Having disconnect issues..

Options
linkism
linkism Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Since the patch this week, i have encountered problems even logging into the game. It will either time out trying to enter account, or time out trying to enter the game. I can try 5-6x and maybe make it in the game once, then the client will completely ping out and be unresponsive.
I've never had these issues before, and my net is working properly.
Any possible solutions?
Post edited by linkism on

Comments

• linkism
    edited March 2012
    Options
    C:\Users\Mike>tracert pwieast1.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwieast1.perfectworld.com [74.201.183.18]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * 14 ms gw-69-88-192-1.comwavz.com [69.88.192.1]
    2 44 ms * * 72.20.205.105
    3 45 ms 40 ms * 209.183.191.253
    4 * 40 ms * ge5-1-0d0.cir1.chicago2-il.us.xo.net [216.156.72
    .57]
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 48 ms 57 ms 62 ms ae0d0.mcr1.nyc-ny.us.xo.net [216.156.0.18]
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 115 ms * * border1.pc1-bbnet1.nyj001.pnap.net [216.52.95.9]

9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.

Here's the traceroute.. I have no idea how to diagnose this, anyone who can help?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Based on that, you have an issue starting on your local network. The connection from your PC to your router (Hop 1) should be less than 2ms response. You're losing the packet on two attempts, and the one response it does get is 14ms.

Please post system specs and your local network information and I may be able to help you fix that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linkism
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Time of this report: 3/8/2012, 22:09:39
    Machine name: MIKE-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 560
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Page File: 2189MB used, 5998MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type:
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_43501092&REV_00
    Display Memory: 2297 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 506 MB
    Shared Memory: 1791 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: DELL ST2010

WHat network information would you like?
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What security software do you use?
    What is your internet connection?
    How is your computer connected to your local network?
    How many systems are on your local network? What are they doing, ect.

That's good for starters. I can work from than and will ask more questions as we narrow it down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linkism
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I normally run MBAM and microsoft security essentials. I have tried with them off and on, neither are running atm.

I have a cable internet connection, its not super fast, but i usually have no issues.
    Using Speedtest.net I have 25ms ping, .74 Mbps down speed and .06Mbps up speed.. terribly slow.

I'm connected to a wireless router a about 10 feet below me, the room is pretty empty. My PC is using a linksys wireless adapter to connect, drivers are up to date on the adapater. (Connection to the router is strong)

There are never more than 1 PC and 2 laptops connected to the same connection, and 90% of the time only 1 computer (my PC alone atm).

The other people in the house don't do any downloading or torrents, very few downloads/uploads/streaming of videos and the like. Usually just browsing/stalking facebook.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    First thing I'd suggest would be to try a cable and see if that fixes your issues. Wireless can be really tricky. Even a PWI patch could use some other commands or whatever to mess PWI's connection via Wireless. It's weird, but I've seen it weird.

I would suspect your wireless connection. Have you updated your drivers etc? Maybe reset the router too to clear the <insert techno babble here> but it might help. :)
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • linkism
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Adding a hole in the floor isn't really an option haha. I have tried resetting the router and checking for updates for my wireless router.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lol, just use the right drill for it! Well, anyway, isn't it possible to get a cable downstairs, just for testing purpose? E.g. via the windows or stairs? Or move your PC down for half a day. I'd really like to exclude your wifi connection from this because I know it can interfere very much and there is no way you can see it.

If that all is not an option, I'd suggest changing your Wifi channel to another setting. Most likely it's set at channel 11, try changing it to 6 or 1. Your neighbours might be on channel 11 too with a stronger signal. You can't see the difference with a standard wireless network card. You gotta have some serious expensive equipment for that :)
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wireless is pretty linear. It's hard to get a good signal if the router is downstairs and your PC is upstairs.

Run something like SSID to see what other signals are in your area and what channels they are on, then choose one that isn't used. 1, 6, and 11 are most commonly used because they don't overlap.

You have MSE. Personally, it's worse than Norton. And that's saying something. There's loads of free software that is 100% more functional than MSE, won't bog your system down, and will actually protect it.

I don't know what MBAM is.

With internet that slow, pretty much any video streaming at all will kill your PWI connection. Especially with wireless. (Most household routers don't have the memory overhead for a stream and wireless connections at the same time.) Also, as Ukkie mentioned, the client really doesn't play well with wireless. The encryption algorithm requires a constant connection and that can get screwed up with the round-robin method wireless routers use. There is some buffer to account for lost packets, but when you add normal lost packets to the time delay with signal rotations, it can be too much for the client to recognize an active connection.

Definitely though, from your traceroute, your initial problem is between your PC and your router, and that's your wireless connection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linkism
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I understand, but my wireless shows a pretty strong signal despite my weak connection. Nothing has changed in the last week on my end. MBAM=malware bytes antimalware. I freshly installed windows the other night after encountering issues since i have everything backed up anyways.

Streaming videos does strain the connection pretty good, normally puts me between 2-4k ping. I tried a few different channels, I suppose I'll try a few less common channels and perhaps even try a spare router i have.

While i'm having these issues i have monitored the router log to assure there is nothing connected other than my PC. I understand what you're saying, I guess what i really dont understand is how i suddenly have a problem after playing from the same situation with multiple clients and no issues. Even with multiple clients up the only ping issues i have are with v ent, i still maintain a good connection to the game.