Holster weapons

Options
AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
I personally find it kinda odd that the only one able to holster it's weapon(s) is the Seeker. This happens when in idle mode, it will swing it's blade on it's back.

But now i wonder why there is no such thing introduced for any of the other classes. I would love to see this changed in the next update since it should not be hard at all to fix this. It's a small update that likely all of us would love to see. For the most it can be the same or similar as the seeker. But only a few need different way's to holster their weapons, like the sin and psy. These likely need a new way of holstering. Belt holster perhaps? The claws dont't really need a holster, but would be nice if they did have something in that direction. Likely also belt holster.

if you like this idea, please do post to make the PWI crew aware of it, pretty much forcing them to add it. It's a small but very good thing to add, one less annoyence! b:victory b:chuckle
Post edited by AnnBlackfire - Archosaur on

Comments

• Torzen - Lost City
    Torzen - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    very nice idea
    i wonder how barbs whould look whit their weapons holistend COOL!!!
    i only get chips from bh 100

never oppened a pack that dosent gives tokens

got worst luck in pwi

and i still try
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Was wondering the same thing! I wonder also why there was never a attempt on actually doing this in the first place. Can't be that hard! All those characters carry heavy weaponry but never get tired? They never really 'idle'? Should be changed!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://www.ecatomb.net/arme/staff/r100.jpg

I don't see this working... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It'd obviously look silly on some of the larger weapons, like poleaxes, polehammers and patakas.

Also, Dual axes and Dual hammers might look rather weird too.

Then there's the question as to how exactly they would do with the smaller weapons, like Daggers and Slingshots? Daggers and Slingshots are rather often holstered at waist or thigh.

Which brings us to Bows. Crossbows could be holstered in the back, explained by a magically disappearing strap, but that wouldn't work for the bow.

Also, how exactly do you suggest to do weapons like Fists and Soulspheres?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It'd obviously look silly on some of the larger weapons, like poleaxes, polehammers and patakas.

Also, Dual axes and Dual hammers might look rather weird too.

Then there's the question as to how exactly they would do with the smaller weapons, like Daggers and Slingshots? Daggers and Slingshots are rather often holstered at waist or thigh.

Which brings us to Bows. Crossbows could be holstered in the back, explained by a magically disappearing strap, but that wouldn't work for the bow.

Also, how exactly do you suggest to do weapons like Fists and Soulspheres?

I agree on the large weapons, however as I mentioned it would be a option to use the belt holster type for small weapons. This should not be looking weird at all, unless you have a fashion set that adds something to the bit to the same spot. However it may be, it should 'hover' like the seeker holster.

Crossbows and bows for that matter should be on the back as well. for crossbow the front to the bottom and the trigger part away from the character's back. This is historically most accurate and should also look great for PWI. Slingshots likely also on the belt, since these are also pretty small sized. Just should use the back of the character belt instead the front or sides.

But small weapons on the thigh as you mentioned, that would not work for blade weapons since it would rather hurt. Small dagger types may be fun to carry on the sleeves instead. not the bottom part, but the top. This would look awesom b:victory
  • mkl0011
    mkl0011 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    umm the axe/pole is carried on a bm's back when they walk, looks cool...