Account selling is now allowed by PWE?

scammed1
scammed1 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Well, any GM gimme a straight answer? I reported a person for account selling scamm, waited 6-7 days for a reply to the ticket in which it was implied the person will get banned, and now I see that same person selling a genie in world chat. So, the question is : is account trading allowed by PWE? If it is, please say so and open account trades in forum and provide us with a safe way to do it. If it's not, why aren't reported sellers (AND scammers) banned?
Post edited by scammed1 on

Comments

• Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I think he wasnt banned because there was no evidence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I think he wasnt banned because there was no evidence

There is ALWAYS evidence. Remember when you logged in it used to tell you what IP address you were logging from? If an account always logs from the same city, then suddenly one day they make a report they were scammed/****/or an account was sold and it is suddenly logging in at an entirely different state or country, that is evidence enough that the account has changed hands.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wasn't last WEEK.... b:bye

Isn't This WEEK.... b:dirty

& Sure as all H*** Won't BE Next WEEK either......b:kiss

Or 4ever For that matter.....b:chuckle
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    There is ALWAYS evidence. Remember when you logged in it used to tell you what IP address you were logging from? If an account always logs from the same city, then suddenly one day they make a report they were scammed/****/or an account was sold and it is suddenly logging in at an entirely different state or country, that is evidence enough that the account has changed hands.

maybe s/he moved?
    or visited friends/relatives?
    or used a vpn?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    scammed1 wrote: »
    Well, any GM gimme a straight answer? I reported a person for account selling scamm, waited 6-7 days for a reply to the ticket in which it was implied the person will get banned, and now I see that same person selling a genie in world chat. So, the question is : is account trading allowed by PWE? If it is, please say so and open account trades in forum and provide us with a safe way to do it. If it's not, why aren't reported sellers (AND scammers) banned?

No, they are probably just being more careful ever since that one faction blew up the forums everyday for several days whining for their friend to be unbanned because he only mentioned he was "thinking of selling his account," and hadn't actually made any attempt to sell it. You would think they could tell the difference between WTS X account, and "I'm thinking about selling my account. Is that allowed?" but whatever. They do however take account banning pretty serious and I've heard of people who were permabanned for doing it, so I wouldn't bother even trying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Drama - Lothranis
    Drama - Lothranis Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    scammed1 wrote: »

is this PinkME or his wife? The guy didn't get banned becuase you guys scammed him and took his money and items (so I am told by tons of people that is what happened)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    is this PinkME or his wife? The guy didn't get banned becuase you guys scammed him and took his money and items (so I am told by tons of people that is what happened)

lol.

/extrachars
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    maybe s/he moved?
    or visited friends/relatives?
    or used a vpn?

Ok lets think this out rationally alright. Follow me here. If an account OWNER says that they got scammed or **** and the account is logged into from another city... then its evident who got the account. If someone sends in a ticket showing via world chat that someone has bought an account, then there is evidence. Therefore if someone goes to visit friends or relatives or moves there would be no record of a ticket saying they were ****/scammed out of their account since I'm pretty sure a person knows when they move and that they are simply logging in elsewhere and there is no reason to report themselves for using their own account.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Wasn't last WEEK.... b:bye

Isn't This WEEK.... b:dirty

& Sure as all H*** Won't BE Next WEEK either......b:kiss

Or 4ever For that matter.....b:chuckle

This...

No game developers will allow their gamers to sell and trade accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Aaaaaaand closed.

Discussing private communications with support is not allowed.

Per the ToS, Account selling is not allowed and further, determination as to whether a violation has occurred is at the descretion of PWI. AND Support will never discuss with you the status of an account you don't own.

b:bye
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
This discussion has been closed.