Mystic Armour and Weapon Types

Zalm - Dreamweaver
Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Mystic
I imagine the question has been asked before, but I'm not gonna scavenge dead threads ten times over looking for one post that MIGHT have my answer. I have been told that Mystic summons (Chinyu, Storm Mistress, etc) stats are based on the summoners stats and gear. I was curious is this meant that if you used a Heavy Armour Mystic with weapons like axes and pole-arms and the like, would the mystic pets function better as a tank type, more-so than the normal arcane build? If I were to dump some TT70 heavy armour and axes on a mystic, would the Chinyu or Storm Mistress do that much more damage, and survive that much more damage, or would it just be a waste to make a HA/LA mystic? I was wondering, cuz I'd like to be that one guy rolling around with a chinyu that could tank equal to a veno golem. maybe not a herc, since they are crazy stated, but at least some golem type.
I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
You know what I do see?
'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
Post edited by Zalm - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No. Because being a mystic means unbelieveable mana drain, and you would not be able to heal your pet with axes. You wouldn't be able to even keep up with healing your pet with HA, honestly. Most AA mystics barely get by with pots/focus powder until 75 when they get mana food/charms. And by that time, you won't be tanking anything, you'll be supporting/DDing with a squad. :3

I guess you could experiment with restating late level, but you won't be tanking much then either and you run into the same problems as above. Mystics need every drop in their mana pool, with HA it's just far too little.

Devil is generally considered more of a DD pet, rather than a tank pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • TunaMan - Heavens Tear
    TunaMan - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No. Because being a mystic means unbelieveable mana drain, and you would not be able to heal your pet with axes. You wouldn't be able to even keep up with healing your pet with HA, honestly. Most AA mystics barely get by with pots/focus powder until 75 when they get mana food/charms. And by that time, you won't be tanking anything, you'll be supporting/DDing with a squad. :3

I guess you could experiment with restating late level, but you won't be tanking much then either and you run into the same problems as above. Mystics need every drop in their mana pool, with HA it's just far too little.

Devil is generally considered more of a DD pet, rather than a tank pet.

you forgot to mention that mystics are restricted to magic weapons only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "One day, you'll log in and you'll be the only one in sight. You'll see a couple of merchants auto-bot-spamming world chat and even then, you'll say "game is still alive and well"." - Michael_Dark, Lost City
    "Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage." - SadieMae, Lost City
  • SacredOracle - Heavens Tear
    SacredOracle - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012

This eliminates all reason to attempt a HA/Melee Mystic. Your damage would suffer with HA, and your healing ability would be just as bad. I'd roll a HA/melee Venomancer if you're interested in non-typical builds. Heavy Armor just isn't compatible to the Mystic class.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012

It also seems important to mention here that your summon's patk is influenced by your weapon's matk as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Too much bull in this thread, honestly...

You can't put axes on a mystic.
    You can go HA, and it is compatible.
    Your pets would have more hp and def.
    They would do THE SAME damage. As far as I can tell it is based on weapon attack, not magic attack. I'd double check this but obviously it's maint.

Note that their survivability wouldn't really matter all that much as you can tank yourself better than the pet can...

Note also that this is about the effects of HA on pets, not the pros and cons of going HA
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Why nerf yourself to get a pet that hits harder? Just be fail in general and watch your pet kill stuff and throw in a few heals for shts and giggles and hey presto you have your build.

I don't mean to sound rude but come on this type of question should never be asked... oh F it I meant this to sound rude...
  • t4akacentaur
    t4akacentaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    People, come on. The problems can easily be overcome by having some extra slots in your inv o.o

Just like BMs or Sins keep a spare set of gear in their inv for different situations, why can't a Mystic keep some HA gear to use for summoning pets which he can replace with AA as soon as the summoning's done?

Most probably I'll get a reply which goes something like this: 'Naaah, that's too much of effort. You'd have to wear the HA every time you want to summon a pet.'

To that I'll say: 'You wouldn't need to summon a pet many times if you summon it wearing HA' :/

Think about it.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sure you can go ha, no ones stoppig you. Your summon will have more p.def, but less m.def. hp will probably be the same, just depends on how much u would have as ha compared to aa.

Hp is a big role in pet tanking, especially if the defenses will be low. I'm not even sure if it could compare to a venos golem. Even then, a golem can't tank a team TT or at least past 1-2.

Additionally, you will be gimping your m.attack, which effects for summons dmg as well, making them deal less dmg too. All in all, ha mystic would be for your own surviving purposes, such as tw, not for better defensive summons.

And even if u still switched between ha and aa armors, it won't make up for your incredible m.attack loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
    edited March 2012
    People, come on. The problems can easily be overcome by having some extra slots in your inv o.o

Just like BMs or Sins keep a spare set of gear in their inv for different situations, why can't a Mystic keep some HA gear to use for summoning pets which he can replace with AA as soon as the summoning's done?

Most probably I'll get a reply which goes something like this: 'Naaah, that's too much of effort. You'd have to wear the HA every time you want to summon a pet.'

To that I'll say: 'You wouldn't need to summon a pet many times if you summon it wearing HA' :/

Think about it.

Ok yeah sure BMs & Sins do keep another set of gear on them for situations but they are the same gear type like LA or HA. Putting extra points into str and dex to wear a set of HA on a Mystic just to summon a pet is completely ****. If you want to tame pets and wear HA go veno not Mystic.

Mystic are a mixture of support and DD, how do you think a squad would react if you enter FF/Nirvana as a Mystic in a set of HA? I would physically break down in tears and lock myself in my wardrobe.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012

*Rolls up a newspaper* That's a bad Mr Kitty that's my chicken pot pie! b:angry *swats*
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Kai, and then do what? Tank? b:chuckle
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Why dont you go for a heavy Veno , pets are stronger than summons anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Why dont you go for a heavy Veno , pets are stronger than summons anyway

Depends on gear.

My storm mistress is stronger then my lvl 100 nix on all areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Depends on gear.

My storm mistress is stronger then my lvl 100 nix on all areas.

^^ Agree. I'm saddened by what they're doing to venos with the new rare pet, the faction base only rare skills, etc. -Storm Mistress Rocks.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Dre/mnSS - Heavens Tear
    Dre/mnSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Since this thread talks about Weapon Types...
    Anyone mind telling me which type of wep is better off for mystic? Nirvana Glaive or Wand? Or even Nirvana Magic Sword?
    Thanks in advance :D
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    r8 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Dre/mnSS - Heavens Tear3
    Dre/mnSS - Heavens Tear3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    r8 weapon.

Thanks for your answer but if I was going r8, I wouldnt ask :/
    Have a cleric and want to be able to stash nirvana wep between the 2.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Up to you then. I prefer the glaive though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    What Eo said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    lunar nirvana glaive is pretty. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I can't imagine the horror >>
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    There's a HA Mystic on Harshlands... MrGiggles just did a GV with him. ._.

Edit: Here is his gear: http://pwcalc.com/9bf8288601604bc6
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
    edited March 2012
    Ewwww.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    There's a HA Mystic on Harshlands... MrGiggles just did a GV with him. ._.

Edit: Here is his gear: http://pwcalc.com/9bf8288601604bc6

just lol. that person just killed the class called mystic.
    Why on earth would you roll a mystic to have those lame stats? Its just like rolling an aps wiz or psy. Useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Lol Doom, thats actually MrLlama, the barb from that faction I dont remember. he made that mystic and I facepalmed sooo hard >.<
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • MrLlama - Harshlands
    MrLlama - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Learn your facts before you speak you ignorance. Welcome to PM Me in game to find out way he is heavy armor. The faction was called TeamLlama btw. You know you remember it. *Spits*
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Because you were too lazy to farm a set of AA armor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Learn your facts before you speak you ignorance. Welcome to PM Me in game to find out way he is heavy armor. The faction was called TeamLlama btw. You know you remember it. *Spits*

What, do you do a daily forum search to see if your name is ever mentioned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What, do you do a daily forum search to see if your name is ever mentioned?

b:surrender actually im the lurker here and i told him about it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character