The Worst Form Response Support Staff Possible

Maelael - Heavens Tear
Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So recently, I noticed that I am apparently sleepwalking and improving my crafting skills. Or there is a problem with the Core Connect System. Or a hacker got a hold of my account, and decided to level my crafting skills for me.

Just to make sure there is no such thing as a benevolent hacker, given that would result in cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria, and the literal end of the world...I changed my password, and submitted a ticket.

*Edited*

So let it not be said that PWI doesn't respond to tickets...they just don't read the ticket contents and cut and paste form responses.

So...is anyone else having miracles show up on core connect? Or is Core Connect just garbage?
pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
Post edited by Maelael - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Sorry, had to edit your post. Can't post quotes from what the PWI people sent you.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Canned responses are typical for any large business. No need for suspense or shock.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Sorry, had to edit your post. Can't post quotes from what the PWI people sent you.

Then delete the post...it makes the thread pointless.

Strange that the company wont publicly stand behind its support staff's work?
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    your lucky, mine was removed when i posted it a few weeks ago

it was removed faster then i can refresh the page
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    your lucky, mine was removed when i posted it a few weeks ago

it was removed faster then i can refresh the page

Yanno and its funny, cause I used to do some of the coordination and logistics behind outsourcing and in-sourcing tech support. If they're willing to pay the equivalent of 6 bucks an hour to a few other countries' centers, they could get more than canned responses out of people.

Some more Frankie-level personal support would be killer, as everything I've seen out of Frankie, he reads the actual stuff coming in.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Canned responses are typical for any large business. No need for suspense or shock.

You are correct. But matching up the canned responses with the correct issue is kinda the job of Tech support by email, yanno?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Censorship... They're doing it right... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • krisnda
    edited March 2012
    Censorship... They're doing it right... b:chuckle

Hey, just enforcing rules. I agree with you though Maelael that some responses can be a little generic.

Also, did you want me to close it (because your getting some feedback from the overall message your making)?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey, just enforcing rules. I agree with you though Maelael that some responses can be a little generic.

I know... Just joking... Wasn't even against you personal... b:cute

Really I didn't meant to offend... I'm really friendly actually... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i wouldnt be suprised if the vast majority of the question could be resolved by checking the FAQ and therefore, even a program could give a useful answer. so adding a not so personal first layer of support might be quite efficient
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012

Yea don't give Krisnda ****, he is enforcing the rules - as is his job - perfectly fine.

I was unaware of said rule, as this is the first company I've encountered that has such rule so I didn't think it would be an issue.

Generic, and not appropriate to the topic either Krisnda. Just utter bonkers, I was kinda hoping to troll-like illuminate why so many people make tickets, or don't make tickets, and post here.

Of course the support staff telling people to make posts here (when they really shouldn't) is also an issue.

I shoulda posted here when they originally told me to, gotten the response "submit a ticket" so I could go "I did...they told me to troll here!"
    edited March 2012
    You are correct. But matching up the canned responses with the correct issue is kinda the job of Tech support by email, yanno?

Not unless they're trolling. Which, they probably are.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Not unless they're trolling. Which, they probably are.

Well if you had a chance to read my RoC oops, thats some semi-pro trollin. It needs some grammatical errors and misspellings to enter the pro world.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Also, did you want me to close it (because your getting some feedback from the overall message your making)?

Ha! You edited your post or the forums are on crack again cause that was there before.

Uhm...don't care either way make a judgement call on your end? It's pretty much trolling without anything truly useful at this point.
  • krisnda
    edited March 2012
    Yea don't give Krisnda ****, she is enforcing the rules - as is her job - perfectly fine.

I was unaware of said rule, as this is the first company I've encountered that has such rule so I didn't think it would be an issue.

Generic, and not appropriate to the topic either Krisnda. Just utter bonkers, I was kinda hoping to troll-like illuminate why so many people make tickets, or don't make tickets, and post here.

Of course the support staff telling people to make posts here (when they really shouldn't) is also an issue.

I shoulda posted here when they originally told me to, gotten the response "submit a ticket" so I could go "I did...they told me to troll here!"

<--Guy.

And yea, I read through some of it (b:surrender), and the reason why people post here (about things not including bans) is because normally (depending on what it is) you can get a response from the community faster then Support.

(and yea, I added that part in parenthesis xD)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    <--Guy.

And yea, I read through some of it, and the reason why people post here (about things not including bans) is because normally (depending on what it is) you can get a response from the community faster then Support.

(and yea, I added that part in parenthesis xD)

It's the "da" on the end of the name, sorry - I'm societally trained to recognize that as a female name. Noted! You and Frankie...I wonder how many people on the forums know that Frankie Raye = Nova = Girl in comics.

But yea close it whenever you feel it's not useful.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hackers are hired to test security systems, and some hackers do it of their own will without inflicting serious damage. Those would be benevolent hackers.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Hackers are hired to test security systems, those would be "benevolent."

Benevolent:
    1. Characterized by or suggestive of doing good.
    2. Of, concerned with, or organized for the benefit of charity.

I was mostly thinking #2. Course, people who get paid to **** aren't really being altruistic, its a job.

But...if some hacker did get into my account, left my billions of coin worth of gear alone, and leveled my craft skills to 4 without spending any coin, I would be eternally grateful.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291

8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

This rule isn't constrained to GM Tickets, but to private messaging as a whole. I do apologize if a ticket response sometimes lacks a personal touch, but the use of these kinds of templates does speed up the response process significantly. The GM's still do sometimes respond with non-templated responses if the situation is unique, but since they've been doing tickets for nearly four years now, it's rare to see a situation that hasn't been seen before.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012

8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

This rule isn't constrained to GM Tickets, but to private messaging as a whole. I do apologize if a ticket response sometimes lacks a personal touch, but the use of these kinds of templates does speed up the response process significantly. The GM's still do sometimes respond with non-templated responses if the situation is unique, but since they've been doing tickets for nearly four years now, it's rare to see a situation that hasn't been seen before.

Oh totally, I just expect the canned responses to match the issue.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012

That kind of attitude is what's frustrating. I get that most people have the same types of problems. But a lot of time's your GMs are looking at the title only and not reading the actual ticket. I have been asked multiple times to provide information that I already provided, which made the issue take an extra week. I've never had a super complicated issue.

Example:
    Title: Can't pick up skills
    I can't pick up my skills, even though I completed all parts of the culti. And yes, I know about the dying part, and I did that too. I'm way past that. I also have all the necessary spirit, coins, and prerequisite skills.

::gives screenshot proving everything is right on my end::

1 week later:

Response: Did you die? (inserts link about how dying is related to lowbie culti)

Yes! That's not the problem. I told you that.

3 days later:

Response: You need to have the proper amount of spirt and coins to level a skill. (inserts link about levelling)

Yes, I have the proper amount of spirit and coins. As you can see I was even able to purchase on of the 59 skills but not the other ones.

2 days later:

Response: Oh, okay. Can you provide a screenshot?

::Gives exact same screenshot::

3 days later:

Response:: And what exact problem are you having with the skills?

I can't pick them up

1 day later:

Response: Did you try verifying your game? If that doesn't work give us a **** this and dx file please

Me: Verify worked, I guess something was wrong on my end. I've never had a problem picking up the skills before. Thank you.

^^^

That's an example of the kind of responses received. Since it's not an actual ticket, I don't think you'll guys remove it. Anywho, I think you guys might benefit from a check mark sheet or something. If someone has a problem, look at the template and check off if the additional information answers the initial template responses. If nothing applies, then clearly you need to give a unique response. Something as simple as checkbox would've shown that I had indeed died, attained the proper level/spirit/coins, and provided a screenshot. That kind of problem with the dying cultivation part is something that you probably see often. But it didn't deserve a typical canned response because it didn't provide an adequate explanation for the persons problem. Not only could you have saved the customer the extra amount of days (verify and dx/**** this should have been the first response) but having to deal with that customer was time you SHOULD have been dealing with someone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That kind of attitude is what's frustrating. I get that most people have the same types of problems. But a lot of time's your GMs are looking at the title only and not reading the actual ticket. I have been asked multiple times to provide information that I already provided, which made the issue take an extra week. I've never had a super complicated issue.

Example:
    Title: Can't pick up skills
    I can't pick up my skills, even though I completed all parts of the culti. And yes, I know about the dying part, and I did that too. I'm way past that. I also have all the necessary spirit, coins, and prerequisite skills.

::gives screenshot proving everything is right on my end::

1 week later:

Response: Did you die? (inserts link about how dying is related to lowbie culti)

Yes! That's not the problem. I told you that.

3 days later:

Response: You need to have the proper amount of spirt and coins to level a skill. (inserts link about levelling)

Yes, I have the proper amount of spirit and coins. As you can see I was even able to purchase on of the 59 skills but not the other ones.

2 days later:

Response: Oh, okay. Can you provide a screenshot?

::Gives exact same screenshot::

3 days later:

Response:: And what exact problem are you having with the skills?

I can't pick them up

1 day later:

Response: Did you try verifying your game? If that doesn't work give us a **** this and dx file please

Me: Verify worked, I guess something was wrong on my end. I've never had a problem picking up the skills before. Thank you.

^^^

That's an example of the kind of responses received. Since it's not an actual ticket, I don't think you'll guys remove it. Anywho, I think you guys might benefit from a check mark sheet or something. If someone has a problem, look at the template and check off if the additional information answers the initial template responses. If nothing applies, then clearly you need to give a unique response. Something as simple as checkbox would've shown that I had indeed died, attained the proper level/spirit/coins, and provided a screenshot. That kind of problem with the dying cultivation part is something that you probably see often. But it didn't deserve a typical canned response because it didn't provide an adequate explanation for the persons problem. Not only could you have saved the customer the extra amount of days (verify and dx/**** this should have been the first response) but having to deal with that customer was time you SHOULD have been dealing with someone else.

Thanks Venus, I'll forward this concern/suggestion along to the GM team.
  • OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ...it's rare to see a situation that hasn't been seen before.

Well this Nigerian Prince told me i could get 500 billion ingame coins from an overseas pw account if i told him which way the water turns when i flush my toilet. He hasnt emailed me yet b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Can't post quotes from what the PWI people sent you.

Why? Because PWE know's their support is garbage and all it does is make them look bad?
    The GM's still do sometimes respond with non-templated responses

LOL.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    That's an example of the kind of responses received.

Nailed it.

I lol'd.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012

b:thanks I really hope you do so and we can see some kind of improvement. Thanks for taking the time to read the response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2012

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1305961&page=24
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PWI's supp0rt team is just there t0 make pe0ple rage m0re, m0st 0f them lack the ability t0 read past the first line 0f a ticket like m0st 0f the fails 0n this f0rum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    @OP: Idunno man, them giving you the finger and posting a thread in the General section, saying how small your peni.s is, seems like it would be the Worst Form Response from the Support Staff Possible.

Def in top 10 at least. b:nosebleed

I can never figure you out Sagek. Thats not a good thing.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I can never figure you out Sagek. Thats not a good thing.

I am ok with that, b:nosebleed
This discussion has been closed.