Charm Glitch-scam?

charles
charles Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Today i bought a plat hp charm from a catshop.
I click to wear it and what i see is that the charm is empty with 13 k left on it
Yes i got scammed who cares.
At least some notice to check the number before you buy a charm since the got a way to remove it and put it empty on shops.
And since pw will never fix it just do a double check.
ffs
Post edited by charles on

Comments

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I haven't seen a single charm that had low HP ina cat shop. I really hope that was just a bug that happened and not something lil **** scammers can do -_-
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I wasn't aware that was possible, since you can't take a charm off once it's put on as much as I would like to be able to between TW. You can override it I know...that's annoying.
  • AswhalesWife - Sanctuary
    AswhalesWife - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    SS go farther than accusations against never fixing.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    SS go farther than accusations against never fixing.

I second this. "Pics or it didn't happen" is the saying, yes?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is possible but it is incredibly stupid to scam people with it considering how easy it is to track down who did it. Write a ticket saying when you bought it and get them banned ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • charles
    edited March 2012
    This is possible but it is incredibly stupid to scam people with it considering how easy it is to track down who did it. Write a ticket saying when you bought it and get them banned ASAP.

Did that and already found how it can be done also.
    About the "screens or it didnt happen" you screen all your catshop "transactions"?
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't know if this is exactly a scam in the traditional sense. Yes, you thought you were buying one thing and you did not get what you expected. I in no way approve of something this low, but I don't know if it would really be bannable. As the customer, it's kind of our job to double check what we're buying to make sure we get what we're paying for. It's sucky, but it's not like they linked a full HP charm in WC then traded you an empty one or something like that. And there's no rule saying people can't charge idiotic amounts for useless merchandise.

You should always be hyper-vigilant when buying, no matter where it is you're buying. Check that it's the right item, check that it's the right price, check that it's the right colour. Be wary of anyone trying to rush you in a transaction and of people who list multiple stacks of the same items in catshops.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    OP is the main reason why I never buy **** past midnight and always triple check wtf i'm buying :>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charles
    edited March 2012
    I don't know if this is exactly a scam in the traditional sense. Yes, you thought you were buying one thing and you did not get what you expected. I in no way approve of something this low, but I don't know if it would really be bannable. As the customer, it's kind of our job to double check what we're buying to make sure we get what we're paying for. It's sucky, but it's not like they linked a full HP charm in WC then traded you an empty one or something like that. And there's no rule saying people can't charge idiotic amounts for useless merchandise.

You should always be hyper-vigilant when buying, no matter where it is you're buying. Check that it's the right item, check that it's the right price, check that it's the right colour. Be wary of anyone trying to rush you in a transaction and of people who list multiple stacks of the same items in catshops.

Ofc i always check what i am buying.i wouldnt buy a lunar mat for primeval stone

Point is charms are not meant to get unequiped whitch means it's always supposed to be new (full) charms on catshops
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    charles wrote: »
    Ofc i always check what i am buying.i wouldnt buy a lunar mat for primeval stone

Point is charms are not meant to get unequiped whitch means it's always supposed to be new (full) charms on catshops

this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2012

missing the point. the person is abusing a glitch that allows them to remove a bound item and trade it. seelling an item made available through a glitch is easily against the TOS.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The only way i can think of this to even possibly work would be someone dropping their charm when pked, and then someone else picking it up, putting in catshop and then selling it.

I equipped a plat hp charm on my catshop by mistake, would love to be able to remove it to use, or even sell.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    actually this isnt even a glitch you have to download a certain program and it will allow you to remove a charm. (I personally have never done it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012

Umm. I wasn't even aware they're supposed to be bound. I've always been able to unequip a charm by equipping another charm of the same type. Example: I have a platinum HP charm with a low amount left. I'm about to go into Nirvana and don't want it to run out at an inopportune moment, so I take my new charm and equip it. Tahdah. New charm. The old one can be set aside for another time when I can let it tick until it's gone.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012

It's absolutely bannable, its a clear misrepresentation of an item because anyone linking a charm would be claiming to sell a full one. Since those are the only ones you CAN sell, without glitching the game. Which is also bannable. This isn't really a case of buyer beware, because there isn't a way in the current game mechanics to remove a charm. Any charms sold to you then, should be full. By the way, if you screenshot a catshop selling something while claiming it's something else (eg the best luck scam) that person can be banned as well. It's not the same thing as charging a high price for something. That's not a scam, thats a dumb move, but you can charge what you want for your things.

edit:

Umm. I wasn't even aware they're supposed to be bound. I've always been able to unequip a charm by equipping another charm of the same type. Example: I have a platinum HP charm with a low amount left. I'm about to go into Nirvana and don't want it to run out at an inopportune moment, so I take my new charm and equip it. Tahdah. New charm. The old one can be set aside for another time when I can let it tick until it's gone.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you've been incredibly lucky and something is wrong with your game files. The old one is destroyed, not set aside for later, when you equip a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2012

I was under the impression that the old charm was simply destroyed when you equipped a new one. Assuming I'm wrong; equipping a charm causes it to become bound, even if you can unequip it, you shouldn't be able to sell it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is exploiting a glitch and is a perma-ban offense.

Normally if you equip a charm over an existing one, the existing one is destroyed when you equip a new one.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I was under the impression that the old charm was simply destroyed when you equipped a new one. Assuming I'm wrong; equipping a charm causes it to become bound, even if you can unequip it, you shouldn't be able to sell it.

The charm itself doesn't get bound upon being equipped like TT items. The attribute of being bound is held by the gear slot for the charm. I don't think they drop in PK though.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I'm a veno, so I don't use charms all that often. I was simply posing an example. But I know a while back I did unequip a charm by equipping another one and then had to burn through the low one at a better time.(Mind you, this was back at whatever level it was that I got the Tideborn quest to kill that annoying fish guy.)

So, perhaps it was just a glitch within my own game. Like I said, not much of a charm user. I just knew that I had done it back then and assumed that that's how it was meant to be. b:shocked
  • AssVioIator - Harshlands
    AssVioIator - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    already found how it can be done also.

Share? b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mod should delete this thread b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm a veno, so I don't use charms all that often.

What does being a veno have to do with charm usage? My main is a veno, and I am always charmed. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    What does being a veno have to do with charm usage? My main is a veno, and I am always charmed. b:shutup

We have a pet to take damage for us and both health and mana insta-fill skills. I've never really needed a charm. Maybe the way that you play they're beneficial to you, but the majority of venos I know personally don't bother with charms.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    We have a pet to take damage for us and both health and mana insta-fill skills. I've never really needed a charm. Maybe the way that you play they're beneficial to you, but the majority of venos I know personally don't bother with charms.
    Eh, I wear a charm on every character I have, mostly to help save my rear in those "OH &*#$" moments. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baluh
    baluh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mod should delete this thread b:sweat

It doesn't want us to remove charms between TWs b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is why we can't have nice things.

People ask why charms cannot be unequipped, this is the reason.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Ink hun, my veno's always charmed. >_> (Hp though...the hell with Mp charms on a veno LOL) You never know when real **** goes bad in instances...soul transfusion doesn't always save the day...b:byeb:chuckle
    Eh, I wear a charm on every character I have, mostly to help save my rear in those "OH &*#$" moments. b:chuckle

+1 I do too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This isn't the first time this has popped up on the forums. It is exploiting glitch and this thread should be closed. OP, send a ticket...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012

you are high.
    it overwrites your first charm with the new charm you are equipping.
    you are either trolling or trolling.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Ink hun, my veno's always charmed. >_> (Hp though...the hell with Mp charms on a veno LOL) You never know when real **** goes bad in instances...soul transfusion doesn't always save the day...b:byeb:chuckle

Like I said, if it works for you guys then awesome. I very rarely die. Mostly because I have a very healthy instinct to gtfo of the way when bad stuff goes down. XDD

Just today I got to watch everyone else in the squad die in Warsong. I was just fast enough to hop over the side immediately after the last person(Who wasn't me.) died. b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.