Computer Crashing

Options
bellafa
bellafa Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Hi,
I have submitted tickets, but have had no reply for two weeks, so I thought I would post here and see if anyone can guide me to fix my problem.

Starting about a month ago, my computer would freeze up when changing characters. This would happen only occasionally and the freeze would show strange graphics on the monitor which look like multiple small screens running horizontal across the screen with a slight diagonal tilt.

Lately I have been getting both a BSOD or the same graphic error, both of which crash the computer. I usually get these when choosing a character or switching between characters although in full Delta the other day, I had the graphic lockup occur 3 times.

In the last 2 days, I have only been able to get pasted the character selection screen without BSOD once.

This problem only happens with PWI, I can use my computer without errors for everything else.

I have updated drivers, rolled back drivers, ran my anti virus, ran my spyware & malware programs. I'm pretty much at wits end now. Any ideas how to fix this?
Post edited by bellafa on

Comments

• Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear you had no reply to your ticket, but I'm sure PWI is doing their utmost best to respond to it anyway *cough*

This sounds like your graphics card has had it's best time. Could you post more information on your configuration? E.g. what type of Graphics card you have (model number etc.) and what kind of CPU/Motherboard you? That would be quitte helpful diagnosing your system. :)
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • BellaNyx - Raging Tide
    BellaNyx - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    HP Pavillion KQ489AAR-ABA s3500f
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5400+ 2.8GHz
    3966mb RAM
    Windows Vista 64bit (6.0, build 6002)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Any other info needed plz let me know. Thanks!
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear you had no reply to your ticket, but I'm sure PWI is doing their utmost best to respond to it anyway *cough*

This sounds like your graphics card has had it's best time. Could you post more information on your configuration? E.g. what type of Graphics card you have (model number etc.) and what kind of CPU/Motherboard you? That would be quitte helpful diagnosing your system. :)

you sir,both you and pwi tech support are full of ****

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop PC:
    AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 processor - 3.60GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
    8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory - Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
    1TB SATA hard drive - Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more
    24x DVD+/-R/RW drive - Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
    10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet - Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 Graphics - With 1GB video memory, DVI, HDMI and VGA capabilities

thats my computer...

and ive been having computer lockups and crashes

so the only logical thing remaining is pwi itself is faulty

(btw dont even think about saying my connection is mussed up.i can stream hd movies while playing xbox live and streaming music,all at the same time with multiple devices hooked up to my router)
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You sir, need to learn to reply polite :)

I have a Dual Quadcore Xeon system with 20 GB ram and I sometimes have lockups...

You need to understand computers and software are a hugely complex interacting system in which things can turn bad pretty easy. It doesn't really depend on how much money you spend on your computer.

And because you are having weird issues it must be PWI? C'mon, really... First thing we gotta figure out if TS his system is running OK. Because if YOU load your computer with all kinds of shtty software it will be slow as hell.

Ow and you need to grasp a concept called "sarcasm" which I cleverly used to refer to PWI Tech Support.

Anyway, back on topic! I assume you tried a verify of the Game from the patchscreen? If not, please do so (I know, it takes long and it sucks, but it's the first PWI Tech support will ask too). You might need to try it a couple of times. It could be certain files are mismatch or corrupted somehow.

-edit-

FYI, I've been a system admin for about 10 years now, so I think I know a bit about the subject of computers. ;)
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire