HACKER and will Pwi stop him?

Options
Denna_Roses - Dreamweaver
Denna_Roses - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Oh tuesday morning my boyfriend account was ****. He was **** when someone told him about this Pwi site. Which was buged so you put down your info and this person can change you email and password. I wasn't the first person to find out. My 3 marshal saw the hacker log onto my boyfriend account, demote my character to marshal and change our slogan to *Vote now on the website listed* I'm not putting down the web site. He was on for 3 hour doing this. My memeber said they all reported this. Which I am thank full for them. After he log off, I log on 4 hour later. Everyone telling me what happen. I rushed over to log onto my boyfriend account and password for both his account were changed.....

Yesterday, my boyfriend, SUSHl talk to the hacker for 2 hour. Now where was I? Clicking the damn **** butten every 5 min! b:angry No one came, no one stoped him. I sent in two reported and no one has talk to me. Me and my boyfriend have play this game for 2 1/2 years. Me, him and 20 other people I have talk to say their quieting after this. If this is not fix, what the point of playing when you lvl 101 Sin you work so hard for is gone. 97 barb prob has no armor, and other people that we knew getting **** and losesing gear that they work for.

What buggs me the most was he sold fastion I got for my boyfriend for him birthday for 2 mil in AH. I knew it was his cause of the Hunter green color I used 52 randoms to get. Alot of killing and digging to get it that way and it was sold for 2 mil....
We also found out from a friend, that he try to sell my boyfriend helemt to her for 20 mil.

So Pwi what you gonna do? I have sent the reports, even had friend and faction member report as well. I see if I don't pay enough, I'm not worth the time.
I have even Wc and got told, well you shouldn't been so dumb to go on the site.

I just want same answer Pwi, will this be fix or not. I may or may not like your answer, but at lest it an answer..........

Thank you for your time
Denna_Roses
Post edited by Denna_Roses - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Doubt they will do anything, its completely his fault, wouldn't even call this hacking, he willing gave up his info, sorry for your loss =/.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes. Send in a ticket and they will most likely ban the person who did it. They have been cracking down on hackers lately. Although they wont replace what has been stolen.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    He was **** when someone told him about this Pwi site. Which was buged so you put down your info and this person can change you email and password.

pwi kinda did something to stop them. they had a reset note sale so your bf could restat and put more points to intelligence

it's sad, but if you give the keys of your house to strangers it's your fault if they steal your stuff.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Guys, although it seems like the OP's boyfriend gave the house key away but still, should be more sympathetic towards their plight as he was misled and decieved by such a sinister scheme.

I really hope your boyfriend gets everything back, otherwise all that hard work would be in vain, tragic :(
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    "He was **** when someone told him about this Pwi site" His own greed, if you want free items you will be scammed, simple as that, as long as there are people like that "hackers" will prevail!
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    "I rushed over to log onto my boyfriend account"

You also just admitted on the public forums that you guys share accounts. I am sorry that this has happened, but being more careful couldn't hurt.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    "He was **** when someone told him about this Pwi site" His own greed, if you want free items you will be scammed, simple as that, as long as there are people like that "hackers" will prevail!

This.

There are so many cases of "**** accounts" on Dreamweaver it is astonishing.
    Hard to feel sympathetic towards people who get fished by obvious shady site that promises free gold. There have even been number of people warning on world chat not to go to that specific site--yet people still go there and "get ****".

Only "fixing" anyone needs is their common sense, which I doubt PWI can help you with.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Its not hacking, he shared his account, therefor he should be banned.

If I give my car keys to a thief and my car gets stolen by the guy a gave the keys to,
    whos fault is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Oh tuesday morning my boyfriend account was ****. He was **** when someone told him about this Pwi site. Which was buged so you put down your info and this person can change you email and password. I wasn't the first person to find out. My 3 marshal saw the hacker log onto my boyfriend account, demote my character to marshal and change our slogan to *Vote now on the website listed* I'm not putting down the web site. He was on for 3 hour doing this. My memeber said they all reported this. Which I am thank full for them. After he log off, I log on 4 hour later. Everyone telling me what happen. I rushed over to log onto my boyfriend account and password for both his account were changed.....

Yesterday, my boyfriend, SUSHl talk to the hacker for 2 hour. Now where was I? Clicking the damn **** butten every 5 min! b:angry No one came, no one stoped him. I sent in two reported and no one has talk to me. Me and my boyfriend have play this game for 2 1/2 years. Me, him and 20 other people I have talk to say their quieting after this. If this is not fix, what the point of playing when you lvl 101 Sin you work so hard for is gone. 97 barb prob has no armor, and other people that we knew getting **** and losesing gear that they work for.

What buggs me the most was he sold fastion I got for my boyfriend for him birthday for 2 mil in AH. I knew it was his cause of the Hunter green color I used 52 randoms to get. Alot of killing and digging to get it that way and it was sold for 2 mil....
    We also found out from a friend, that he try to sell my boyfriend helemt to her for 20 mil.

So Pwi what you gonna do? I have sent the reports, even had friend and faction member report as well. I see if I don't pay enough, I'm not worth the time.
    I have even Wc and got told, well you shouldn't been so dumb to go on the site.

I just want same answer Pwi, will this be fix or not. I may or may not like your answer, but at lest it an answer..........

Thank you for your time
    Denna_Roses

Your boyfriend screwed himself. He got what he deserved for being stupid. I hate to be harsh but how many times do the GMs, game Admins, experienced players, etc. have to warn against going to 3rd party sites promising free ****? To paraphrase Frankie the only free **** anyone is going to get is your **** to the hacker. PWI should never compensate any player for being stupid. What the hell kind of game would we have if the game admins did?

Tell your boyfriend he just got a valuable learning experience. Don't expect any sympathy or compensation from anyone for making poor choices in the game or in life in general. Just have to eat it and make better choices.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Submit a ticket and get a password reset done and he can get his account back.

Hopefully he has now learned not to EVER put his account information anywhere but where you put it to log into the game and the forums.

As for if he can get any of his items or coin that was probably taken by the hacker, well I've heard conflicting stories on that. Some people have said they have had their accounts restored after something like this and some say PWE does nothing. GMs however have said (back during the SoT dube) that all item transactions are monitored so in theory they can restore any items/coins that left the account during a certain time and investigate who they were traded to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I like how people have to point out how long they've been playing, in hopes that it will change everything. "My boyfriend was dumb enough to give his info to this pwi site!"
    "Sucks bro"
    "oh but we've been playing 2.5 years!!!"
    "OMG OMGOMGOMG SEND A TICKET QUICK GMS WILL REFUND ASAP"

uhhh. doesn't work that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As I like to say, hacking takes talent, scamming just requires stupid people. It's pretty basic stuff, if you don't want your stuff stolen, don't go to shady sites. Don't share your log in. Always check the URL to make sure you're on the official site before logging in.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not sympathetic. It sucks that people are getting their stuff stolen. It sucks that there are people out there just looking to steal. But it's no one else's responsibility to protect your account.

Your boyfriend most likely won't get his stuff back. It's difficult to blame PW for not wanting to refund items just because some players are dumb enough to go giving out their info.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    A Mod should put up a Stickie saying something about this.. Idunno why people even get fooled by those sites, I mean the internet isn't THAT new.. I mean come on.
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Please have your boyfriend contact support from his accounts registered email address. While I understand your desire to help, we cannot discuss his account in a ticket sent by you.b:surrender

Additionally:

Please, PLEASE, do not go to third party websites. Even if they're offering you millions of coins, a new flyer, and their first born, DON'T DO IT!

The best way to keep your account safe is by not sharing your info with ANYONE. Not your family (unless you are under 18- your parent/guardian should know), not your friends, not your in game husband/wife- NO ONE. The only person who needs to know your password is you.

NEVER go to third party websites, or even websites advertising private servers- you could be putting your info in to a phishing scheme.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS! I know you all are smart, conscientious players so help spread the word about not going to phishing sites! Together, we can keep accounts safe and secure! b:victory

Now, I'm closing this up because OP's bf needs to contact support.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
This discussion has been closed.