Warsong

Blaxton - Raging Tide
Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Barbarian
I almost never join random squads for (anything) BH Warsong partially because I don't really know what's expected of me there...

I've seen people lure the Broadblade Runner mobs that seal a lot, and then the barb aggros the group, kill, repeat. I've also seen barbs pull all the mobs along the first path, and then pull other groups too. The second way sounds much more fun... I have tried it twice now. First time everyone but the Cleric and I died, ups. Second time went much better, but I wasn't able to pull the rest of the mobs at once...

So what do other barbs do in Warsong? Like what skills (native/genie/apoth), when, and in what order? Also do you talk to the squad beforehand and decide which way people prefer or do you just go 'Hey I'm pulling everything b:mischievous'?

Thanks. :) Tips for Cannon's path would be nice too.
Post edited by Blaxton - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I usually pull the first group of mobs and watch how the squad deals with them, if they do a good job then i do the rest in a couple of pulls, if they dont do a good job then i play it safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I usually do just group by group. Usually everyone in squad can handle 2~3 dinos aoe. I don't pull more because off the continuous seals it's hard to keep aggro on everything, and in random squads the bm/archer/wizzie/psy that grabs aggro on more then 1 group will die.

Usually I just invoke > bestial rage while run in group > alpha male and run back > make sure to run past the cleric bb'ing so nobody gets out of range for DD'ing > get back to mobs and try to cast roar between seals > frighten. Depending on the squads damage output I will toss in sunder, keep the thoughest mobs on me (sac assault/increased att/etc) or just go to get the next group. I usually get the 3 groups to start, then cleric moves bb to the first pavillion thingy, I get the next groups then move to boss.

Sometimes ranged mag classes pull groups with an aoe. If they want, I'll let them ofc. If you don't have alpha male, it's easier for you if they do the pull and you just catch (the seals makes it a pain to aggro with roar). The easiest is to have a psy in squad though, because you can simply run back and fort to get mobs. Just keep in mind SoV is an mp drain unless it's sage xD

Fire is actually harder because it requires some more "skills" then just spam aoe in bb. A lot depends on the squad for me. Usually I just go group by group, trying to hold aggro and debuffing the mobs attack (frighten + sage roar). If the DD know what to do it's easy, if not you better have a cleric with good hp and defences b:laugh I always assume (as I do so myself on sin) that the squad tries to stun and take out the skull-pyrodudes as soon as possible. If you're not sure, the safest way is to pull a few of the skull-pyrodudes so you never have more then 1 of those per group.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Funny that, second post on Warsong today.

Mostly, communicate with the group so they are ready for a particular type of pull. Past that it kinda comes down to group makeup and mob placement for metal:

-Venos can abuse Nova with the pulls.
    -Strong BMs and Barbs can burst AOE and take mega aggro of it all, and they can just stand there frozen while stuff beats on them and the rest of the party kills it.
    -BMs Can HF, and then AoErs (casters mostly) can kill the whole pull in about 4 seconds.

Broadblades and etc can be avoided with pots and skills, depending on the group it doesn't always last long enough.

Ive pulled group by group, half and half, and the whole thing. Barb or BM. Kinda the same stuff each time. TBH my preference is Veno pulling while we mow down each group - safe and decently efficient.

Fire: Group by group or a few groups at a time - AOE heal by the cleric. Same thing with the AOE bursts keeping aggro and the AOErs (casters, archers) killing them asap. If you have a sin, they should be working on the Pyro clones. Typically the BM charges and stuns/aggros.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    TBH this post was first before i put mine up , it reminded me that i meant to post it

As a barb after the pavillions just pull the girls out to the DD's (usually a Sin/BM/Seeker)

in the squad the cleric heals. then i run up and roar at the Dinos.

Repeat till you reach snake, we pull him off his little area to the "hall way"

and after I take Arago Cleric BB's and we kill it

wam bam done.

The only reason we pull him off of his little area is to setup the way we want to
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I hate when squads single pull mobs b:shocked What always happens is they pull and as they run away the get a bb heal and aggro all the mobs who target the cleric, drop the bb, wipe the squad. It's much safer to aggro and pull the entire group in one move.

Have alpha male (or even bramble rage) on your genie. Invoke, run into the center and try to roar first or you can even stand there for a few seconds and tank their attacks while sealed until you can get a roar off. If you can't, alpha male, run back past (note: PAST! So many barbs run to bb and all the mobs stop outside of bb and start range attacking. Now the DD's have to go outside of bb to get to them.) If you didn't roar and only AMd the first time, roar now. Otherwise start your zhenning aoes.

Kill the dinos first, then any sac strikes. Every mob there can seal you, but the Dino's have a magic aoe that really stings. This is why arcanes/archers make such decent pullers. The can stand in bb, range aoe, and then the mobs stay at range and only use magic attacks.

Go group by group, or check squad hp to see if they can handle multiple groups.

When you get to the boss, it's normally best to FR once, then only devour after that. The bosses attacks hit harder over time, and at the end he even goes into frenzy, so the quicker you kill him the better. FRing won't do your sin or bm any favors if they manage to pull aggro and the boss is now hitting so hard he 1-2 shots them, better to just aim to kill fast.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i use to pull half way of groups, but when my sqd has a bm and a r9 seeker or archer i pull the entire road, i start with bestial rage > invoke > (with luck the bm will stun)demon sunder > ToP+arma > random aoes (slam, surf, swell, etc..)

try to sinchronize the arma with hf, ask for the archer to use BoA or seeker use vortex, if you don't have bm the venos can use nova to give you time and get the aggro, if invoke goes off before you kill em all, get solid shield/AD

hope it helps.
    Bloodb:cute
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I normally run Warsong with the same 2-3 people every time, so they know how I pull it. If any randoms are present in squad I tell them they may or may not die in my pulls. b:chuckle

I normally have decent DDs with the HP to handle all the mobs and debuffs so I pull a few groups at a time. What's the point of having 25k hp if you're only gonna pull 4 mobs at a time?
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It optional to pull the runners one by one. It will usually slow down the progress. It's better pull every mob in one single pull.

Method (1): Dive in and pull
    Conventional way is to invoke and run through the mobs: use alpha male and run back to BB.

Method (2): Someone else will pull
    A long large user will throw an AOE on the mobs and run back into BB. Barb's job is to 'catch' the mobs with roar or alpha male. Since you will be already in BB, no need to invoke: use the extra 2 sparks to throw an arma.

Method (3): Pull the mobs yourself, using a long range attack
    Either use Bramble rage on the mobs (25m range genie skill) or use Berserker Rage (lvl80 morai skill - 35m range). Catch the mobs yourself.

For random squad, better ask them wherever they want you to pull or not... and usually, better pull one group at a time. Once you get good friends and a good plan, you can pull more than a group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I usually duo it with my wife, so I pull them one by one. It takes a bit longer but at least it's safe b:chuckle
  • Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear
    Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I almost never join random squads for (anything) BH Warsong partially because I don't really know what's expected of me there...

I've seen people lure the Broadblade Runner mobs that seal a lot, and then the barb aggros the group, kill, repeat. I've also seen barbs pull all the mobs along the first path, and then pull other groups too. The second way sounds much more fun... I have tried it twice now. First time everyone but the Cleric and I died, ups. Second time went much better, but I wasn't able to pull the rest of the mobs at once...

So what do other barbs do in Warsong? Like what skills (native/genie/apoth), when, and in what order? Also do you talk to the squad beforehand and decide which way people prefer or do you just go 'Hey I'm pulling everything b:mischievous'?

Thanks. :) Tips for Cannon's path would be nice too.

Stay out of the seekers wayb:laugh
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i use to pull half way of groups, but when my sqd has a bm and a r9 seeker or archer i pull the entire road, i start with bestial rage > invoke > (with luck the bm will stun)demon sunder > ToP+arma > random aoes (slam, surf, swell, etc..)

try to sinchronize the arma with hf, ask for the archer to use BoA or seeker use vortex, if you don't have bm the venos can use nova to give you time and get the aggro, if invoke goes off before you kill em all, get solid shield/AD

hope it helps.
    Bloodb:cute

Ughh, please don't slam. I'd rather a barb sit there with their thumb up their butt not doing anything than use Slam. That is one of my issue with sage barbs is their lack of powerful aoes and damage in tiger form so they use human form to attack and often use slam, knocking things out of zhen range. Was running doing delta the other day on my BM and had my friend tanking, and WC "1 spot for any class" and took the first pm, a sage barb. He had a knack for Slaming either right before I HF'd or right after so either the mobs wouldn't get cursed at all, or they would be cursed and so spread out we couldn't dd effictively with aoes. Because the barb wanted to land one weak attack, the other 4 more powerful dd's had problems landing theirs.

Slam is a defensive attack when mobs are killing you and you need a reprieve you so knock them back. In a zhenning situation, do not use it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    what I usually do in warsong as a barb is take a group by group at a time. I would cast invoke the spirit, run in use a movement debufff pot, violent triumph or AD then roar as fast as possible to aggro the group then bring to BB for my DD's to aoe. Takes about 40 secs or less to eliminate a group. This is what I do for the mob part. For the boss part I ream and alacrity and sometimes devour, when I see HF I arma and ToP or let BB heal your wounds from arma. If you lose aggro and the DD takes too much damage, play a little aggro ping pong. The metal boss aoes anyway. That was the metal part, for the fire part, almost the same thing but less debuffs, do the same thing you did for the metal mobs. On to the fire boss, after the mobs have been defeated I would run to the boss ream him and drag him back to the BB spot. He'll cast an aoe that drains mana but he's pretty simple really, again if your DD takes aggro and takes too much damage, play some aggro ping pong.