Game installation files corrupt

slapuindaface
slapuindaface Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Because of the errors I was getting and lack of answers to the problem I was experiencing,I decided doing a fresh install would likely help my issues. I soon found out that this was not true at all. I have tried several times to download the client installation files, via bit torrent and also using the direct download application, and every time I end up getting corrupt files. It always seems to be data1.pck that is screwed up. I have tried turning off virus protection as well as firewall but no luck with that even. As I said, I have done this so many times and I am very frustrated. If anyone has experienced something like this and knows how to fix the problem, please tell me what you did to get things running properly?

Thanks for reading everyone.
Post edited by slapuindaface on

Comments

• NecroTwist - Sanctuary
    NecroTwist - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    did you do the full update before you verify

the download is still on genesis and not descent, so if you verify it then should be trying to verify the genesis to the descent files. try installing it without verification then download the patch maunually here about the middle of the page
    then retry the verification

another set of DL mirrors is here
    though that patch is about 2 weeks old now i think
    I tried to add a signature here thats not even as big as some. but it kept resizing to make it illegible, so **** it
  • slapuindaface
    slapuindaface Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok so I happened to have an old hard drive I sorta use as a back up. Has OS installed and loads of software etc. it also had an out of date version of pwi genesis. I went ahead and just updated the game through the auto patcher and all is well as far as I can tell.

This still doesn't help with the original drive's problem. Maybe I have some corrupt windows files or some other random Internet-contracted computer disease that is causing the issue.

Idk
  • mihybrid
    mihybrid Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It seems that those of us with newer computers are all experiencing these type(s) of issues if not the same on(s). On your newer computer, check to see which version of directX you are running. This could be the problem. If it does not have the DirectX 9.0c it will not run the game and may possible freeze up your computer while attempting to run the game. This is what has happened to me. Even with the download (9.0c seems to only come as a redistributal file) you then have to put it in the correct location which is either the game or on you DirectX version. Since no one at PWE seems to want to answer this question, I'm at a stand still.
  • ballstothewalls
    ballstothewalls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Those who are having problems installing Perfect World - I was wondering if your internet service provider happens to be Comcast?
    Are there any peeps in the Cicero Illinois area having the same issue?
    I have eliminated all other sources for data corruption -
    1. It is not just the Perfect World game downloads which are corrupted for me it is all downloads greater than 1GB. All downloads from whatever online gaming site are corrupted.
    2. I have tried disabling and the uninstalling both Norton firewall and anti-virus.
    3. I have bypassed the router and hooked directly into the modem.
    4. Replaced the modem with a brand new Cisco modem rental from Comcast.
    5. Completely formatted and re-installed Windows XP and drivers.
    6. Tested and everything checked out good:
    I. Hard drives test with Sea Tools by Seagate
    II. Tested RAM using MemTest86
    III. Processor using Intel processor testing tool
    IV. Service Tech verified NIC card in system is good.
    7. Replace LAN cables with new ones.
    8. Verified with three other computers that you cannot download flies over 1GB without data corruption.
    9. Comcast techs could find nothing wrong with RF signal strength to the modem, nor signal from modem to router, no problem with singnal downstream from router either.
    If anyone else is using Comcast and having these same issues I'd like to know about it.
    You can email me at mickeylearn@yahoo.com or mickeylearn@comcast.net
  • ballstothewalls
    ballstothewalls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Is there anyone who'd be copy all installation files to CD or flash drive and send them to me by mail?
    I need all installation files and the current game patches. My internet service provider Comcast is corrupting all of my downloads 1GB and larger.
    I am really wanting to get back into playing Perfect World - Please help.
    Let me know if you are willing:
    mickeylearn@yahoo.com
  • senadd
    senadd Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i have almost same problem....u know yellow and orange lines...left of START?..behind yellow line-file version corrupted,,,abd behind orange line-selecr version verifycation....and when im going with manual patch...it says:Clent folder corrupted..in small window..so....what i need to do...help plzzzz....im playing this game more then 2 years and its 1st time that i have something wrong...help plzzzzz