Original Hair Styles on New Races?- Mod or GM input appreciated.

Kisbit - Heavens Tear
Kisbit - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
*By "original", I mean the first 3 races: elves, untamed, human.

It was stated in an earlier thread that it was illegal and bannable to give original* races hair & eye textures meant for TB and E.Guard, because those were "race-specific" traits. (Example: someone giving a veno an earth guard eye texture is illegal).

However, there are some hair styles for the original races that transcend that rule: for example, you can have an original hair style (like the regular ponytail, not fashion) on a winged elf, an untamed, or a human. Across three differing races.

So my question is: If those original hairstyles can be applied to elf, human and untamed races, is it legal to give a tideborn or e.guard an original hair style, like the regular ponytail? It would make sense that if three races can share these hair styles that the new races could use them as well.

I'm asking because I'd rather know for sure then do it and get banned. Swift input appreciated!b:chuckle
Post edited by Kisbit - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    To simplify the answer (hopefully) if it's in the available options (i.e. default) it's legal, therefor, cross-hairdo's from the three original races are a-okay (with the exception of a barb), but your cannot apply them on the new races, as they aren't available in your options. You're not allowed to apply original races hair styles on the new races, new races hair styles on the old races, or male to female/female to male hairstyles.

Editing (any) *.ini files to change the original options of the character customization is simply not allowed.
  • Kisbit - Heavens Tear
    Kisbit - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thank you very much! That's all I needed to know! :)
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Then I will start to SS everyone, because a lot of people use earthguard eye texture or even another race hairstyle, last time I saw a R9 human using tideborn hair in archossaur (dreamweaver server). People aren't afraid of this rule anymore and I don't see a reason for apply them, PWI is just being stuborn to us the players.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Torzen - Lost City
    Torzen - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i dont relly understand the GMs llazyness
    they maded batter looking eyes for the erathguards but they
    leaved the other reces whit the ugly eyes cus is more work for em

this is so stupid is obious that plp wants to c their chars looking nice
    but its ilegal to look better but is legal to look ugly

this sstupid rule makes no senceb:angry

oh yes but the GMs Can put hats on barbs but if they c a barb using a hat they bann it

CHANGE THIS STUPID RULE IS TO FRICKING UNFAIRb:angryb:angryb:angry

WE ALL WANTS OUR CHARS TO LOOK NICE AND COOL

BUT THE POLITICS OF PWI ARE MADED BY INCONPETENTS FOOLS

WORST THAN HITLER
    i only get chips from bh 100

never oppened a pack that dosent gives tokens

got worst luck in pwi

and i still try
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    To simplify the answer (hopefully) if it's in the available options (i.e. default) it's legal, therefor, cross-hairdo's from the three original races are a-okay (with the exception of a barb), but your cannot apply them on the new races, as they aren't available in your options. You're not allowed to apply original races hair styles on the new races, new races hair styles on the old races, or male to female/female to male hairstyles.

Editing (any) *.ini files to change the original options of the character customization is simply not allowed.

It is allowed on the European servers though, isn't it?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It is allowed on the European servers though, isn't it?b:sad

And what makes you think Europe is exempted from this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    And what makes you think Europe is exempted from this?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14993621&postcount=8
    PWI Germany/France and PWI (as our servers vs theirs) are like franchises. They have their own managers, hold their own events, run their own forums, and are even able to have minor differences in rules. For one example, ini edits are allowed on DE/FR servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012

I got the ini edit information from here btw.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14177971&postcount=19

I do not speak German or French, so I had to take his word for it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'll have to check about the EU servers, I'm not familiar with their policies.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Interesting - I'd always assumed that the EU servers would pretty much have identical ToS and whatnot.

If it does turn out to be legal on those servers, I'd be mighty tempted to play around with character design on one of those servers just as a bit of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i dont relly understand the GMs llazyness
    they maded batter looking eyes for the erathguards but they
    leaved the other reces whit the ugly eyes cus is more work for em

this is so stupid is obious that plp wants to c their chars looking nice
    but its ilegal to look better but is legal to look ugly

this sstupid rule makes no senceb:angry

They won't make better eyes and such for older races since aside from us every other damn server is allow to .ini edit... Yes even the European ones... Unfairness? Heck yes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    When was the last time that someone was actually punished for this? Half of the servers its "not allowed" have ini-edited characters and some of them have been that way for almost a year. It was only early on into the Rising Tide expansion that they gave warnings and makeover scrolls to people; I think midway through the year they gave up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Denadoro, German community manager:

"Hey,

it is not allowed to edit/modify the game-files manually to gain any advantage of the changes.

In this case, go for it, BUT we can't give any support for this AND can't guarantee that your game will run without any kind of problems and/or be patched by next maintenance.

As long as it's only somethign cosmetical, I would assume you don't gain that much advantage out of it."

source: http://pwi-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=818912&postcount=3

It is allowed on the EU servers as long as you don't gain any gameplay advantages. Wish it was like that for the US servers too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    When was the last time that someone was actually punished for this? Half of the servers its "not allowed" have ini-edited characters and some of them have been that way for almost a year. It was only early on into the Rising Tide expansion that they gave warnings and makeover scrolls to people; I think midway through the year they gave up.

I see competing catshops all the time (usually cleric) with EG hair/eyes. Maybe instead of getting into pricing wars with them I should just ticket them for ini editing. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I see competing catshops all the time (usually cleric) with EG hair/eyes. Maybe instead of getting into pricing wars with them I should just ticket them for ini editing. b:sin

/win!
    edited March 2012

Lol! That's kinda mean don't you think? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012

"Hey,

it is not allowed to edit/modify the game-files manually to gain any advantage of the changes.

In this case, go for it, BUT we can't give any support for this AND can't guarantee that your game will run without any kind of problems and/or be patched by next maintenance.

As long as it's only somethign cosmetical, I would assume you don't gain that much advantage out of it."

It is allowed on the EU servers as long as you don't gain any gameplay advantages. Wish it was like that for the US servers too.

Thanks for that Xai. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for that Xai. b:cute

The german forums are weeird lol I guess I'm just too used to the English names. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Lol! That's kinda mean don't you think? b:laugh

It would be extremely mean, especially when you consider how much wealth those characters are holding on to, which is why I haven't actually ever done it. It's also why I haven't bothered to report the ones who are clearly running 3+ shops in the same area (Protip: If you have 3 characters in one area, all custom edited, and all looking exactly the same, it's pretty obvious it's all one person! b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Interesting - I'd always assumed that the EU servers would pretty much have identical ToS and whatnot.

Nope, on german server u can even have as many accounts as u want (only mass creation isnt allowed).
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    WORST THAN HITLER

I lol'd.

Also, I'm not sure if this has already been said, but ini edits are allowed in the CN version. :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    *By "original", I mean the first 3 races: elves, untamed, human.

It was stated in an earlier thread that it was illegal and bannable to give original* races hair & eye textures meant for TB and E.Guard, because those were "race-specific" traits. (Example: someone giving a veno an earth guard eye texture is illegal).

However, there are some hair styles for the original races that transcend that rule: for example, you can have an original hair style (like the regular ponytail, not fashion) on a winged elf, an untamed, or a human. Across three differing races.

So my question is: If those original hairstyles can be applied to elf, human and untamed races, is it legal to give a tideborn or e.guard an original hair style, like the regular ponytail? It would make sense that if three races can share these hair styles that the new races could use them as well.

I'm asking because I'd rather know for sure then do it and get banned. Swift input appreciated!b:chuckle

Having different hairstyles in and of itself is not really a problem, it's just the fact that you would need to edit you .ini files to accomplish it that makes it illegal.

Basically, modifying any of your game files isn't allowed, and unfortunately the .ini file falls under that section.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Having different hairstyles in and of itself is not really a problem, it's just the fact that you would need to edit you .ini files to accomplish it that makes it illegal.

Basically, modifying any of your game files isn't allowed, and unfortunately the .ini file falls under that section.

It would be super splendid the people running the NA servers would modify the "Don't edit the game files" rule to allow for modification of the character customization ini files. That, or make it so the European servers have to follow the same rules we do.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012

What are you so afraid for anyway? The only thing we could achieve with editing files is our characters looks or how the game displays for us isn't it? Or is there something else you're afraid of? You could just well, you know, just separate the .ini files of that rule couldn't you? And even put some limitations on how far we could go with the .ini files... b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What are you so afraid for anyway? The only thing we could achieve with editing files is our characters looks or how the game displays for us isn't it? Or is there something else you're afraid of? You could just well, you know, just separate the .ini files of that rule couldn't you? And even put some limitations on how far we could go with the .ini files... b:question

Same archaic **** as back when they didn't allow multiclienting stating that you have to edit game files to do so when it was perfectly viable without.

And since they HAVE once stated in the past that you can move files as you please, there's always the ability to have someone on a different server make your character and send you the INI file. Technically you yourself won't have modified any game files!
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012

"Hey,

They won't let because they are stubborn! What they are thinking? That we will stop to buy wigs if I can put a earthguard hair on my tideborn? Get serius!

Also, editing the .ini isn't like edit the server files, It doesn't envolve decoding and I can prove that, because even if you alter your .ini you can't give the human shape for a tideborn for example, THAT WILL BE EDIT THE SERVER FILES.

We only can do what the game makers allowed us to do, maybe It is a bug I don't know, but the CH server and European server both allow, edit our .ini because It won't will give any advantage to us ingame. I know that exist the super slim and super fat characters, but if we use that logic, that someone can use the .ini in a bad way, we should use the same logic for everything inside the game, like how the catshops can be used for scam honest players, so what to do? Ban the use of catshops? I think that no.

It was just an example, for me It's ridiculous to constrain the players with something that we are asking since 2011 (officially at least) based on something that people thinks, but won't will happen.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Look..people people..do what the hell you want.The Dev's,mods,Gm's..whatever arent gonna do anything about a change of hair nor eyes.Why?..Because i see tons of people with eg eyes/hairs..etc in my server,and obiously they dont give a damn...even people with r9+12 dags,guess they think they have power for spending that much,but all in all their brains are the size of a dead tuplip.

and mr frankie..how can something be illegal when its not on lockdown?When something that needs not to be touched needs to be locked up right?Hmmmm ill do an experiment with my kids and leave the cookie jar open and see where that goes..ill send my results.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Look..people people..do what the hell you want.The Dev's,mods,Gm's..whatever arent gonna do anything about a change of hair nor eyes.Why?..Because i see tons of people with eg eyes/hairs..etc in my server,and obiously they dont give a damn...even people with r9+12 dags,guess they think they have power for spending that much,but all in all their brains are the size of a dead tuplip.

and mr frankie..how can something be illegal when its not on lockdown?When something that needs not to be touched needs to be locked up right?Hmmmm ill do an experiment with my kids and leave the cookie jar open and see where that goes..ill send my results.

My reason is the same of this guy:
    truekossy wrote:
    It's been almost impossible to be in a squad without at least one person with INI edits. So it's not like people don't do it anyways (like people multiclienting before they changed the rule). It's just something that would be nice if they addressed the rule so that those of us who do play by the rules won't have to be concerned about it anymore.

And I also agree with you, when I told that I see lots of players with endgame gear using modified hairs, I don't mean to ban them, It's just to say that anyone cares about this rule anymore, so make It official for the reasons that truekossy stated above.
  • Zalislia - Lost City
    Zalislia - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It would be super splendid the people running the NA servers would modify the "Don't edit the game files" rule to allow for modification of the character customization ini files. That, or make it so the European servers have to follow the same rules we do.b:cry

then do something to avoid plp from editing the ini files something deffrent than just banning
    add on a patch so plp can edit their chars as they like and not to do it by editing the ini files

**** quoted the wrong one nvm this lol