Would you do 9 Trials if...

Sagek - Sanctuary
Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
So, I really want to do trial runs, but having enough people on at the sametime is tough with the faction Im in. So I was thinking and came up with the idea of how to maybe do trial runs and meet everyone on the server. So my question is if you were asked to be part of a trial run, would you join that faction for the sole purpose of just running the trial, you didn't have to stay in the faction the whole thing would be just for the run, BUT the kicker all drops go to the faction members only.

How much would you ask to be compensated for that?

And if you did decide you wanted to stay in the faction, think of the trials as a proving ground.
Post edited by Sagek - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    kinda dumb. get your faction together, there has to be a middle point. Boss drops always goes to faction, if you are highly interested in farming your recast, get your **** together or join a different faction that can run all 9 smoothly. There should be no compensation involved because YOU are being taken, your 1 chest is enough.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I moved one of my alts over to a 9 trials faction.

Problem is, they all are in another time zone, so right after I get home from work, they finish up the trial that they do for that day. b:cry

Sometimes, on the weekends, I can get two or three in if TW doesn't turn trial plans upside down.

Ironic thing is... One of the other factions I'm in does Trials at pretty much the same time >_>

Can't win either way.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    thats a stupid idea

try to get more acive people for your faction, might be better

we do trials several times a week on and off schedule (different times for different time zones)
    the dropped mats are being sold inside faction at the end of the week and coins are being sent to those who participated
    this kinda makes up for the missing TW pay, not to mention the reward you get anyways

now with bigger squads the occatioal lack of clerics is not an issue anymore

im at 210k reputation thanks to BH and Trial xd
    i like potato
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I would do it - if i could join a faction with two alts at same time. Doing trials with only one toon at same time isnt worth to do. Tbh id only join with bm, sin, barb or cleric. Joining with e.g. my seeker would eat my profit (which would be already lame in 95% of all runs, memorial coin and round shield medals sell for just 26/60k each on lc server.

I made already a thread that they have to increase the chance to get the rare mats - or give us another way to obtain them.

On lc server 1 piece of R8r(ecast) is more than half price of 1 piece of R9 armor (= 100 gold = 140m) and R9 is WAY better (because of set bonus).

Costs of 1 piece r8 recast armor:
    999 mem coins = 26m
    200 rsm = 18m
    15 oriores= 15m
    10m fee__________
    74m

Atm i know only ppl which go for R8r chest and weapon. It is/was a coin sink.. some ppl spent already more than a billion coins to get int on chest and always failed till now. Most ppl stopped doing it already.

U'll have to deal with it that less ppl will join trials in future. Its devs fault (or management/admins fault which dont kick their ***).
    1. We need another source for the rare R8r mats
    2. Trials shouldnt have a timer. If a faction is strong enough they should be able to finish it faster. 20-30mins per run is more than enough for just 312k coins minus repair/pot costs.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    gyroki wrote: »
    I would do it - if i could join a faction with two alts at same time. Doing trials with only one toon at same time isnt worth to do. Tbh id only join with bm, sin, barb or cleric. Joining with e.g. my seeker would eat my profit (which would be already lame in 95% of all runs, memorial coin and round shield medals sell for just 26/60k each on lc server.

I made already a thread that they have to increase the chance to get the rare mats - or give us another way to obtain them.

On lc server 1 piece of R8r(ecast) is more than half price of 1 piece of R9 armor (= 100 gold = 140m) and R9 is WAY better (because of set bonus).

Costs of 1 piece r8 recast armor:
    999 mem coins = 26m
    200 rsm = 18m
    15 oriores= 15m
    10m fee__________
    74m

you math is wrong, 1 piece of r9 = 14 tokens +2 medals = 70 gold +50 gold = 120 gold, at current gold prices, gold costs about 1.4 after AH fee so 120 x 1.4 = 168mil
    If you bought the 5 pack of medals and sold 3 , then you paied 20 gold per medal so its 110 gold per piece isntead which is 154mil

Cost of 1 r8 recast armor (using your prices listed)
    999 mem coins X 26 = ~26mil
    200 rms x 60 = 12mil
    15 ori x 1mil = 15mil
    10mil fee

Total = 63mil

So you can actually make about 2.5 pieces of r8 recast for 1 r9 armor piece...
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited March 2012
    Well your kinda both wrong since armour is 9 plat ores not 15 ori's. can pick up plat ores for less than 500k each on HT
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    Well your kinda both wrong since armour is 9 plat ores not 15 ori's. can pick up plat ores for less than 500k each on HT

Makes r8 recast even less than by about 10mil in that case, you can get 3 r8 recast for 1 r9 piece then XD.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012

^This.

15 Oricalcums are for recasting the weapons only.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sry mixed some numbers up (and pt ores with ori ores), but my essential point is still true. Because u all forgot that normally everyone has at least to reshape the chest several times before u get proper stats for ur class (even if u dont want int).

For a vit build barb its e.g. **** to get dex, mag, chan, mp, hp recovery, eva or pdef. Only phys/mag dmg taken, str, vit, int, mdef (and maybe crit) would be useful. Id say u most likely will double or tripple ur costs when u reshape till u have "ok stats".
    And u dont have to reshape r9 to get proper stats.

And btw, on lc server u cant get plantinum ores for 1m each. And its rare to get damascene ores for 10-12m. Normall ppl want 15-20m for them. Id wish damascene orbs u can get with warrior seals wouldnt be bound. They r even not tradable by account stash.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    I don't see how it's a dumb question..

I figure I'm not going to leave my faction., I like it too much. so I have to come up with alternatives to finding people to run trials. Coming up with idea of hiring people to do the run would be no different then paying someone for Head's, but I would need high lvls and in order to get them to do anything for a stranger you typically have to pay.

So WCing for people to join and get paid for a run, would be an alternative.. the only thing I see as being the real issue is people not wanting to leave their faction, or running into a wave of super low lvl alts.

as far as the drops are concerned they are more for my faction mates than me. I just want to have fun doing HUGE runs and if paying means I can accomplish that then **** it, I rather waste $20 to have a ton of people together having fun and being an active community than waste it on packs or some **** like that.

what would be a good min lvl?
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    If your gonna pay people i wouldn't accept anyone under lv 100 and with a decent wep (lunar or higher maybe?)
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Face it, if your faction does not have enough players, you either need to work on getting more, or you need to work on joining a real faction if you want regular TW and Trials.

Just don't even go near paying for Trails.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tbh I don't see that working out at all. The people that want to do farm trials are in the big TW factions that run them regularly. Or in Xeon (a faction dedicated to trials on our server).

The ones that would want to do them but can't will mostly be players from small factions. Most likely family-type of players that doesn't go for top-notch gears.
    Or the people who can't get into a big active faction for personality reasons.

However... I know where you're coming from, Sagek. But that doesn't belong here on a public forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So, I really want to do trial runs, but having enough people on at the sametime is tough with the faction Im in. So I was thinking and came up with the idea of how to maybe do trial runs and meet everyone on the server. So my question is if you were asked to be part of a trial run, would you join that faction for the sole purpose of just running the trial, you didn't have to stay in the faction the whole thing would be just for the run, BUT the kicker all drops go to the faction members only.

How much would you ask to be compensated for that?

And if you did decide you wanted to stay in the faction, think of the trials as a proving ground.

As far as I'm concerned, if a Faction ever asked Outsiders to join them so they could finally get a chance to begin too run the trials, those Runs better be {FREE & EQUAL} drop rites, for everyone on the trials.....b:thanks

And Not just the Arrogent 'Gold Digger' Scumbags, from the very 'Faction' who forgot that they had to ask for outside help, in the first place......
    b:chuckle

I'm talking especially a (Full On) FreeDrop here, if they continued to ask you to help them all the time (Non-Stop) rather then the occasional help... And Not a Measely supposed 'Bank Run'......
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    The ones that would want to do them but can't will mostly be players from small factions. Most likely family-type of players that doesn't go for top-notch gears.
    Or the people who can't get into a big active faction for personality reasons.

Thats who I was thinking this might appeal most too.

@seitori: that would be the point of Compensation so that people like yourself felt it was worth their while, instead of being upset they did not get any drops.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thats who I was thinking this might appeal most too.

Well... the problem is that those small players wouldn't really think about it. They like their family. More than any profit. If they wanted to be big players, they'd join a big fac.
    As for the other group... I guess the same reasons that prevent them frpm getting into a big fac apply to the trial faction. It's most likely people you don't want to be around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Well... the problem is that those small players wouldn't really think about it. They like their family. More than any profit. If they wanted to be big players, they'd join a big fac.
    As for the other group... I guess the same reasons that prevent them frpm getting into a big fac apply to the trial faction. It's most likely people you don't want to be around.

Yea that faction only requisite for 9 trials is a pain.. And thats one reason i want to make it where there is no string attached as far as the joining the faction.
  • Killvine - Raging Tide
    Killvine - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    kinda dumb. get your faction together, there has to be a middle point. Boss drops always goes to faction, if you are highly interested in farming your recast, get your **** together or join a different faction that can run all 9 smoothly. There should be no compensation involved because YOU are being taken, your 1 chest is enough.

lolwut? Leave a faction and a large group of friends because not all of them are 80+ with good gear? THIS is what's wrong with PWI these days
    I don't see how it's a dumb question..

I figure I'm not going to leave my faction., I like it too much. so I have to come up with alternatives to finding people to run trials. Coming up with idea of hiring people to do the run would be no different then paying someone for Head's, but I would need high lvls and in order to get them to do anything for a stranger you typically have to pay.

So WCing for people to join and get paid for a run, would be an alternative.. the only thing I see as being the real issue is people not wanting to leave their faction, or running into a wave of super low lvl alts.

as far as the drops are concerned they are more for my faction mates than me. I just want to have fun doing HUGE runs and if paying means I can accomplish that then **** it, I rather waste $20 to have a ton of people together having fun and being an active community than waste it on packs or some **** like that.

what would be a good min lvl?

80+ would be a good level because anyone 80+ can enter...100 people ca enter, so there's no reason to raise it. Honestly, after hearing this, if we were on the same server I'd hook you up with one of my many many alts,probably my archer since it's got the PvE gear. I do happen to have a wizzy on Sanc, if the times match up and you were ok with the idea we could level it strictly for trials, I'd just have to know if times worked out and such, granted, RT busniess comes first. Also, notifications would be needed, obviously. If you're interested, let me know, I'll give my items from the chest to whomever needs them as well, since it's on an entirely different server.
    Face it, if your faction does not have enough players, you either need to work on getting more, or you need to work on joining a real faction if you want regular TW and Trials.

Just don't even go near paying for Trails.

Real faction doesn't mean TW/trial faction. REAL faction means they all get along and work together to develop each others skills and get to know how everyone works. Real factions teach other people and are in turn taught by the same person. Just because a faction has a lot of 90+ (90 because of recent map resets) doesn't mean it's real, could just mean it's a large group of people with a common goal, but then it's more of a cult?

My god, what's wrong with you people?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Don't all end-game factions do daily trials runs? I don't do them but I know my faction does them at least once a day, religiously...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The only problem with this potentially, is that once these Trial runners are in, and you beat each boss in the trials occordingly, there's no way to tell for sure any of them will be trustworthy. Meaning, they could loot after the bosses and not give it to your faction. You can try and hire people for this, but there'd be a huuuge trust issue, in my opinion.

(Unless there's something that protects these mats from leaving the faction that I'm unaware of)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861