G15 Morai gear reform

CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
CuteVenoXD - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Hey people,

I was wondering if the Gear Reform in morai from the grade 15 stuff changes the amount of sockets or not, does anyone know anything about this? pliz help me ty b:thanks
Post edited by CuteVenoXD - Archosaur on

Comments

• _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey people,

I was wondering if the Gear Reform in morai from the grade 15 stuff changes the amount of sockets or not, does anyone know anything about this? pliz help me ty b:thanks

I think it does:
    Craft Rate with 3 socket(s): 90%
    Craft Rate with 4 socket(s): 10%
    /(http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33505)
    but thats not to bad b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Hmm in pwi it says warning: reform will remove gems and refinements and reroll attributes.

they dont mention sockets once so... is that evidence the sockets are kept? b:shocked

edit: also nirv reforming says the same thing with the %'s but on reFORGE on nirv the sockets are kept
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The NPC just says it removes refinements and gems. Sounds like sockets are kept.
    http://imgur.com/a/Fo2yO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Wow thanks alot asterelle, even got pictures b:victory

I love the awesome support you bring to the forums b:bye
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    We've noticed that this NPC's hello text is not very clear on the function of the reform.

Internal testing has shown that reforming gear might change the number of sockets. The NPC currently does not warn players of this. We'll update the NPC to clarify this point. Sorry for any confusion, ladies and gents. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    b:bye bye bye 4 sockets b:cry

why don't you guys put on a armor reSHAPE that would be just great :S
    only the weapon can be reshaped, change it too? for me? QQ
    edited March 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    We've noticed that this NPC's hello text is not very clear on the function of the reform.

Internal testing has shown that reforming gear might change the number of sockets. The NPC currently does not warn players of this. We'll update the NPC to clarify this point. Sorry for any confusion, ladies and gents. b:laugh

Can you explain how Morai reshaping and reforming relate to r8 recast reshaping and honing? It's kinda annoying how all the manufacturing in the game uses the same or similar sounding terminology for different things.

So far we have

Nirvana - Forge, Quench, Reforge
    R8 Recast- Reforge, Reshape, Hone
    Morai - Reshape, Reform
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the NPC that requires 45 items to reforge will reset everything, including sockets.

the NPC that requires 60 items to reforge will just refresh the attributes on weapon while keeping its refine, socket , and gems.

so if u didnt get max sockets, better reforge from the 45items npc first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Does that mean neither is akin to "Honing" where the stat types are the same but just the numbers are changed?

I think that's what she meant the 60 does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited March 2012
    the NPC that requires 45 items to reforge will reset everything, including sockets.

the NPC that requires 60 items to reforge will just refresh the attributes on weapon while keeping its refine, socket , and gems.

Does that mean neither is akin to "Honing" where the stat types are the same but just the numbers are changed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    edited March 2012

Yeah i think we've got that one... the problem is you can't use the 60 for armor... so armor is just always socket reset? :(
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm assuming the armor reset will change the random stat values (vitality+6-10 could keep rerolling until you get the 10).

The weapon one should give you new random adds.
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Your losin the trail xD

GM said on armor remakeforgewhatevertheyallgot you lose your sockets, so it aint just rerolling the 6~10, it also reset the 90% 3 and 10% 4 socket chance, and sockets are worth more then a few vit points...