More environment interaction

mkl0011
mkl0011 Posts: 56 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Suggestion Box
LOL I bet the first comment might be "OH ,WELL WHY DON'T YOU MAKE THE GAME THEN?"

Now I know this is a free game but i was expected more environment interaction. I mean look at the world. It's like everything it make out of the same indestructible material and was painted. I kinda wanted to be able to knock down trees, make holes in walls or be able to ride down a river. Maybe even down in an upside down cave that's in a mountain,... that sounded cool to me. I mean, we don't even make a splash in the water when we dive in or when we walk through a waterfall.And i would at least want to be able to "walk inside" houses and towers etc,and actually walk into a instance instead of being transported through a blue portal.(although you walk inside,you still need it to load so only you and your squad may enter)Make npc's walk in a certain radius but not far and actually make duke black walk around instead of teleporting<-that's just lazy game making right there. Other ideas were like quick sand where you fall in and and have to repeatedly jump out to escape or you get sent to the nearest town.maybe random portals that transport to one of the main kingdoms(the cities you started at,every race has a different one).Maybe make some rocks that you can roll down a hill to kill monsters.

It would be cool to also have an interactive instance,kinda like the games in legend of zelda.I know this is NOT legend of Zelda but it still would be fun. Of coarse some people just like playing games straight forward,just wake up train, kill,and quest til you level up, buy new gear and you're done for the day.I just want to make this a more interesting game cause i've already seen many comments in general discussion of how boring this game will get after a while. And no just cause it's boring doesn't mean people want to stop, it means they want improvement.

Just make the world more lively,interactive,something that makes it "actually seem real" so everything doesn't seems like it was carved out of steel and painted. You did good with the small animals and birds and bugs flying in the air but it's gonna need more than that
Post edited by mkl0011 on

Comments

• AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    that what you discribe is totally random and not even close to what PWI is. Although I do agree with the part that buildings for example need to be accessable. This will however not happen since they already said they would not retry in this, but you misses that forum post i guess. But yes, there need to be more 'active' things withing the world instead of less.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    mkl0011 wrote: »
    LOL I bet the first comment might be "OH ,WELL WHY DON'T YOU MAKE THE GAME THEN?"

Now I know this is a free game but i was expected more environment interaction. I mean look at the world. It's like everything it make out of the same indestructible material and was painted. I kinda wanted to be able to knock down trees, make holes in walls or be able to ride down a river. Maybe even down in an upside down cave that's in a mountain,... that sounded cool to me. I mean, we don't even make a splash in the water when we dive in or when we walk through a waterfall.And i would at least want to be able to "walk inside" houses and towers etc,and actually walk into a instance instead of being transported through a blue portal.(although you walk inside,you still need it to load so only you and your squad may enter)Make npc's walk in a certain radius but not far and actually make duke black walk around instead of teleporting<-that's just lazy game making right there. Other ideas were like quick sand where you fall in and and have to repeatedly jump out to escape or you get sent to the nearest town.maybe random portals that transport to one of the main kingdoms(the cities you started at,every race has a different one).Maybe make some rocks that you can roll down a hill to kill monsters.

It would be cool to also have an interactive instance,kinda like the games in legend of zelda.I know this is NOT legend of Zelda but it still would be fun. Of coarse some people just like playing games straight forward,just wake up train, kill,and quest til you level up, buy new gear and you're done for the day.I just want to make this a more interesting game cause i've already seen many comments in general discussion of how boring this game will get after a while. And no just cause it's boring doesn't mean people want to stop, it means they want improvement.

Just make the world more lively,interactive,something that makes it "actually seem real" so everything doesn't seems like it was carved out of steel and painted. You did good with the small animals and birds and bugs flying in the air but it's gonna need more than that

I agree even though this idea is so wildly radical. When I started playing pwi was a little upset u couldn't walk into buildings. Would be nice if they could put some stuff in them and make them interactive in some way
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i just hope the camera will be kept in mind, else you end up running around in 1st person the whole time within buildings b:shocked
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey, i like the idea of a splash when jumping into water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey, i like the idea of a splash when jumping into water.

+1 b:victory
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • xdpp
    xdpp Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:laugh that would be fun
    I didn't even think of such possibilities
    SERIOUSLY that would be really coolb:cool
  • Denesa - Dreamweaver
    Denesa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i love the ideas + they could make more hiding spots :DD i remember 1-2 years ago i was playing with my friends hide n seek but it took 1 min till someone found me cuz there was no place to hide :// and better swimming for the human chars :)<3foxie when swimming :D