Treasure Hunt Daily

IDeidara - Archosaur
IDeidara - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I see everyone talking about Treasure Hunt Map 2 and items that can be exchanged by prizes at the same NPC.

All I get is the first Map, 30k exp and 8k spirit, sometimes 25 rep and sometimes 10k coins, and I have to pay 88k for this quest.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, if I'm doing something wrong that is.
Post edited by IDeidara - Archosaur on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    In theory, there is a small chance (pwdb says 20%, but it lies) that the boss you kill at the first map will drop a map2, which will lead on to greater riches.

In practice... this basically never happens. I've not seen a single map2. Other people claim to have, and I've seen map4 on sale in catshops; but as far as I can tell, it's "Pay 90k, get 30k xp. (And about 50% of the time get 10k coin back)

Anyway - if you DO get a map 2, just do the same thing as you do with map 1; it'll be a slightly tougher boss though.

Personally; I've abandoned it' it's just a coinsink for me. (Though the xp isn't terrible)
  • Venushin - Harshlands
    Venushin - Harshlands Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It depends on your luck. You can get treasure map 2, then 3 and so on until you get map 5, wich is rare. Map 5 boss drops good stuff that you can exchange for chrono page. Other drops can be exchanged for reputation/exp and mystical tome fragment.

I recomend you to save maps 3 and 4 until 2x exp is on for better drop rate.

See ya. (>;...;)>
    "He who laughs last... is lagged!"
  • IDeidara - Archosaur
    IDeidara - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm 84, I don't really have that much money (8m, I'm a BM) is it worth getting these each day?
  • korn25
    korn25 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    is server back? coz still i cant log-in. b:cry
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Some map 1 bosses have a 5% chance to get map2, some, 10%, some 20%, some 30%. Sometimes more than 1 boss spawns, so u'll have better chance to get map2.
    Map2 bosses also have different chances to get map3, same for map3/4 bosses.
    Only when u get map4 or ultra rare map, u win (alot!).

They chances multiply, thats why the chance to win finally is low:
    example at 1x drop:

30% chance to get map2,

20% chance to get map3

30% chance to get map4

--> 0.3 x 0.2 x 0.3 = 0,012 --> just 1.8% chance to win

Well the math is finally not rly true, because one boss can drop up to 1-3 maps. Thats why the math is rly getting complicated.

At 2x drop u have the chance to get

2 x 30% chance to get 1-3x map2 (so u can get up to 6 maps, at least i heard this, i got only 4 maps at one boss till now)

2 x 20% chance to get 1-3x map3

2 x 30% chance to get 1-3x map4

--> the chances at 2x drop are WAY (!!!!) higher (sry not in mood to do math atm lol)

Even when i would get map4 or ultra rare map at 1x drop id keep it till 2x drop (12 chrono pages instead of 6 chrono pages at best bosses...).
    I made ALOT of coins at last 2x drop with selling chrono pages + g10 shards.

Btw u cant solo those bosses because the reflect dmg. Bring barb + cleric to kill them. Especiall aps classes cant handle them.
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    yup pretty much what everyone has been saying...my experience with it was when it first came out with expension and 2x drops was on i almost always at least got map2 and made it to map 4 a couple times and still havent got a map 5. I HAVE fought that boss tho and he is pretty tough and the reflect damage is a pain in the **** but just do mag damage to it (if thats an option for u) and its possible to solo.

OH and since 2x drops got turned off ive NEVER got a map2 again since :(
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    someone did all the math when it came out, turns out its only worth doing during the 2x, or else the odds of moving to the next map are just to small
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    gyroki wrote: »
    Btw u cant solo those bosses because the reflect dmg. Bring barb + cleric to kill them. Especiall aps classes cant handle them.

Aps classes can handle them just fine, if the aps person know how to play the class. But most people will spark and go head on at the boss b:chuckle b:bye

Different bosses have different drop rates, if someone posts the drop rate of each boss for each map, it is a simple calculation to see the probability of getting any map. Too lazy to do that.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    jabq wrote: »
    Aps classes can handle them just fine, if the aps person know how to play the class. But most people will spark and go head on at the boss b:chuckle b:bye

Tell that to the 5.0 +10 Deicide clawbarb that had to go to tigerform to tank.

Or the R9 +12 sin that still dies.

Of course, if you use a bow it works. If you have a barb to tank, you can just bring some casters and that'll take care of the reflect. Most of the bosses rebuff the reflect so fast that purge or a bow with Soul Shatter simply cannot keep up.
    Different bosses have different drop rates, if someone posts the drop rate of each boss for each map, it is a simple calculation to see the probability of getting any map. Too lazy to do that.

The problem is that there is an undocumented probability for a map to not spawn a boss. So the drop rates are irrelevant.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've gotten map 2 like 3 times but the boss's never drop any items I am going to start saving up maps in my bank for 2x. I wish the maps stacked but oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Onehunglow - Sanctuary
    Onehunglow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    no its not worth it--i did several & cost more than i got.
  • Kryser - Heavens Tear
    Kryser - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    treasure hunts always suck for me i usually get pretty much nothing
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mms me concur. It was awesome doing 2x, but lately the cost is just stacking up too high for very little reward. I spose if you have money to burn you could do it and bank map 3's, but for everyone else...not worth it at the moment.

I suppose that's a good thing since it will keep the price of chrono pages nice and high for when 2x comes back on.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • DillySins - Heavens Tear
    DillySins - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    gyroki wrote: »

*cough*venooranyotherrangedattackerclasswillworkmiracles*coughs*

btw, I got to a lvl 5 boss AFTER 2x, twice and walked off with a total of 16 chrono pages and 40 tome frags. That makes doing the quest worth my while for quite a few months
  • chowchowhound
    chowchowhound Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i kicked that little dude in the nuts right when he said 88k. GTFO lolfail.

wonder what months of 88k per day adds up to...like 2.7mil per month.
    i bet i could make more money starting with 10gold in 3-4 months buying and merchanting stuff

then replace the time you wasted doing that quest all those months with farming dq or tt or w/e for even more money in pocket
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    wonder what months of 88k per day adds up to...like 2.7mil per month.
    i bet i could make more money starting with 10gold in 3-4 months buying and merchanting stuff

You must not understand you pay 88k you dont get it b:chuckle. Anyway You start with 10 gold I start with nothing and a lvl 1 char. Lets see who wins at the end of the month. I bet you it will not turn out the way you think

Anyway it is just something else to do in the game for a daily quest, its fun not knowing if you will get further or not. 88k is a small price to pay for that
    b:bye
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nefertitties - Heavens Tear
    Nefertitties - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The drop rate on the treasure quest sucks, there's no way its 20 or 30% i've did it daily on 3 toons since it came out with only 1 success to map 5 and I got 4 chrono pages and 20 tome frags out of it, since then nothing. I'm really starting to think its a rip off :( b:angry
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    88k is a small price to pay for that

I disagree, whether is 88k, 1k or 100k, if you get nothing for it, its a waste.

I got to map 3 prolly 4 times and lots of map 2's. Handed the drops in for some xp and got rep. No where near worth the 88k each time so I've quit em.