50M on 3 sage skills?

krishnaya
krishnaya Posts: 47 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Mystic
I crafted 50 mysterious pages to make the Sage Mystic book from the PW botique agent. I did this many times. Now I have 3 Natures Vengence, 3 Absorb soul, 4 swirling mist, and 1 break in the clouds scrolls. This is after learning all those myself. I spent so much coin and haven't gotten devil chiyu or storm mistress!!!

Is there any other way to get those skills? Has anyone else had this much bad luck? I doubt I'll be able to sell these books either!
Post edited by krishnaya on

Comments

• IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well i got all of the Mysterious Page Books, Mainly i was buying the books in their main form usually... Cuz people sell them for even cheaper than crafting it yourself.
    Now to your question, The pets are the LOWEST chance to get ones... Just buy it off people.
    Chances:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24278
    Ya, Life's a ****.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Got demon mistress on first try. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's all luck.I do suggest though, if its in your power to farm old book pages and make books, i think u get the same books and u have less chance of it being repeated. atleast thats how I did it. Cube and maybe events like coa/pvp tournament to farm tags for pages. I got demon wood mastery for mystic on the 3rd try and comforting mist on the 4th. Never had much luck for demon rez though >_> had to buy that one
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • stormofsilence
    stormofsilence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    if you think your lucks bad, you should see mine. I've made that sage mystic book almost 30 times now and haven't gotten devil or storm. and no ones ever selling itb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    krishnaya wrote: »
    I crafted 50 mysterious pages to make the Sage Mystic book from the PW botique agent. I did this many times. Now I have 3 Natures Vengence, 3 Absorb soul, 4 swirling mist, and 1 break in the clouds scrolls. This is after learning all those myself. I spent so much coin and haven't gotten devil chiyu or storm mistress!!!

Is there any other way to get those skills? Has anyone else had this much bad luck? I doubt I'll be able to sell these books either!

I guess is just luck, I got all four summons books on the first try. Some of the skill books I got from auction you should always check. b:victory
  • /eren - Dreamweaver193
    /eren - Dreamweaver193 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i made 6 books got natures vengeance, absorb soul x2 , swirling mist, and wind in the clouds x2. i sold the wind in the clouds for 15 mill and the absorb soul for 3 mill. i then bought devil for 8mill and salvation for 10 mill b:laugh /victory I'm sage btw
    tbh there are so few mystics its easy to charge about the price you paid for the tokens or higher, even on the cheapest books. course i got my 89s(minus mistress) before tokens jumped from 10k to 14k+
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I got my sage chihyu, storm, absorb soul, swirling mist and natures vengeance b:thanks
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I got Devil Chu first try through the boutique agent not the book guy in streams

i was lucky , hes neat to have.

Storm mistress i have not tried for but will buy it next time i see it for sale

going rate on my server is 6m
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I just stalked the AH every day. Got my chiyu for 2mil, sally for 5m and mistress finally for 8m.

Too much gambling with cheap skills involved with the mysterious pages ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    krishnaya wrote: »
    Is there any other way to get those skills?

it's not like they're not trade-able.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    yea its all luck and can suck. Have all books now except sage cragglord, and took months to get both thicket and gale. biggest pain for me is trying to get sage vortex.. have gotten edged blur 5-6x now

if a demon on dreamweaver needs mistress, pm me. Its been gathering dust for months now (forgot even how or why i got it). will sell for 4m
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It took you months to get gale force? They are like constantly in the AH here, bought my sage one before I even hit 89 for like 4m! I'm missing sage mistress... I can't find it anywhere! Also missing Thicket, Cragg, Verdant Shell and Energy Leech.

I didn't buy any of mine by gambling though, just straight through the AH... I need to build up coin and stop buying books for level 70 alts D: Sage Aqua Impact for Psy for 800k... I had to buy it!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It took you months to get gale force? They are like constantly in the AH here, bought my sage one before I even hit 89 for like 4m!

Omg send one over here please ._. I been checking AH every day for Gale, there's not even one on sale x_x;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    WTT> Demon Cragglord for Demon Thicket on HL. b:avoid

Though to contribute to discussion, I've gambled books just because no one sells mystic books beyond the mysterious page ones here on HL. Ended up with these so far:

Nature's Vengence x1
    Break in the Clouds x2
    Devil Chirhyu x1
    Absorb Soul x1
    Falling Petals x2
    Rapid Growth x1
    Bramble Tornado x2
    Gale Force x3
    Cragglord x3

Zzzz...hopefully I'll get demon Thicket soon so I can switch back to trying to roll for demon Verdant Shell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have haunted the Auctioneer since lvl 70. Most of my spells I bought for 2.5 Million, I paid 10 Million for Craggy and another 10 Million for Resurrect. I have never paid more than 10 Million for any spell.

Haunting the Auctioneer leads to prolonged periods of Merchant's Funk, where the books have been attacked by Merchanters looking for a fast huge profit. You will know this has happened when you see a low-level spell going for 20 Million or better, along with the spells you need.

Even so though, 20 Million can be a lot cheaper than trying your luck, or you can just wait for the 'Merchant's Funk trend' to peter out.

Its nice if you can farm the mats or otherwise afford to make your own books. It gives a player a certain sense of satisfaction to be able to do so. But as others have said, buying them already made from the Auctioneer or from a Catshop is a lot cheaper.

If you see Wood Mastery for Mystic at any price grab it! Its an extremely elusive spell.

All I have to go is Wood Mastery, Verdant Shell, Gale Force & Thicket. b:victory

Good luck!
  • Blossorn - Lost City
    Blossorn - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    OMG OMG OMG OMGb:shocked

So many galeforces?

ive like 4 monhs looking for (DEMON) Galeforce, and Thicket, those are the only books i need to be FULLL DEMON MYSTIC

b:cuteim full safe mystic till i ge thoseb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fist i started a Cleric :lv 20 2008
    2nd a Veno: lv 81 2009
    3rd an Assassin: lv 91 (****) 2010
    4th o.0 Assassin: lv 101 (cool)
    5th Mystic FTW b:dirty
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    mystic skills on HT, are really cheap in AH. i'd suggest you to get a book clip too if you can.

the only rare/expensive one would be verdant shell, and wood mastery. i've seen it in ah 2 times for 40m+. i've been gambling books / checking ah for that skill its impossible to get.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I cant find demon thicket on HL either ...

i went ahead and bought the advanced mystical page book clip (the one that takes 180 pages), but i already had falling petals, rapid growth, and bramble tornado ... i feel like demon energy leach isnt worth wasting my coin on so trying to sell it. but relieved to finally have resurrect (and i have salvation now finally but i feel that was a waste of coin lol)

and then i found someone selling gale force after WCing a bit, so i bought that as well. i have been looking in the AH for weeks now for it, yea its like a dust bowl for books on this server as well.

I think i might rather save my coin for getting lucky break rather than waiting around for thicket to appear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I also bought the book clip for demon res/energy leech/salvation. I've found the speed boost on demon energy leech to actually be rather nice when it procs in PVP.

I think we can chalk up there being no demon thickets to there being no demon mystics rolling books besides me...and I'm gonna stop rolling PoF books as soon as I get it, lol. Or actually, we should just chalk it up to the low number of mystics in general on the server and that people would rather roll for demon dg or sage BIDS to sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    mystic skills on HT, are really cheap in AH. i'd suggest you to get a book clip too if you can.

the only rare/expensive one would be verdant shell, and wood mastery. i've seen it in ah 2 times for 40m+. i've been gambling books / checking ah for that skill its impossible to get.

I saw that Verdant Shell book in AH for 47.5m... Made me want to cry because I wanted it so bad! I got my wood mastery for about 5m, the person selling must have thought it was for veno b:thanks