that's gonna be my only insult....I'll try being constrictive

1)you fall for retaliation/stunning reaaaaaly easily, you know whats fun, ticking retalliation off with crown/ lvl10 pitfall the dot is pretty much negligible, and added affects don't get wasted on you (like every demon CC skill)

2) your genie is pretty generic, and more meele-based, It looks pretty much like my "jack of all trades" genie, where you don't know whats gonna happen but your prepared. If you know you're gonna 1-1 someone you should have a good genie to fight them.

2a) Time fortify better and use elemental shell more/ with fortify, most of your deaths could have been saved by that skill.
    2b) Soul of water...or oxygen bubble (the water immune genie skill) get it, most psys dont spam earth skills b/c of stone barrier, nullify their water dmg for a bit and you wont be dying so quick.
    2c) there's also an anti-silence genie skill

3) stop macroing, and use emberstorm more

This is actually good advice. True story, need a new genie. Need new tactic for macro and DOTs.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I stopped watching after 10 seconds of seeing a wizard and psychic fight with crappy camrea control.....

From what I saw....you need more DD b:wince
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    All in all I'm actually impressed at how well you did against Luci. As said before your timing on fortify could be better, but that's just practice. A genie built just for fighting psychics would no doubt help as well. I would just recommend that when Luci get's close to use landside on you, try using emberstorm on him since he's right there anyways and it's pretty much insta cast.

On the upside though you're definitely kiting much more. Good use of blink and you turtled pretty well when your charm was ticked and you were close to dying.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is actually good advice. True story, need a new genie. Need new tactic and no macros.

fixed..... >.>

and dont use dots in pvp unless you're ticking off Soul of retaliation or (in certain cases) a def charm
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ok

i like the fact that you fight the psy at max range. it gives you breathing room since she puts the extended charm tick on you. when your at max range and get sealed from soul of silence, simply walk backwards and she wont be able to get free hits in.

learn that soul of stunning is the 4dot icon while soul of retaliation is the 3dot icon. learn that black voodo they ahve redish orbs around them and white has purplish (i think, its been a while since i faught a psy)

the way i kill psys,

soul of stunning:
    i intentionally stun myself on it, wait til they change voodoo badge>fortify+ele shell through earth vector>undine(usually my charm has ticked by now)>seal>they are in attack voodoo so i pretty much have plenty of options to kill them from here.
    You can also just kite them and wait til they use earth vector, if you time it right you can use fortify to negate the stun from sos and ev.

soul of retaliation:
    I tick soul of retaliation off with pitfall as mentioned. After that you just resume the normal build chi on psy until they change to attack voodoo.

Capitalize on your chances to build chi if you kite out of range you can prolly get a free hit in on a mob or one shot a lowbie character or something for some quick chi. if a psy runs from you and is in white, your better off just killing the few mobs around you til she comes back.

Most of the mistakes that i saw you make seemed like you either weren't watching her buffs or that you dont know which buffs are which. like at the end when you tried to spark bt her while she was in white voodoo. that was jst stupid, no offense but it was. She was also using cloud erupt some which is a green light for you to nuke the *** outta her. cloud erupt really kills a genie so always be ready to drop a sutra when you see someone use it.

Overall, it seemed to be a slightly better video then you usually post and as always i enjoy the music lol. good luck in your pk ventures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    how did u get mdef debuffed near the end of the video? eruption fist? looks a bit too long though :/
    i like the fact that you fight the psy at max range. it gives you breathing room since she puts the extended charm tick on you. when your at max range and get sealed from soul of silence, simply walk backwards and she wont be able to get free hits in.

it also makes more difficult to use landslide that, since luci is demon, has that crit proc (and AQ).
    you only purge once #yopo
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    fyi Nurfed, the psy he fought is a guy, and is playing a guy character b:chuckle I will admit that Luci does seem to enjoy making his character look as feminine as possible though...
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    fyi Nurfed, the psy he fought is a guy, and is playing a guy character b:chuckle I will admit that Luci does seem to enjoy making his character look as feminine as possible though...

b:shutup Bishounen fetish perhaps...b:shutup
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    b:shutupb:shockedb:shockedb:avoidb:avoid
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
This discussion has been closed.