Patcher

ynwa77
ynwa77 Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
I cant access the PWI patcher on my desktop. Says:

Windows cannot access the specifif devise, path or fille, You may not have theappropritae permissions to access the item.

Ive never had this problem before can some help me please. b:surrender
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• she420
    she420 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ynwa77 wrote: »
    i Cant Access The Pwi Patcher On My Desktop. Says:

Windows Cannot Access The Specifif Devise, Path Or Fille, You May Not Have Theappropritae Permissions To Access The Item.

Ive Never Had This Problem Before Can Some Help Me Please. B:surrender

Me Tooo!!
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ive done searches on the forum and im sure that ive not found a solution to this problem, im not a computer wizz, so im hopeing someone can help.
    edited March 2012
    Seems no one wants to help so ill down load the game again. If it doesnt work i'll quit playing ty
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Same problem with me. After few tries the patcher got deleted. Last time that happened i asked a friend to send me his patcher.exe and moved it C:/programs(x86)/pwe/pwi/patcher
    After that it wokerd fine, so I'm gonna try that again, hope it works for you too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    @ AlphaOmegaX

So unpatient x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited March 2012
    Well after much head banging and slow download speed im up and running again. Thankyou Nariin for ur advise and taking the time to help me.

Somehow all my PWI files were corrupted after the last patch, dunno how but there u go. No signs of a **** or virus etc, just another computer tell me it doesnt like me lmao.

Hurrah for technology XD
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Well after much head banging and slow download speed im up and running again. Thankyou Nariin for ur advise and taking the time to help me.

Somehow all my PWI files were corrupted after the last patch, dunno how but there u go. No signs of a **** or virus etc, just another computer tell me it doesnt like me lmao.

Hurrah for technology XD

np :)
    I saved a copy of patcher.exe, just in case for the next time that happens
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]