RB fads suck

tweakz
tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Remember the one where you could skip the mobs? My guess is 9 out of 10 would fail because it was too dependent on 1 toon. -Waste of time, less fun.

Now is the Spawn Point fad because it's "Faster". -It's not faster when it takes twice as long to form a squad because of the division. There are many of us who hate spawn point RB. As a Wiz I see other people w/o blessings (even too fail to even bother equipping the one that is issued in RB), and who just stand there taking advantage of my DD at the cost of my MP. How many Assassins do we see Erupt or Power Dash->*chi skill*->Subsea->Earthen Rift when there is no MP aura for example?

You also stand more chance of losing drops (including the coins / shards from the 1 hit wonder).

Those of us that prefer traditional don't lose time. We pour more coffee, take a ****, do something on alt-box, etc.

Unless you have a good group that does SP regularly; it's not twtg.
Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
Post edited by tweakz on

Comments

• ///\ist - Archosaur7
    ///\ist - Archosaur7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I get into them no problem and I love spawn point deltas. Any sin who isn't plat MP charmed fails, js. I have demon Subsea and rift and chill of the deep. If you can't get into them or you aren't good at them I think that's your own fault? They work fine on Arch server. In fact, a full delta only takes 2 hours. where a non-spawn delta takes almost 4. I rest my case.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It is bad luck to deny tweakz's coffee time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've had several tries at a full delta, most of which started out spawn point and then failed there, falling back to normal where it failed again, partly because of lack of auras, not having done the running quests, chests and mobs, and missing out on bonus beans.

The one success was when I only needed wave 4.b:surrender

I think part of the spawn point fad is that most only do the easy waves (2 and 3) for BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    variation is fun. doing the same thing over and over again is boring...

i'd rather do something new, especially since it will save time if successful, and might provide a bit of challenge (and risk failure) instead of sitting it tons of auras one-shotting mobs in gear way bettter than required.

so um what's ur point? that everyone should do delta ur way so you will find the squad of your choice faster (and avoid MP costs)? now what was the word... oh yeah, egocentric.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Spawn point IS faster. But requires people to be decent to well geared, and on their game.

Aura point is more relaxed (unless youre pulling), and tends to be easier in terms of handing rounds due to the obvious auras. I only think round 3 waves 3 & 4 are easier at spawn point.

I think a lot of people have gotten lucky to do some Spawn Points with some OP people, and don't realize who is carrying the squad - and end up demanding spawn point without true consideration.

But really if you're just doing BH to 2/3, or Culti to 4/5, you're not saving much time...10 mins tops with the quirky wave delays.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • tweakz
    edited March 2012
    I get into them no problem and I love spawn point deltas. Any sin who isn't plat MP charmed fails, js. I have demon Subsea and rift and chill of the deep. If you can't get into them or you aren't good at them I think that's your own fault? They work fine on Arch server. In fact, a full delta only takes 2 hours. where a non-spawn delta takes almost 4. I rest my case.

I fail to see the point of this post unless it was just to brag?
    sleepcat wrote:
    It is bad luck to deny tweakz's coffee time.
    b:victoryb:thanks
    variation is fun. doing the same thing over and over again is boring...

Running to spawn point is boring, Doing same thing at spawn point that you do traditionally isn't much variation. An occasional spawn point run wouldn't bother me, but the fad way it's being done does.
    i'd rather do something new, especially since it will save time if successful, and might provide a bit of challenge (and risk failure) instead of sitting it tons of auras one-shotting mobs in gear way bettter than required.

You say it saves time, and then you write "if". -lol. It saves time or it doesn't. Fails waste time, squads taking a tad longer to form wastes time. It definitely doesn't save resources.
    so um what's ur point? that everyone should do delta ur way so you will find the squad of your choice faster (and avoid MP costs)? now what was the word... oh yeah, egocentric.

troll
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Spawn point IS faster. But requires people to be decent to well geared, and ON THEIR GAME.
    emphasized on the last...this is where 90% of failures start on delta either on spawnpoint or normal. You can have the best geared players on the ''safest'' delta mode ( aura) but when nobody exactly knows what they are supposed to do mobs will still eat up harpy before you can even say ''wtf''

Spawnpoint is punishing yes, but when spawnpoint is botched you still can revert back to normal delta and start again. If you botched normal...b:surrender
  • tweakz
    edited March 2012
    One fad that's dying is the 2/3 fad. Leaving in the middle of a run to pick up another BH might take the cake for stupid RB fads.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    then don't run that bh...simple.

still GM's don't get it though why they still run lunar bh's as well /offtopic
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Spawnpoint is punishing yes, but when spawnpoint is botched you still can revert back to normal delta and start again. If you botched normal...b:surrender
    Quoted for TRUTH. I've had squads go down at SP, and we just town and go to normal for the remainder of the bosses we need.
    tweakz wrote: »
    How many Assassins do we see Erupt or Power Dash->*chi skill*->Subsea->Earthen Rift when there is no MP aura for example?

You have clearly never squadded with me (and hopefully never will)....Delta eats at my MP charm b:chuckle sage AOEs FTW.

Now, back on the topic...

Stop QQing about how people choose to run an instance. There are multiple ways to do it, and your way is NOT the only "right" way. If you don't want to do it the way others want to, and can't find one doing what YOU want, why don't you just stop WHINING and MAKE a squad to do it the way you like. Unless you just need something to whine about on the Internets. b:bye

TL:DR version--SP RB is an option that many people choose. If you don't like it, **** and GTFO.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • AntiProduct - Harshlands
    AntiProduct - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Stop QQing about how people choose to run an instance. There are multiple ways to do it, and your way is NOT the only "right" way. If you don't want to do it the way others want to, and can't find one doing what YOU want, why don't you just stop WHINING and MAKE a squad to do it the way you like. Unless you just need something to whine about on the Internets. b:bye

TL:DR version--SP RB is an option that many people choose. If you don't like it, **** and GTFO.

That's so true@Also i'm BORED of hearing that SP GV (or SP RB) is an exploit/glitch...
    FFS!The squad takes the risk to lack auras and rely only at their powers,where the heck is the exploit?!.. -.-''