Acquiring new gear

m3ment0mori
m3ment0mori Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm a level 28 Psychic, and my gear from the Elder's Blessing quests are about to run out, as is the Soulsphere I got from my Supply Stash.

Where do I get gear suitable for my level? I've been trying Tailor, but the materials are hard to come by and what I can make so far (Rank 2 Tailor) isn't quiet worth the effort.

Sorry if this topic has been posted before; I did a search of Beginner's Guide and didn't find anything that helped.
Post edited by m3ment0mori on

Comments

• Rozen - Raging Tide
    Rozen - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You should be able to buy gear from the tailor, not just make it. You can also buy weapons from the blacksmith, and get gear as drops off of monsters occasionally. You can also try looking through the catshops in Archsaur. At lvl 30 your should be able to reach Rank 1 and acquire some really nice gear.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You can craft armour from the tailor, ornaments (rings, belts and necklaces) at the craftsman and weapons at the blacksmith. You can also purchase gear from these npcs but if you decide to make your own gear (which is a good way of increasing your crafting skills as you progress) it also comes with added effects, if these added effects are quite good then you would be able to sell the piece of gear to another player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    you can also check the auction house for gear
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    you can also check the auction house for gear

Auction house gear can be expensive to buy especially at lower levels.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I personally had very good luck with gear in AH, I just plan things ahead (e.g. I wanna make a Psychic - I'll check AH from day one and every day for equips lv1.>60 even if I haven't even started it yet lol).
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You should be able to buy gear from the tailor, not just make it. You can also buy weapons from the blacksmith,
    b:spit Please, PLEASE don't do this, as it is the worst gear in the game, and overpriced to boot. b:spit

For armor, your best bet is the AH. Check it often, as it requires some time (and patience) to get good deals. I have also gotten lucky with mob drops in the past, but that's unreliable.

As for weapons, those can also be aquired through the AH, or, for tideborns (Psychic+Assassin) you can do the [Weapon Token I](available lvl 19) and [Weapon Token II](lvl 29) quests, which give a good chance to get a nice weapon mold. These require only farmable mats (coal, wood, stone, and iron variants), and if you lack the Bsmith level to craft the weapon, one can usually find someone who does to do it free. (i know that i never charge people, provided they have all the mats needed)
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    At lower levels it's really not worth it to buy much from the auction house, but you're approaching 30 and at that point I'd say go ahead and get some nicer items for yourself. Don't buy from the npcs. Their gear is overpriced for what it's worth. I usually either craft my own at lower lvls or just put on what I can find (especially for a caster, you don't need to get hit to fight).

The thing is, if you're comparing what you can find to the gear you got from the elder's reward quests, you're not going to be happy. This 'quest' was added later in the game from when pwi was first made and the armor surpasses anything else by a lot, so better just not to compare and wear what you can come across that's the best for your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide