Mystic DD

furyokuu
furyokuu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Mystic
Hi, i was just wondering if mystics can be damage dealers as i dont like being a healing mystic. i just decided to make a mystic but one of my friend says i would have to be a healer a majority of the time but i dont want to is there a way to be pure dps and not get anyone to complain about it? Because i dont like healing.
Post edited by furyokuu on

Comments

• Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Er, half mystics skills are heals. And tbh, I doubt you will get too many squads if you don't like to heal. You can expect to be the stand-in-cleric a good deal of times if you're a mystic.

Maybe rolling a wizard would be a better alternative. Or a psychic. For your own sanity. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • furyokuu
    furyokuu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    But loads of people tell me that mystics are good DD
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    in my case considering my mystic is not old enough to be rank 8 ( my plans)

I DD when there is a cleric in the group, but i wouldn't call it DD per say from

what you may be used to. On a few occasions when i strike first with Xpoison

Nature's Vengeance then absorb soul while my Sage Chu is Frenzied and buffed with

Boost i take Arago from most except a sparked sin or seeker ( mostly the two i hang with)

but usually as im healing myself they continue to destroy the mob.

I use this collection to one shot normal mobs and put a great dent into bosses and

elite mobs. so you may see me running up first to strike unless i am the pure healer role

---

With the fixes to the Mystic summons it's always good to lead in instances because

you can stun any mob and if you stun one in a group you can chase the rest away with

Gale force ( fun in FC ). Most high level mystic on my server that i see in pk mode

are almost always red, i haven't met too many r9s but the few r8s can hold there own

with/against most folks in a 1v1 PK event vs DD's
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mystics are good DD. However, they're not a DD-only class. People WILL expect you to heal with so many heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The same thing that makes a great DD makes a great healer. Roll a Wiz, Psy, or Veno if you want a caster that won't be expected to heal.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • /eren - Dreamweaver204
    /eren - Dreamweaver204 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    a great player can do both ijs. and a great squad needs little heals~ but yea when i DD i do it sooo well. i recall a time when i had a squad of 3 clerics 90-95 2 seekers both 99 and me a mystic of 93. we did 79. i would either end up with aggro or start with it. the two seekers couldnt take it away.

i also recall having a squad with a BM and a Veno in squad HF+amp+triple spark+crit using just natures vengeance hit Linus for 83k damage and im just in R6/TT90

we can hit hard when we want to. we can heal as well as we hit. no most our skills are not healing. only 6 of 16. under half and thats considering salvation as a heal skill unless you count the self buff and res buff healing. granted the newest skills are support skills but eh.
  • HardTimes - Lost City
    HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    as a mystic i am almost never ask to be healer for squad. i can heal with the best of them, but thats not why ppl add me to squad b:shy

but no, what your asking is not possible. you want to be best dps so not to heal, but to do that your also becoming a better healer lol. just bc your rolling a mystic dont mean your going to have to heal, but to try not to heal at all bc you dont like it you better roll another class that cant heal at all. like a archer ;3 they cant even get bp lol
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I can heal if its necessary. But id rather DD not heal. As HardTimes said, ppl dont add me to their squads for my heals.
    Mystic is a good DD, maybe not as good as wiz or psy, but definitely better than veno or cleric DD. And tbh what i love most about mystics is the ability to heal and DD in the same time, so yeah, a good mystic can do both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • EarthFlare - Harshlands
    EarthFlare - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I can heal if its necessary. But id rather DD not heal. As HardTimes said, ppl dont add me to their squads for my heals.
    Mystic is a good DD, maybe not as good as wiz or psy, but definitely better than veno or cleric DD. And tbh what i love most about mystics is the ability to heal and DD in the same time, so yeah, a good mystic can do both.

I understand, i will continue to use my mystic but i will mostly DD as i prefer that. I will also be demon because i heard it's more pvp oriented
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Why so much whining about healing , just lay your 2 healing plants on the ground , let Devil DD and spam skills, occasionally use a Break in the clouds or Petals. Job done

This seems like trolling to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Jasriana - Heavens Tear
    Jasriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It all depends on the squad. Some squads don't need any heals, some do. You are a hybrid class, and expected to fill the role that's needed.

If you're able to kill the mobs before they reach anyone else then heals aren't needed :)
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012

This.

Myself am i DD mystic mostly. I love to DD and in general be as useful as possible to my squad. But since i like to DD so much, i of course did think about what if i rolled a psychic or wizard.... But i always end up thinking that mystic was the right choice because i wouldn't be able to think myself without heals anymore. Mystics are the best magic dps class if geared well, with the ability to properly heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This post reminds me of the time I joined a squad looking for a healer. I join and see a mystic. Then I ask them why they were looking for a healer (they didn't specify cleric) and told me that the mystic is a DD build.

I kept thinking that is just full of BS. How on earth is that mystic solely a DD build when we're a hybrid class in itself? And it's not that they didn't have healing skills, they were just lazy.

Don't be like that guy if you're going to play a mystic. Yes, I too enjoy DDing more than healing, but if healing is what's needed, then so be it.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    This post reminds me of the time I joined a squad looking for a healer. I join and see a mystic. Then I ask them why they were looking for a healer (they didn't specify cleric) and told me that the mystic is a DD build.

I kept thinking that is just full of BS. How on earth is that mystic solely a DD build when we're a hybrid class in itself? And it's not that they didn't have healing skills, they were just lazy.

Don't be like that guy if you're going to play a mystic. Yes, I too enjoy DDing more than healing, but if healing is what's needed, then so be it.

That guy was either indeed lazy or insecure about his own abilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Make the squad, recruit a cleric or mystic, appoint them as healer. -Problem solved.

One of the few things I do in a squad on Mystic is BH Metal and only once did I take role as healer there.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    mystics are great dd. if i have to ill heal =.=' im a lazy healer. just use plant and salv aoe buff. I myself spam attack skills. that usually does the job. i gota say tho mystics shines in rb b:thanks. i been loving rb on my mystic. the other day we did 3 man rb till w3 for bh me and bm and cleric. cleric bb obv... I myself dont even have rank gear just a stage 1 nirv wand for my mystic(working on her stage2 =.='). and the bm had tt90 gold axe. and we did it w/o death. lolz was a fun squad. tho we were fully buffed with all the buffs possible except psy and wizy's buff.

at 100+ noone expect a mystic to heal. u might find some that want you to heal in ff at lower lvl.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Made a video yesterday because i felt like doing it. But it turns out to be a "good" display of a mystic doing both DD and support.

take note however, i forgot my jones blessing, so damage sucks b:surrender
    And i'm not exactly the most brilliant mystic either. But i kept the squad alive b:cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3SgbNQpAs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Made a video yesterday because i felt like doing it. But it turns out to be a "good" display of a mystic doing both DD and support.

take note however, i forgot my jones blessing, so damage sucks b:surrender
    And i'm not exactly the most brilliant mystic either. But i kept the squad alive b:cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3SgbNQpAs

Awesome video Retsuko! I'm jealous! I'm worried about solo supporting Abba, have duo supported with another Mystic but never solo'd yet but also you had a good squad and not a random WC squad like I normally have to get...

How many parts of R9 do you have? I have been planning on maybe only getting the weapon and ring only for now but it was nice to see how much damage I would be able to pull off. Your character looks so cute in that fashion too D: made me wish I made mine female for a second b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Awesome video Retsuko! I'm jealous! I'm worried about solo supporting Abba, have duo supported with another Mystic but never solo'd yet but also you had a good squad and not a random WC squad like I normally have to get...

It's actually not hard at all. I run both abba and seat as the only healer a good deal of times :o Sallys aoe shield helps a lot to catch aoes, petals and break usually take care of peoples hp.

And I'm not r9. Just a +5 r8 P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012

How many parts of R9 do you have? I have been planning on maybe only getting the weapon and ring only for now but it was nice to see how much damage I would be able to pull off. Your character looks so cute in that fashion too D: made me wish I made mine female for a second b:cute

Thanks b:cute

I got only two parts, the weapon and pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This reminds me of that one time in bh79 when I was a little 85 mystic and when I joined the squad I asked "where's the cleric"? Then I noticed that I was gonna be solo healer.

Nervous as hell, but it went well. Since then I've solo-healed fc's, but if I could get a cleric to take over the healing role, bet your *** I'll take that opportunity.

Skip to last week where I was in a BH79 squad with a barb, a seeker, 2 clerics and 2 mystics. I made the joke that there should be no one dying. Of course since they added HANDS to fricken 79, there was one death. b:cry But I got a chance to do some DD there and I keep forgetting to give Nama a blessing so her damage isn't the best (but her survivability supasses even my wizzie when she was this level).

Need spirit for Sage Sally qq
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?