What's a good way for a lvl 60-ish cleric to make coin?

_Ink_ - Raging Tide
_Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Cleric
I've been trying to level my cleric lately and I've run into the eternal problem on PWI, she doesn't make enough coin. And since she's pure magic, she's pretty squishy. So grinding and farming mats/herbs wouldn't really work. Is there any other reasonable way for clerics to make coin that I haven't thought of?
Post edited by _Ink_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Spirit_Healr - Sanctuary
    Spirit_Healr - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    well, apparently u have a lvl 100 veno, go farm in hell with it and send the money to ur cleric lol
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well, if your server's anything like Lost, alot of players don't take the time to level their Apothecary skills, so potions and weapon charms usually sell. I once made over 4mil while I slept by making a bunch of spell pots and selling them cheap. Granted, mat farming is a pain, but if you know what to make and where to sell it (usually best when the weekend crowd is on), you can get some fairly good coin for it. ;)
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    well, apparently u have a lvl 100 veno, go farm in hell with it and send the money to ur cleric lol

o-o I'd rather learn how to play and survive(Financially) as a cleric.

Well, if your server's anything like Lost, alot of players don't take the time to level their Apothecary skills, so potions and weapon charms usually sell. I once made over 4mil while I slept by making a bunch of spell pots and selling them cheap. Granted, mat farming is a pain, but if you know what to make and where to sell it (usually best when the weekend crowd is on), you can get some fairly good coin for it. ;)

I'll see how well she does farming, thanks for the suggestion. Since she's pure magic, I don't know how well it will go. So very squishy.b:sweat
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't see what the point is trying to survive financially as a Cleric. There isn't any real need to with a level 100 Veno. Clerics don't have any farming options besides grinding/herb farming/merchanting unless you've got some good friends. Now that they've fixed Caster Nirvana it's not as efficient as well.

At level 60, you don't really need to actively make much money; it should be pretty self-sustained through doing quests and selling drops.

From 7x-10x, you might want to farm on your Veno and use that money to gear up your Cleric. 3-4 normal nirvy runs (with all those aps sins and bms) takes maybe 15-20 minutes and would split to at least 500k - 1 mil. Clerics don't have that benefit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well, if you don't have any veno alt, go do quests on your cleric, that's the best way to earn coins b:pleased
    Insanity b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    And since she's pure magic, she's pretty squishy.
    Since she's pure magic, I don't know how well it will go. So very squishy.b:sweat

So stop grinding phys only mobs.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    tweakz wrote: »

I don't recall ever saying I was.
  • rrrandommm
    rrrandommm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    tweakz wrote: »

there ARE magical mobs that you can easily kill and earn lots of money on :) granted, my cleric is 71 now, but I've been killing magic mobs for quite a few levels to earn money :P
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't recall ever saying I was.

Have you tried grinding on poison mobs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:surrender start digging if you grinding is getting painful for you and you want to focus on your cleric, since you are on RT server you may know that the Delamari catshop group are always open on south archo, pick which are the high selling mats or herbs then go hunt em.

If you know a seeker that sells vortex leveling you may ask him if he needs a healer...some clerics I know do this and do get some good coin in the process, the seeker still gets the biggest chunk though
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It was so long ago that I was 60ish so my memory is kinda sketchy, but I do remember that at that lvl my cleric was a self-sustaining char, not to mention that at that time, I had no high lvl alts. I'd recommend supporting your cleric with your veno, because at that lvl clerics are cheap in all aspects except mana. If you don't want to or cannot do so, then it's not too big of a deal.

At the time with my 60ish cleric, I mainly got my money through quests and doing bh religiously. As a word of advice, if you're doing bh51/59/69 for BOTH coins and exp, don't bring high levels to solo it, since they tend to kill the drop rate. A lvl 60ish squad has a chance of getting nothing but coins from all three bosses in bh51, but for a lvl 60ish bh51 squad with a lvl 100 soloing, that chance is much, MUCH greater. I have gotten molds from bh51 while using a lvl 100 char, but that's more an exception than the norm.

Also, learn to manage and save mana as cleric (ex: stay out of combat mode, avoid BB like the plague, heal and only heal in squad and avoid over-healing; just give the tank enough to survive). Since you're pure mag, the mana regen should be enough to offset some of the cost for mp pots. It won't make you any money, but it'll save a lot. I rarely bought pots at lvl 60 because I was able to survive on the ones I got for free via bh or questing. Clerics BB a lot at 100, yes, but I rarely did it at lvl 60. Contrary to what your squad may say, BB is NOT necessary on Wyvern. xD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Orchid Petalii (lvl 72 mob) and Orchid Hexkisses (lvl 61 mob) are easily grindeable by a 60-70 cleric. Pull a few and AoE them with razor feathers or kill them one at a time.

Just remember to purify from time to time cause that poison stacks and it will kill you if you are too reckless.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Level 61 Foliagen Spirits drop element essences fairly well, have decent density, and there's a lot less competition for them compared to the girls in Black Mountain. There's usually a catshop in Tusk Town buying element essences at a good price, or you could fly up to Swiftwind to open your own cat shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga