who thinks PWI needs to leave the game alone?

The_Stoner - Raging Tide
The_Stoner - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
i really do cuz its too fckd up now it was fun b4 and now everything is just too messed up to have any fun anymore. got a problem with me well... ofw deal with it
Post edited by The_Stoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey, I'm not even able to play the game right now since the expansion... But that still isn't a reason to get mad... It's not like they broke it on purpose... They're just trying to give us something new and sometimes well... Something happens that makes them say "oops"... But whatever it is it'll be fixed eventually... So plz try to remain calm... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PWE leaving the game alone at this point? What good would that do when the damage has already been done...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Danno - Lost City
    Danno - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The game itself is fine, besides some bugs and rubberbanding (that's very annoying). It's how PW has made it to where you are forced to CS to be able to compete. Unless you have no life and can farm constantly, as well as have a merchant up 24/7.

The game itself is still fun to play :)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This game is irreparably broken. The only thing left for PWE to do is milk everyone for their last cent, which they've been doing since they introduced packs and end-game gear in the cash shop.

It would probably cost as much money to fix this game as it would to create a new one... and why fix it when it's so horribly outdated. It's also pretty sad when games that are a decade old have better graphics than PWI.

The people that still play this a lot remind me of some of my old friends who played internet MUDs into the late 90's. Just can't let go of that nostalgia....
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The game is what you make the game.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This game is irreparably broken. The only thing left for PWE to do is milk everyone for their last cent, which they've been doing since they introduced packs and end-game gear in the cash shop.

It would probably cost as much money to fix this game as it would to create a new one... and why fix it when it's so horribly outdated. It's also pretty sad when games that are a decade old have better graphics than PWI.

The people that still play this a lot remind me of some of my old friends who played internet MUDs into the late 90's. Just can't let go of that nostalgia....

Pretty much agreed here. Unfortunately for PWE, this is their flag ship game. Meaning if it was shut down, the name "Perfect World Entertainment" would be a bit... Pointless.

While I love the content and the fact that this game could be balanced and working well... Ultimately PWE was the one who broke the game. Things like sins/5aps as well, ofc. PWE controls the boutique here on this version of the game. They control the gear players get, pretty much.

The good news is the more content added to PWI before it closes, means when a balanced low-rate PWI clone private server is opened, we will have lots of awesome-sauce content. I know there is a PWI clone server available right as we speak, but it's high rate... Takes the point of "game" out of the word "game".
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    While I love the content and the fact that this game could be balanced and working well... Ultimately PWE was the one who broke the game. Things like sins/5aps as well, ofc. PWE controls the boutique here on this version of the game. They control the gear players get, pretty much.

The content, not the graphics is what made this a great game in 09. This game has been so horribly mismanaged, it would take a hard reset and months of game tweaks to bring it back to any respectable level. The content has to be king since the graphics suck so badly.

The good news is the more content added to PWI before it closes, means when a balanced low-rate PWI clone private server is opened, we will have lots of awesome-sauce content. I know there is a PWI clone server available right as we speak, but it's high rate... Takes the point of "game" out of the word "game".

Good point.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    brett2487 wrote: »
    I think PWE needs to remove blood paint and 5.0 aps because they are to op. All of the people are making noob sins because of it. SINS = NOOBS that can only auto attack and own everything. This game is pretty much over with since the only class that can solo everything is a sin.

You sound like a newb to me.
  • ninadarling
    ninadarling Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    im almost done downloading and now i feel like i shouldnt even try to playb:cry
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2012

that just makes me sad. These people arent entirely false, but ive had fun playing this after work every once in a while for the past year and a half.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012

I tried to warn you earlier b:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012

This game is like a trainwreck.

Except, you're in one of the train cars, so it's not a matter of 'it's horrible, but I just can't look away', it's more a matter of 'I'm in the process of trying to not get smashed by the caboose, but it's happening in slow mo, so it's really awesome at the same time'.

Most likely, you won't find the game to be much fun anyway. The enjoyment of learning a class well and playing it to it's fullest is gone (which was like going to a train-based theme park). Tideborn expansion was the trainwreck, 5.0 was getting stuck inside of it, and putting endgame gear in packs in the boutique at stupid cheap prices was the slow mo part (and the ****ers locked all of the doors).

So there you have it. Try it, and if you don't have the patients to solo your way to the 40's, then grind BH's to the 80's, then grind FCC to endgame (or dump wads of cash in and just get to endgame in a few days), you'll then end up either wasting tons and tons of time and braincells merching or tons and tons of money on endgame gear.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level