Childish world

Options
bobsnude
bobsnude Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Arigora Colosseum
Hi

I met a player yesterday. the kind of player who is completely out of the purpose I think. Let me explain this.
When you play pvp you meet all kind of player : the one who runs in safe, the one who fights, the one who even doesn't know what is pvp, etc... The one i met yesterday is another kind of player : the one who put the wallet on the keyboard and says "I'm awesome".
Gear : Rank 9
Refine : full +12
I don't talk about the pots that makes you immune to all (invincible) which are also another foolish stuff of the game (and the hacks neither).

He should say "my gear is awesome", like any conscious people would say "I paid to have a godlike character" but in his mind the mistake is done. That's the obvious truth. The game offers the godlike-gmlike character by using the huge wallet option and make you think it's you. This is an option you didn't have in a game until the 21th century and the MMO world : you can pay and have the feeling you're god. Before that, the interest in a game was the challenges, the walls that your character had to face to win a prize and earn the name of "elite". With the MMO you are no longer a challenger since you can use your real money to pass immediately those walls and challenges. Then, there are no challenges anymore. You buy a fake elite name. But let's be clear. This thing you bought with your money is only a virtual godlike stuff. Your gear is the gm stuff, you have nothing but a virtual dollar gear. You are nothing more, your fighting abilities are no longer in purpose. Cause no one can kill your character except the internet connection with that gear on. Think about what you would do without that gear : nothing. Cause you didn't learn about playing, trying the challenge to fight on your own, with your skills, with an average gear and the mastering of a chain skill.
With that gear, the character is impossible to kill. Even a Rank 9 + 12 could not kill you. The result is : there is no interest anymore for all other players. You can play, try your luck but anyway you know you have no other choice than leave the game.
The thing is insane and some doesn't see it until the game is over. Cause when this game will be out, they will feel the real world : no godlike gear, no power, nothing but the taste of a drug missing. The game gets expansions, extra skills and etc... but anyway, if people are leaving, the game will no longer be interesting for the entertainers.

So you'll get back to reality and say "I'm not that awesome without my wonderful gear". Good luck sweet child.
Post edited by bobsnude on

Comments

• Haris_Pilton - Lost City
    Haris_Pilton - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Q to the Q
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is why I have no interest in rushing to get better gear. Already having all the best stuff is boring as heck. I'll take months or even years to get that kind of gear and enjoy my time doing it. I never plan to get rank 9, not because I'll never be able to, but because the game would be far too easy once I had it.

People complain about the pve/pvp being boring, well stop cash shopping your way to the best gear in the game and it won't be so boring anymore you losers.

When PWE first began as a company, I recall I believe it was Xarfox promising that they would never sell power in the cash shop ever. What happened? They sell the best gear in the game in the cash shop.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is why I have no interest in rushing to get better gear. Already having all the best stuff is boring as heck. I'll take months or even years to get that kind of gear and enjoy my time doing it. I never plan to get rank 9, not because I'll never be able to, but because the game would be far too easy once I had it.

People complain about the pve/pvp being boring, well stop cash shopping your way to the best gear in the game and it won't be so boring anymore you losers.

When PWE first began as a company, I recall I believe it was Xarfox promising that they would never sell power in the cash shop ever. What happened? They sell the best gear in the game in the cash shop.

+9001 b:victory

Go farm R9 in-game, that will keep you busy lol plus by the time you get it you will be so skilled that you won't need it.

Also as far as I know Xarfox is not around anymore so technically they didn't while he was arround... hmmmm...
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like to cash shop from time to time.
    I never do huge gold dumps like several grand to get big things like R9 and stuff, but I still buy a few hundred gold every other month or so.
    In all fairness, every R9 has earned their right to 'godliness' either by farming hard for it or spending lots of money.
    You never go up to people in real life with nice cars and scream at how they didn't really 'earn' that car and then proceed to write angrily about them, do you?
    It's literally exactly the same thing - if I spent over a thousand dollars on something I'd damn well better have gotten something good out of it in the end.
  • darkjuggalo
    darkjuggalo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Honestly, i really don't see the point of buying the cash shop gear. I've played this game for just over six years, and the pvp is ridiculous. There are too many people that buy their way to the top. I remember when someone played this game just because they enjoyed the gameplay, the community, or whatever their reason was. This is rarely the case as of now, because people feel the need to be the best, forsaking the excitement of simply playing to play. This fact greatly saddens me. i love all aspects of this game. But the......dishonesty in pvp is rather apalling.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I like to cash shop from time to time.
    I never do huge gold dumps like several grand to get big things like R9 and stuff, but I still buy a few hundred gold every other month or so.
    In all fairness, every R9 has earned their right to 'godliness' either by farming hard for it or spending lots of money.
    You never go up to people in real life with nice cars and scream at how they didn't really 'earn' that car and then proceed to write angrily about them, do you?
    It's literally exactly the same thing - if I spent over a thousand dollars on something I'd damn well better have gotten something good out of it in the end.

Don't make it sound like it's actually worth spending that much on this sht game b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aviron - Harshlands
    Aviron - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Q to the Q
    great comment to a well written thread
    this must be the rank 9 +12 fellow or a child
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    r9 +12 is a state of game now. you either have it or you dont. the skillful players have it because they skillfully use the economy to gain coins. the c$ers have it, because they swiped a cc. the skillful players still win the pvp wars as it always has been, leaving hte c$ players wondering why they lost. it always amazes me when a r9+12 JoSD char cant figure why he got one shot. ciao <^_^>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The game offers the godlike-gmlike character by using the huge wallet option and make you think it's you. This is an option you didn't have in a game until the 21th century and the MMO world : you can pay and have the feeling you're god. Before that, the interest in a game was the challenges, the walls that your character had to face to win a prize and earn the name of "elite". With the MMO you are no longer a challenger since you can use your real money to pass immediately those walls and challenges. Then, there are no challenges anymore. You buy a fake elite name. But let's be clear. This thing you bought with your money is only a virtual godlike stuff.

so what's your point?

that people dont enjoy their "godlike stuff"? well, for some it may be boring after some time, but it appears that a lot of people still play and spend more money/time to improve their gear even more.

or are you saying that's just fake pleasure? so what kinda of pleasure do you approve and also, why should anyone care about your opinion? does it matter after all? one may enjoy buying a 10bn$ van gogh, some other would rather have a warsoul.

and last, what's with the "elite" obssesion? believing that you are elite, awesome or great because you can beat most of the other people in a game is equally pathetic, imo, no matter how you achieved it. in fact, i believe that your way of achieving "greatness" is even more pathetic than buying the gear. my goal when I play this game is to have fun; not to eat nothing but virtual rice for years while training until I learn the legendary forty-two palm exploding heart technique.

besides that, yeah, other r9+12 can kill r9+12; groups of r8s can kill r9s; and you can get r9 without cashoping. and no, it wont take years. maybe i misunderstood you after all and you are not the "eat virtual rice for months" type of player but the "qq i cannot be great in a few weeks" kind. cause if you really believed what you said, you would view the r9 cashoppers as the huge wall you will have to surpass, the most difficult boss to kill, before you achieve the elite status. and just like any other boss, you might have to be extremely well geared or with a good squad.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zsara - Lost City
    Zsara - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    so what's your point?

that people dont enjoy their "godlike stuff"? well, for some it may be boring after some time, but it appears that a lot of people still play and spend more money/time to improve their gear even more.

or are you saying that's just fake pleasure? so what kinda of pleasure do you approve and also, why should anyone care about your opinion? does it matter after all? one may enjoy buying a 10bn$ van gogh, some other would rather have a warsoul.

and last, what's with the "elite" obssesion? believing that you are elite, awesome or great because you can beat most of the other people in a game is equally pathetic, imo, no matter how you achieved it. in fact, i believe that your way of achieving "greatness" is even more pathetic than buying the gear. my goal when I play this game is to have fun; not to eat nothing but virtual rice for years while training until I learn the legendary forty-two palm exploding heart technique.

besides that, yeah, other r9+12 can kill r9+12; groups of r8s can kill r9s; and you can get r9 without cashoping. and no, it wont take years. maybe i misunderstood you after all and you are not the "eat virtual rice for months" type of player but the "qq i cannot be great in a few weeks" kind. cause if you really believed what you said, you would view the r9 cashoppers as the huge wall you will have to surpass, the most difficult boss to kill, before you achieve the elite status. and just like any other boss, you might have to be extremely well geared or with a good squad.

+ 1 to this reply.
  • Kavaris_Nol - Sanctuary
    Kavaris_Nol - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Best suggestion. A pvp arena. A place for all players to go by level and when u enter your gear is stored away you are given the same gear as your competitors. Now that would be a fight! And all the r-9's would never go in there for that reason.
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    great comment to a well written thread
    this must be the rank 9 +12 fellow or a child

Sorry sir. but, how would people play with noone charging for R9 ? u know , things are not for free, servers need to be payed for, servers need devs for maintenance, and they should get payed too, since they work. Not to mention that who made this game wanted to get a bit of money too. I really don't get why someone still whine for this .

ah, i'm not R9
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    nerf the game pre tide aps craze before that dont complain about r9

r0 really while all i see is aps all over my server
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sorry sir. but, how would people play with noone charging for R9 ? u know , things are not for free, servers need to be payed for, servers need devs for maintenance, and they should get payed too, since they work. Not to mention that who made this game wanted to get a bit of money too. I really don't get why someone still whine for this .

ah, i'm not R9

Uhh servers still ran back in 09 just fine..without all the cash shopping.People spent some gold,enough to keep servers up and to make some money or the game wouldn't be available to play.It has nothing to do with keeping the servers up and running since that's never been a problem lol it's the imbalance in the cash shop.