PlayerBase as of 2012 ?

deathcuddle
deathcuddle Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
So yea iv been mia from PWI for about a nice 2 years and i really would like to give the game another chance but when i actually logged in today the servers i checked were well... deserted so im really curious on what servers currently have the most players.
thx a lot in advance ^^
Post edited by deathcuddle on

Comments

• Remember - Raging Tide
    Remember - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the old servers like Lost city and harshlands have the most players but pvp in pvp server atm is really messed up. its ganking 24/7 n no fun.

I hear Raging Tide players just seem to grow everyday and it has the most balanced economy as of now. The new foreign servers r too deserted to do anything done. If you r looking for a perfect server, Raging Tide is best.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sanctuary all the way.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Every server's lower level areas will look deserted, because everyone is powerlevelling their chars now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the old servers like Lost city and harshlands have the most players but pvp in pvp server atm is really messed up. its ganking 24/7 n no fun.

I hear Raging Tide players just seem to grow everyday and it has the most balanced economy as of now. The new foreign servers r too deserted to do anything done. If you r looking for a perfect server, Raging Tide is best.

harshlands is not old.

you mean lost city and sanctuary
    to some extend heavens tear (was it launched the same time? i dont know... i dont even know what server i started at back in late 2008)

dreamweaver and harshlands were launched the same day when elite population on ht was lvl70-80ish i think

and ...harshlands seems to be dead
    cant complain about dreamweaver tho
    i like potato
  • schokoketzi
    schokoketzi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    to put all answers in a nutshell:
    ignore the text written here and just go check what server theyre playing on the left.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    to put all answers in a nutshell:
    ignore the text written here and just go check what server theyre playing on the left.

Uhhh, fail.

Check all you want... Nub areas are gonna be empty.

Nub areas being any area where questing occurs minus culti quests and Morai.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well, tbh, if you really wanna know what Server is best for YOU, check each one out. Dont ask on the forums, because 95% of those who read and post to this thread are just gonna try to convince you that theres is better than everyone else's. I play on HT, and i actually enjoy it for the most part. I wouldnt wanna play on any other server really. Thats just my personal preference though. Hope you find the server that you can enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sanctuary probably has the most fun PVP since its "faction PK" more then random gank the weaker team pk. Each server has something different to offer, like Raging tide and their 2000 sin PKers that only attack non sins cus their afraid of other sins killing them.

Most players on PWI now aren't that great IMO, you can easily be a weaker geared player and still roflstomp R9s with no brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathcuddle
    deathcuddle Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    thx a lot for your reply's everyone. For now i chose raging tides because im more of a pve person than a pvp one ^-^ and my ms is better in east aswell. I might change the server later im still testing so yeah sorry to everyone else :X
  • IDeidara - Archosaur
    IDeidara - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Archosaur has literally LOADS of players, you see WC being spammed like berserk o.O
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Excellent choice on Raging Tides. I do hope that you like ponies, cuz RT has the largest population of bronies. b:chuckle

/brohoof!

^You'll want to learn all about that if you don't already know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Most players on PWI now aren't that great IMO, you can easily be a weaker geared player and still roflstomp R9s with no brain.

Not true. (Wtf is you smoking atm b:chuckle)

You can't be stupid and roll another r9 without having r9. (Sin being the exception)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Archosaur has literally LOADS of players, you see WC being spammed like berserk o.O
    I'm not sure what qualifies as "berserk" to you, but get on an old server like Sanc or HT and you'll see how dead Arch is by comparison. :-/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • EIysieh - Raging Tide
    EIysieh - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Excellent choice on Raging Tides. I do hope that you like ponies, cuz RT has the largest population of bronies. b:chuckle

/brohoof!

Bronies <3
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012

/brohoof!

This almost makes me want to re-roll to RT ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Btw... Is it just me or did HT die a little since the expansion... I've only bin able to play about 2 days due to problems since the expansion but the World Channel has gotten really slow... Is it just me? Where ppl forced to quit because they couldn't run the game properly anymore? Or did a lot of ppl just left? Did anyone notice this on other servers as well? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Not true. (Wtf is you smoking atm b:chuckle)

You can't be stupid and roll another r9 without having r9. (Sin being the exception)

I've killed some R9s with a +5 HS, if you know what you're doing anyone is kill able.

example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ok I stand corrected loool. b:surrender
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've killed some R9s with a +5 HS, if you know what you're doing anyone is kill able.

example.

Yeah, but still, she's R8..
    harshlands is not old.

you mean lost city and sanctuary
    to some extend heavens tear (was it launched the same time? i dont know... i dont even know what server i started at back in late 2008)

dreamweaver and harshlands were launched the same day when elite population on ht was lvl70-80ish i think

and ...harshlands seems to be dead
    cant complain about dreamweaver tho

You've got your servers mixed up. Lost City and Heavens Tear were the first servers and Sanctuary came a couple months later. LC and HT has *some 8x, but it was pretty rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2012

example.
    Can't tell if trolling... or actually misunderstood what I was replying to...

Or were you replying to someone else? o.o
    Btw... Is it just me or did HT die a little since the expansion... I've only bin able to play about 2 days due to problems since the expansion but the World Channel has gotten really slow... Is it just me? Where ppl forced to quit because they couldn't run the game properly anymore? Or did a lot of ppl just left? Did anyone notice this on other servers as well? b:question
    Every server seems to have lost a small percentage of their base. It's not really enough to justify any panic, though. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Ops quoted the wrong perosn. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    A week ago I ran around on Harshlands, Lost City, and Sanctuary. Believe it or not i think all 3 have less players than Raging tide. At least what i saw from Raging tide, South Arch and 1k streams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    like Raging tide and their 2000 sin PKers that only attack non sins cus their afraid of other sins killing them..

Good job keeping Dylena in safe zone guys, no wonder he spends most of his time pk on another server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Its ok Cody, when you go back to PKing with people equal gears to you let me know. You're no longer OP geared time to show that you can actually play a barb! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Its ok Cody, when you go back to PKing with people equal gears to you let me know. You're no longer OP geared time to show that you can actually play a barb! b:victory

Your DoTs are no match to Man's JoSDs.

CS moar then come back pl0x b:bye
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    He's too poor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    He's too poor.

word. I cant rob QQme bank like someone else..I mean Vicious bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    word. I cant rob QQme bank like someone else..I mean Vicious bank.

I heard TiddyBayor stole trial mats, can you confirm that rumor Moe?? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I heard TiddyBayor stole trial mats, can you confirm that rumor Moe?? b:shocked

He should've spent it on his BM. Weakling got hit for 12k =3
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    He should've spent it on his BM. Weakling got hit for 12k =3

You owe me a 1vs1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]