Lucky Break -> Sage Gale Force

Mechsiao - Sanctuary
Mechsiao - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Mystic
Preliminary testing of lucky gale combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmNhX5S4HM

TW usage: (with 200+ energy genie)

Normal scenario needs triple spark, holy path, ad, ironguard, lucky chant, gale force. (to catch them by surprise, if you triple spark in front of them, they will holy path away or ad up)

Or if in enemy hq or above cata with tons of target, holy path, ad, ironguard, triple spark, lucky chant, gale force. insane output.

sage gale force works extremely well cuz of the 70% slow.

Lucky gale farming in map 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7B5yQhj1fM
Post edited by Mechsiao - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Is is supposed to be impressive? Would've been better with triple spark, honestly. It's a potent combo, to be sure, but posting it without any explanation is kind of silly. It's not a big surprise that 100% crit + biggest aoe in the game = decent damage in tw. Also don't see the significance of it being sage. Could you offer a bit more explanation?

That said, I don't mean to sound overly critical. It's a nice combo, to be sure--your method of presentation, with no explanation for what the intent of it was, is easy to (perhaps wrongfully) interpret as arrogance. If the video was actually yours, what kind of numbers were those? It was hard to make out with the size, though I thought I saw mostly 3.xk?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Is is supposed to be impressive? Would've been better with triple spark, honestly. It's a potent combo, to be sure, but posting it without any explanation is kind of silly. It's not a big surprise that 100% crit + biggest aoe in the game = decent damage in tw. Also don't see the significance of it being sage. Could you offer a bit more explanation?

That said, I don't mean to sound overly critical. It's a nice combo, to be sure--your method of presentation, with no explanation for what the intent of it was, is easy to (perhaps wrongfully) interpret as arrogance. If the video was actually yours, what kind of numbers were those? It was hard to make out with the size, though I thought I saw mostly 3.xk?

I saw a request some time ago for the chrono skills and decided to post the vid for a potential combo. The damage was low against most enemies as most if not all targets were full r9s while earthguards don't have their r9s yet and weapon was r8.

Sage gale force has a 100% to do 70% slow as can see from the targets moving slowly thereafter.

Just like you mentioned this is the largest aoe a mystic could probably do, as thicket has a small radius only and doesnt crit with lucky break. The -70% slow is nice as well and triple spark is not really feasible in tw as it makes you a target. Sage leech + triple spark + lucky break + gale force will cost more than 4 1/2 sparks, not possible to ironguard powder it with holy path to achieve an invincible status to get the aoe out in tw as well.

I'll probably post a video of lucky break -> weeping breeze dance soon which is the hardest hit for mystics.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ah, fair enough. Yeah, context helps, ehe. I was just confused initially. But yeah, Gale force isn't just the largest mystic aoe, it literally has the largest AoE radius of any non-genie skill. I wonder if it would be possible to time casting a skill + bramble rage at the same instant so both get crit buff?

I look forward to the latter, though. Working on both skills myself... Just so much to do. I wish you the best of luck on getting your 2nd 100 skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Sage leech + triple spark + lucky break + gale force will cost more than 4 1/2 sparks, not possible to ironguard powder it with holy path to achieve an invincible status to get the aoe out in tw as well.

Should've picked demon then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Should've picked demon then.

but you should note that sage energy leech gives additional 3 seconds antiimmobilization so you can position yourself better before popping the ironguard :D if you holy path in, you don't need the increase in movement speed from demon leech cuz holy path puts u at max movement speed
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    but you should note that sage energy leech gives additional 3 seconds antiimmobilization so you can position yourself better before popping the ironguard :D if you holy path in, you don't need the increase in movement speed from demon leech cuz holy path puts u at max movement speed

He was just pointing out the fact you could of used cloud eruption to triple spark it instead.

but sparking is dangerous either way.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Try saccing the storm mistress, single spark, then IG / Holy path/lucky break. Spark burst + lucky break is extremely quick, but still adds the equivalent of 400% magic attack to your damage you wouldn't get otherwise (and since this tactic basically just has a single goal, why not make it as strong as possible? :D).

It also throws people off because they think it's a triple spark and you're immobilized for 3 seconds. But due to TW lag it makes it look like you sparked and rushed @ the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Yeah the additional damage would be awesome and the spark will take away side effects of ig too. But what's the real role of sage gale force? An aoe disable or an aoe massive damage. Because i think other classes have better aoe outputs, and mystics are primarily cc race.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah the additional damage would be awesome and the spark will take away side effects of ig too. But what's the real role of sage gale force? An aoe disable or an aoe massive damage. Because i think other classes have better aoe outputs, and mystics are primarily cc race.

Killing them in 1 shot is the best form of CC...unfortunately our limit atm is +12 R8 (which only an idiot would +12 a R8).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Princess_Rya - Harshlands
    Princess_Rya - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Mystic will be OP b:chuckleb:victory Yeahhhh !! b:cute
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Kudos! I have a 200+ energy genie now.

Normal scenario needs triple spark, holy path, ad, ironguard, lucky chant, gale force. (to catch them by surprise, if you triple spark in front of them, they will holy path away or ad up)

Or if in enemy hq or above cata with tons of target, holy path, ad, ironguard, triple spark, lucky chant, gale force. insane output.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i realize this video is sped up but i wonder what his casting percent is ... casting comforting mist was really fast o-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    video was sped up to 1.5 times. back then i was using tt99/r8 top/savant r8 wpn/heaven helm and -9 ornaments. chnl was -69. with rapid growth and base buff it's -99.
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    I've added lucky gale farming video. It works for all map 3 mobs. If damage output it low, storm mistress' aoe can be used to complement. However, she has a certain cast time on that aoe spell.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Your vids are awesome! Thanks, and keep making them please. b:victory
  • t4akacentaur
    t4akacentaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Kudos! I have a 200+ energy genie now.

Okay, let me just say that I'm a noob upfront o.o

So let not this question surprise you:

What's 'ad', 'ironguard' and 'lucky chant'?
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    AD = absolute domain it's a genie skill
    Ironguard powder is an apothecary item made in 1k streams
    Lucky chant is a mystic lvl 100 chrono skill
  • t4akacentaur
    edited March 2012
    AD = absolute domain it's a genie skill
    Ironguard powder is an apothecary item made in 1k streams
    Lucky chant is a mystic lvl 100 chrono skill

Ohh.

Is Lucky Chant like Lucky Break?

What'sit do? :O
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well, I didn't get Lucky Break, only Weeping Breeze Dance so far, but the easiest and most efficient way you have for aoe griding in map 3 is Cragglord.
    Falling petals, pull everything, stop, get cragglord out and enjoy the massive one-shot :D.
    At least that's what I do on my mystic.
    And it isn't hard to get 2 sparks before each pull, with cloud eruption and some heals. You can chain the pulls easily, cause usually by the time you're done gathering all the mobs, Cragg's CD is over :p
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Ohh.

Is Lucky Chant like Lucky Break?

What'sit do? :O

Yea they are the same. I was using the translated name from chinese.

And cragglord works well but he is hard to position, u cant choose where he position anyway.
  • t4akacentaur
    edited March 2012
    Yea they are the same. I was using the translated name from chinese.

Ah. Thanks :)
  • TangoDancing - Heavens Tear
    TangoDancing - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    why not use Rapid Growth(max lvl = +125% mg atck ) to make even more dmg? (just wanna know)
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    why not use Rapid Growth(max lvl = +125% mg atck ) to make even more dmg? (just wanna know)

actually the best combo without spark is: leech mistress>Rapid growth>Lucky break> Gale force. Not counting with geanie skill like frenzy to increase at. lvls...b:laugh
  • /eren - Dreamweaver191
    /eren - Dreamweaver191 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ignoring all the other posts minus the question on sage (just cuz i like starting trouble) i can throw down cragglord and thicket while its cooling down twice if im lucky. this is without a genie. with a genie and my sage chi skill i can spam my 59 skills unendingly. or if im feeling violent i can near perma my triple spark. sage ftw
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    with a genie and my sage chi skill i can spam my 59 skills unendingly

The mp cost of that. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • /eren - Dreamweaver191
    /eren - Dreamweaver191 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    given the 79 skill it actually doesn't total many mp food to keep the skills going against bosses if my teams decent. then again i have like 9.5k mana. and its sooo about that pretty damage o.o
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012

the mobs had 10k hp and i was doing 11k already. so no point wasting chi, mana, and cast time to rapid growth. when so many mobs hit u, u'll die before you unleash gale force.

you can try cragglord, but it's just not consistent. if u've been grinding with cragglord, u'll know it gives you aoe problems.
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    ahh figured u might have been talking about the tw usage then. just keep that in mind that no matter what you wanna do before you gale force, it has to be done far away, cuz when enemies see you approaching, they would've already started running, defense up, or holy pathing, ad. if ur gonna run towards them, and then cast rapid growth, chances are gale force will fail (they can even mo zun u)
  • Almorada - Archosaur
    Almorada - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So do you pk a lot in general? how does that go for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TangoDancing - Heavens Tear
    TangoDancing - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    actually the best combo without spark is: leech mistress>Rapid growth>Lucky break> Gale force. Not counting with geanie skill like frenzy to increase at. lvls...b:laugh

Lech cost one spark b:chuckle