and a foxwing supreme i don't use it
I want to keep the glacia but what would be a good replacement for the other 2
FOR A LV80 VENO!
Post edited by II_DevilNeko - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The good pets are mostly low level... which means you'll have to grind a lot to bring them up to your level.

What purpose do you want the other pets to fill? Hard to give any advice when we don't know what you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Nirita - Dreamweaver
    Nirita - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hi!

You can compare pets at http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php Is a list
    of pet stats at lvl 100, then you can select one and lvl it. If you want one now can
    choose the armored bear (big rare white bear) is lvl 80 but his stats are not the
    best. If u want lvl up one pet could choose the Dark Wanderer is a good DD and
    can be tank too, shaodo cup (small white bear) is the free best tank but have some
    problems with his low damage.

I hope this info will be usefull.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hi!

You can compare pets at http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php Is a list
    of pet stats at lvl 100, then you can select one and lvl it. If you want one now can
    choose the armored bear (big rare white bear) is lvl 80 but his stats are not the
    best. If u want lvl up one pet could choose the Dark Wanderer is a good DD and
    can be tank too, shaodo cup (small white bear) is the free best tank but have some
    problems with his low damage.

I hope this info will be usefull.

Crystaline mag is the best free tank pet not the shadou and the glacial walker is right up there with the crystaline mag..i honestly don't know where some of you got that shadou is best tank pet

this at lvl 17

Crystalline Magmite 17 (486 967) hp 3259 3903 p.def 9792 m.def 6528 1504 1114 0.6 6.3

now shadou at lvl 20
    Shaodu Cub 20 Rare pet 3499 2276 p.def 8460 m.def 8460 1833 1444 0.8 7.5

by time crystaline mag reaches level 20 it is quite a bit better at level 20 than the shadou at level 20 HP will be about the same but p.def is much better on the crystaline mag. shadou makes a bit better for magic but bosses are mostly physical anyways. I used crystaline mag til i was 86 and managed quite a few bosses and solo'd TT with it. wouldn't hurt to have both...shadou is excellent for pulling
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Best would be to check http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/pet_database.php

I suppose herc or a pet with similar buffs (that cost 15mil+ each) is out of the range.

So purely on base stats :
    Magmite, glacial walker or shaodo cub = pretty good tank, good for solo stuff.
    Scorpion = best DD, but super squishy.
    Dark wanderer = good DD, but still able to tank well. Probably the best free pet to use in squads.
    Armored bear = decent tank, advantage of being lvl80. Coolest looking pet imo.
    Eldergoth marksman/sharpshooter = ranged pet (if no attack skills) and still ok tank.
    Kowlins are cool and super fast, I don't know why you hate it b:sad

Anyway, those are the most commonly used pets I think. In any case, never have your main pet get to far behind on lvl. If you are 5 lvls higher then your pet, they will have bad aggro, low damage for squad and will be squishy for your bh/whatever you do.
    shadou makes a bit better for magic but bosses are mostly physical anyways.

This is a very old debate. Some say like you that bosses are mostly physical so a rockman would be best tank, which is true. Others say that it's the magical attack that is actually dangerous so bear is better, this is also true. In the end, I think it's more personal preferance then anything else. Tanking ability pretty much equal, the rockman is horribly slow and rather big so you have to shift-click mostly while the bear has pretty low attack and doesn't come with "attack skills" either.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Kowlins are cool and super fast, I don't know why you hate it

it is just that...cool and super fast but very squishy when trying to pull bosses...I just use my herc to pull anymore...kowlin never gets used anymore but I have to keep it just to show him off b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    it is just that...cool and super fast but very squishy when trying to pull bosses...I just use my herc to pull anymore...kowlin never gets used anymore but I have to keep it just to show him off b:chuckleb:chuckle

I doubt that comparing kowlin to herc is fair though. To make a fair comparaison on that point : my eldergoth marksman with bless + protect + strong pawns my herc on several fields. Imagen the day it will get claw...

Bottom-line : no pet with base skills can be compared to a pet with attack/mag def/phys def/hp buffs.

If you compare it to other pets, yes, kowlin is a bit squishy, but fast, decent damage and comes with decent skills. It does perfectly fine as main pet of a veno that doesn't have the intention to get herc (or a herc-like pet by getting buff skills) for many millions.
  • Ruquel - Dreamweaver
    Ruquel - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Personally i like this reference the most if i want to compare pet-stats

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Ultimate_Pet_List
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The Ultimate Pet List only shows pet stats at tame level. There are a few pages linked from there that show pet growth (I'm slowly adding to these.)

Ecatomb's Pet Stat and Pet Simulator pages let you compare pets at various levels, but only have a limited selection of pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well i got a lv 75 glacia
    and a lv 64 kowling but its not good
    and a foxwing supreme i don't use it
    I want to keep the glacia but what would be a good replacement for the other 2
    FOR A LV80 VENO!

I got the same pets as you... LVL76 werefox that have
    LVL76 walker, it helps me solo pure physical mobs and certain bosses with ease
    LVL76 Kowlin, That pet is the most reliable to me, that is my main pet here, yet it DDs and does very very well against level "?" mobs with it's flesh ream and some nice debuffs for starters.
    LVL76 Foxwing supreme is just a DD pet here, slapping on thunderbolt and flesh ream. I may use different skills
    LVL76 LVL76 eldergolth sharpshooter, good for magic or things that AOE, which helps solo
    LVL70 undine as a DD water pet

It's not the pet, it is what skills you are using on your pets... Unless you have a herc which will make things a lot easier for you.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • FantasyFruit - Dreamweaver
    FantasyFruit - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I would just use a Glacial Walker because it is like the Crystaline Magmathing but it looks better.