Doesn't it bother anyone how much people spend in Cashshop?

eso
eso Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Cash Shop Huddle
I mean when I read a topic someone spent 3000 dollars on this game, it just made me wonder that people waste too much money on a MMO when that money could be going to a worthy cause. Don't you all think this is kind of a dangerous habit people have been getting into lately? Specially people buying those R9 medals when they could be saving their money for more practical things in life. People need to learn some self-control, spending some is alright, but don't go overboard and know your priorities.
Post edited by eso on

Comments

• TenshiHakase - Dreamweaver
    TenshiHakase - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    GTFO.
    If you don't like it then just stay away...
    get a better job then we talk again.
    no.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    3k barely registers you as a cash shopper anymore.

Why would it bother me? People spending tens of thousands of dollars to be the "best" keeps the game free for me to play and have fun with my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    no it doesnt.

it doesnt bother me that people buy a painting for 100 billion dollars either
    it doesnt bother me that people buy tickets to watch other people play a game either

and i also think that paying 3k to have fun in a game is more honest than spending money on a "worthy cause" to feel good you are helping others.

besides, how do you know that that "evil guy" that spent 3k for his armor havent donated 1mil for one of your "worthy causes"?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • FantasyFruit - Dreamweaver
    FantasyFruit - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I mean when I read a topic someone spent 3000 dollars on a guitar, it just made me wonder that people waste too much money on their hobby when that money could be going to a worthy cause. Don't you all think this is kind of a dangerous habit people have been getting into lately? Specially people buying those Taylor guitars when they could be saving their money for more practical things in life. People need to learn some self-control, spending some is alright, but don't go overboard and know your priorities.

I mean when I read a topic someone spent 3000 dollars on a giant tv, it just made me wonder that people waste too much money on a tv when that money could be going to a worthy cause. Don't you all think this is kind of a dangerous habit people have been getting into lately? Specially people buying those bose surround systems when they could be saving their money for more practical things in life. People need to learn some self-control, spending some is alright, but don't go overboard and know your priorities.

I mean when I read a topic someone spent 3000 dollars on fast food in one year, it just made me wonder that people waste too much money on fast food when that money could be going to a worthy cause. Don't you all think this is kind of a dangerous habit people have been getting into lately? Specially people buying those Big Macs when they could be saving their money for more practical things in life. People need to learn some self-control, spending some is alright, but don't go overboard and know your priorities.

If you don't understand by now...
  • cedricperez
    cedricperez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It would really depend on the customer on what is a "worthy" cause. If something brings joy into your life, and you wanted that joy to be even better, then go right ahead. You do have a point though in saying that there is a limit, but I guess that "limit" wasn't thoroughly defined. I personally don't invest any money into games, but I would think that going overboard would mean interrupting, causing harm, and somehow hurting yourself, other people in any way. In lame man's terms, If that 3k wouldn't affect your life so much, then spent it as much as you want, but if it causes your family to go into poverty, then we have a problem. Yes, you have a point that it could be used in "better" (Whatever you mean by worthy) ways, but the fact is that it's their money, we can't do anything bout it. I would want that to buy myself some clothes and food, but it isn't mine.
    Their life, their money.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It doesn't bother me except that Rank 9 broke the game. b:chuckle

I'm really surprised at just how many people throw so much money at the game. I personally know people who drop a thousand bucks a week or more into this game, but they have the money to burn. I don't understand it (I'd rather have the big TV and nicer car than some pixels on the screen) but whatever - it's their money to spend.

It does bother me, though, that spending money gives you power that you can't get by farming. The free-to-play people are at a significant disadvantage. This is where some other games coming out soon really shine - no "pay for power" in their boutique. Players will actually have to understand their classes to survive in the World v World maps (Wuild Gars 2).
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It does bother me, though, that spending money gives you power that you can't get by farming.

i dont think that this is actually true; harder? yes. impossible? no
    there are games were some gears/utilities/etc can only be purchased with RL money; no gold trading.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    eso wrote: »
    I mean when I read a topic someone spent 3000 dollars on this game, it just made me wonder that people waste too much money on a MMO when that money could be going to a worthy cause. Don't you all think this is kind of a dangerous habit people have been getting into lately? Specially people buying those R9 medals when they could be saving their money for more practical things in life. People need to learn some self-control, spending some is alright, but don't go overboard and know your priorities.

A famous words, are you one of those? people who make money should by obligation

give it to the poor? or less fortunate then them?

First off go decide your own priorities, get off your "moral high horse" and donate your

own time and money to causes. Learn self control on the fact that you need to stop

trying to tell people to learn self control. Go figure out your own life and go preach to your

own family. The people who CS do not need a moral intervention from some one

Like you. Thank you for giving "them" permission to spend a little bit but

it's not your call.

P.s. clean up your encampment in the park before you leave
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    By the way congratulations on your medal

March 4, 2012 at 12:01pm

eso just received an achievement in Perfect World International
    I'm a Paying User
    Purchase 5 items from the Cash Shop.
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It doesn't bother me that people spend money on this game. I've spend some money too in the earlier stages of the game, when I found it was worth it.
    Lately I don't spend money anymore on this, because I find other things more entertaining.

Either way, it's the paying users that keep this game free, and it's their call on how to spend their money.
    as FantasyFruit said, people spend that amount of money on all sorts of stuff. Put me in an art supply store, or a store with guitars, with that amount of money and it's gone.
    Is that an.. "honorable cause"?
    Nope.
    Are those products important to me to have. Yes! :D
    Just as some people find their rank9 +12 and fully sharded pixels very important, and see that as a form of entertainment ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've seen people who never spent a dime on this game get full R9 +10 with savants/gems, but they have the time to farm. I get 1-3 hours of play time a day, so the only way I can play an mmo and keep up is to cs. I'm not on nearly enough to even merch effectively. It does bother me that they put R9 in cs and removed medals from dq shop. It was supposed to be impossible to get, what with the one medal a week thing. I would have liked it to remain that way, since r8 isn't too bad to obtain. Que cera cera.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • eso
    eso Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow really? Some people have such hissy fits when their habits are attacked. Yes I have spent "some", but very little. All I was pointing out, people paying 3000+ bucks for a "game" is crazy. That's why I said learn self-control.

Another thing that has me concerned the past couple years that the pwi-team doesn't seem to care very much about their user-base, if anything I think they are trying desperately to suck you all dry, I won't say what because I know people here are not stupid. The game had it's golden age, but somewhere down the line something has changed for the worse.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
This discussion has been closed.