When are we getting..

DeadlySniper - Lost City
DeadlySniper - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Unbind charms, CN has them, why can't we?

Opinions?b:bye
Post edited by DeadlySniper - Lost City on

Comments

• TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    /inb4 QQ about scammers selling used charms

On a more serious note, would be nice to be able to unequip them when you don't need them, personally I don't really mind either way - it doesn't bother me too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It's not gonna happen

Frequently Made Suggestions: Check here before posting!

Unbinding charm/service/item/npc should be available

At this time there is no plan for Perfect World International to offer an unbinding service as it runs contrary to express purposes of selling binding charms. Please remember that binding the items serves more than the purpose of preventing your gear from being dropped in PK, it also prevents other from selling your item/keeping your item if your account is compromised. Selling unbinding services would remove this protection. Please take the decision to bind items seriously and make sure you are comfortable NOT selling the item before binding your gear. If you want to protect yourself from dropping in PK, there are other options available to you including Guardian scrolls and safety lock. The last option is particularly attractive because you can set it for 30 minute intervals so that you don't have to wait that long if you should decide you want to do something other than PK and go blue name instead.And unlike guardian charms it is not consumable. Guardian charms are also attractive in that the protect your exp as well.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It could be very nice BUT there's also are big downside to it.
    Granted they wouldn't cost a fortune, they would be a mean for hackers or whatever you wanna call them, to steal even more stuffs from ppl's accounts.
    Nowadays, the vast majority of endgame stuffs are bound. Usually the auto-bind items are worth alot... See where it could lead to ?
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Granted they wouldn't cost a fortune, they would be a mean for hackers or whatever you wanna call them, to steal even more stuffs from ppl's accounts.
    Nowadays, the vast majority of endgame stuffs are bound. Usually the auto-bind items are worth alot... See where it could lead to ?

Its not that hard to fix that:Make unbinding process as long as the current destroying process(3 days),problem solved.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • DeadlySniper - Lost City
    edited March 2012
    It's not gonna happen

Frequently Made Suggestions: Check here before posting!

Unbinding charm/service/item/npc should be available

At this time there is no plan for Perfect World International to offer an unbinding service as it runs contrary to express purposes of selling binding charms. Please remember that binding the items serves more than the purpose of preventing your gear from being dropped in PK, it also prevents other from selling your item/keeping your item if your account is compromised. Selling unbinding services would remove this protection. Please take the decision to bind items seriously and make sure you are comfortable NOT selling the item before binding your gear. If you want to protect yourself from dropping in PK, there are other options available to you including Guardian scrolls and safety lock. The last option is particularly attractive because you can set it for 30 minute intervals so that you don't have to wait that long if you should decide you want to do something other than PK and go blue name instead.And unlike guardian charms it is not consumable. Guardian charms are also attractive in that the protect your exp as well.

How would it be contrary to selling binding charms? Some people want to bind end game gears, and some may want to sell gears they think are worthy to use whilst working for their end game gears that they don't want to lose.

Simple solution to that problem, don't share your account information with anyone and don't visit unfamilliar sites?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It's not gonna happen until we get an instance like Nirvana that needs them to do something and enough of the playerbase gets pissed about it after PWI promised some form of alternate way to do it without them.

Kinda like what happened with a certain refine aid we currently have that we were told would never be available in PWI for about a year or so.
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Because they're evil and they will eat you alive along with your left over pop tarts and pizza sauce. Oh, and hacorkz can hackz more on Unbind items.

But don't worry about meh, I just love trolololoooooo'n. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Simple solution to that problem, don't share your account information with anyone and don't visit unfamilliar sites?

I never did, but I was saying that cause I know not everyone is as wise as me when it comes to this. It would lead to lots of drama if it happened :x
    edited March 2012
    Because they're evil and they will eat you alive along with your left over pop tarts and pizza sauce. Oh, and hacorkz can hackz more on Unbind items.

But don't worry about meh, I just love trolololoooooo'n. b:shocked

Like i said before, the people who get **** are people who are stupid enough to share their info or visit unfamiliar sites. TBH, IMO if you get **** you deserve to...
    that shouldn't be a main reason why pwe doesn't make unbind charms available.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Get a grip guys! It is $$$ that they are really binding. Bound items ensure that, if you grow out of your equipment, you have no way of releasing the funds thus making it more likely for you to inject real money into the company.

Isn't that utterly obvious?
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    Note my above post.

There's a lot of things in this version that make no sense or only occur here. For example, PWI is also the only version of Perfect World where INI editing is against the rules. Even PWI's European servers allow it, yet on the US servers it isn't allowed. Back before the multiclient rule changes, running more than one client, while totally possible without any changes whatsoever, was also something against the rules.

Expecting logic from PWI honestly won't get you very far.
    edited March 2012
    Get a grip guys! It is $$$ that they are really binding. Bound items ensure that, if you grow out of your equipment, you have no way of releasing the funds thus making it more likely for you to inject real money into the company.

Isn't that utterly obvious?

PWE is money hungry that much is true/obvious, but just because someone wants to
    unbind an item that they can resell, doesn't mean it's costing pwe possible zhen charge.
    If anything it could help them out seeing as how people will probably sell those unbound
    items at a lower rate then what it would have cost them to craft/refine/shard.
    truekossy wrote: »
    Note my above post.

There's a lot of things in this version that make no sense or only occur here. For example, PWI is also the only version of Perfect World where INI editing is against the rules. Even PWI's European servers allow it, yet on the US servers it isn't allowed. Back before the multiclient rule changes, running more than one client, while totally possible without any changes whatsoever, was also something against the rules.

There are plenty of people all over PWI's servers that have the .ini edited files, more
    eyes edited then anything else. Also multiclienting was not allowed but people still did it
    how else do you think merchants have been merching from day 1. Also i don't think anyone expects logic from pwe but at least maybe they'd bring this up and discuss the possible money they can make from adding unbinding charms to our CS like pwcn does.
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    As I pointed out in my first post in this thread, Chienkun Stones saw the same thing. They were potential profit and in PWCN but PWI had declared they would never introduce them for a year. They only came into account after Nirvana came around and they had promised a way to keep refines/sockets when upgrading gear to Nirvana but failed to meet that promise and the players weren't amused. Unbinding charms are a source of profit and since most high-end gear is auto-bound, could potentially increase sales for both the unbinding AND binding charms but... this is PWI where logic does not apply and much like INI edits, just because other versions allow it doesn't mean PWI ever will.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Unbinding charms are a source of profit and since most high-end gear is auto-bound, ... this is PWI where logic does not apply l.

I imagine PWI would get more profit from a player producing, refining and sharding a whole new bit of equipment from scratch than they could get from selling an unbind charm and, thus, releasing a substantial bit of fund to the player.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Note my above post.

Well, yeah, PWE is run by a bunch of idiots. >_> What do you expect?

Personally, I could go either way on unbinding charms. But seeing how bound gear still has 'Binding Charm' instead of 'Bound' listed under it's name after HOW MANY WEEKS? I doubt they could even get an unbinding charm to work correctly after 10 years of trying to implement it.

INI editing is kind of a mixed bag. All of the character screenshots from PWCN are of Anorexic doll-things with tiny, beady eyes, bobbleheads, or whatever other demented creations that are popular. All we would see here are HUGE ****, male characters with ****, really weird hackjobs, and just about anything else unpleasant. I dunno about the rest of you all, but I don't want to be surrounded by teenage boys fapping to their veno's ZZZZZZZZZZZ cup **** all day long. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    I don't want to be surrounded by teenage boys fapping to their veno's ZZZZZZZZZZZ cup **** all day long. >_>

Suddenly, I'm amused by the thought of gravity and physics working properly on anyone with an INI edited character causing massive back pain, sagging, and or death as a result. b:chuckle
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Gears should be left as is, IMO. Many gears have options for keeping them unbound. Want Nirvana unbound? Go the Lunar route, for example.

Charms, I'm mixed on. Ideally what I would like to see is charms coming in individual packs, like some of the rank recast mats.
    You buy a "Platinum HP charm pack" (from cashshop, get from tigers, corals, however you get yer charms now, etc..) that contains one platinum HP charm. This pack is boundless. You can sell, trade, discard, whatever. Charm market is unaffected.
    Once you open this pack, the charm pops out and is character bound. You can equip and unequip it, but can't sell it, trade it, discard it, nothing. This would allow players to save charms for TW or w/e they need, but prevent scammers from finding ways to sell used charms.
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    funny how i was just talking to a guildie a few hours ago about how there should be unbinding charms and then i come here to see this thread...

but yeah PWI should sell unbinding charms and for those people QQing about hackers PWE can easily just make unbinding charms to work the same way destroying bound items work. Let it take a few days. Long enough for an active person that got **** to send a ticket and get a response / temporarily lock the account
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    As I pointed out in my first post in this thread, Chienkun Stones saw the same thing. They were potential profit and in PWCN but PWI had declared they would never introduce them for a year. They only came into account after Nirvana came around and they had promised a way to keep refines/sockets when upgrading gear to Nirvana but failed to meet that promise and the players weren't amused. Unbinding charms are a source of profit and since most high-end gear is auto-bound, could potentially increase sales for both the unbinding AND binding charms but... this is PWI where logic does not apply and much like INI edits, just because other versions allow it doesn't mean PWI ever will.

Chienken stones are a joke tho. It costs an unreal amount to do what they are intended to do.
    Gears should be left as is, IMO. Many gears have options for keeping them unbound. Want Nirvana unbound? Go the Lunar route, for example.

Charms, I'm mixed on. Ideally what I would like to see is charms coming in individual packs, like some of the rank recast mats.
    You buy a "Platinum HP charm pack" (from cashshop, get from tigers, corals, however you get yer charms now, etc..) that contains one platinum HP charm. This pack is boundless. You can sell, trade, discard, whatever. Charm market is unaffected.
    Once you open this pack, the charm pops out and is character bound. You can equip and unequip it, but can't sell it, trade it, discard it, nothing. This would allow players to save charms for TW or w/e they need, but prevent scammers from finding ways to sell used charms.

As far as charms are concerned they can do something like this, I've suggested it to PWI many times including many items but as of yet apparently they don't agree with me:

Make 2 separate boutique items. A charm that is cheaper but is exactly the same as the Platinum HP charm. But make it UNTRADEABLE and UNBOUND! This ensures that people can buy the item without the express idea of making money or being able to sell something used but also makes it to where you can remove it.

And for the love of all make MP charms tick at 50% rather than 75%!

I suggested PWI also do this with their fashion. They could sell it in a different fashion. Such as cheaper items but they are bound to your toon and can never be traded.

I'd totally go for items like this in the boutique.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012

China has unbind charms? As far as I'm aware this isn't true.

Do you have some evidence for this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)