Triple Spark recovers Max HP?

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Here is some information on the patch notes. The phrasing seems to indicate that Triple Spark always recovered max HP; I thought it was 20% HP. Did they somehow fix the tooltips incorrectly? Or did Triple Spark change? Or have I somehow missed the fact that I recover full HP when sparking?

~~~~~
Localization
Demonic Eruption & Celestial Eruption:
Fixed tooltips to correctly state 500% weapon damage bonus and recover max HP to match functionality
~~~~~

Patch Notes: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1319171
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Think before it said 700% weapon damage bonus?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Here is some information on the patch notes. The phrasing seems to indicate that Triple Spark always recovered max HP; I thought it was 20% HP. Did they somehow fix the tooltips incorrectly? Or did Triple Spark change? Or have I somehow missed the fact that I recover full HP when sparking?

~~~~~
    Localization
    Fixed tooltips to correctly state 500% weapon damage bonus and recover max HP to match functionality
    ~~~~~

it mean they changed it from recovering 20% Hp to 20% Max Hp, so effects from Barb Hp Buffs give more recovery.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have yet to get on today but I highly doubt it restores your HP to max this patch. Most likely they messed up the localization fix, or geno wrote the patch note in a somewhat misleading manner by mistake..

@Mini: It's always recovered 20% of whatever your max HP was at the time. It's just that the patch is worded to indicate it recovers your HP to max now... which would leave me rather shocked if this had been changed.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Diff on skillstr.txt before and after 617
    http://i.imgur.com/ioeeo.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Edit....

Nvm
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    Ast nailed it. Logged on for about 10 seconds to test and after removing + equipping gear and sparking HP was recovered by the usual percent and didn't go to full.

So yeah, just a case of misleading patch notes.

@Fox: Triple spark was never above a 500% boost for regular phys DDs (venos being a special exception with their dual-sparks). The HP boost has also been unchanged. It's just that they've fixed an error in the tooltip.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Pff I said it b4 Ast did...proving I'm clearly more important!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    U guys never read...
    700% was incorrect at first time. they fixed the text it to match functionality.
    "Fixed tooltips to correctly state 500% weapon damage bonus and recover max HP to match functionality"
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Dang that sucks. So now Triple sparked was nerfed 200% in exchange for max hp increasing? Hmm I wonder how that will go.

triple spark wasnt nerfed in any way, the previous spark info simply stated what it does for arcanes on phys chars
    essentially:

Magic Classes -
    Sage: Recover 20% mp /+700% mag atk / +25% Reduced Dmg taken
    Demon: Recover 20% mp /+700% mag atk / -20% Reduced Channeling

except venos ofc who go -
    Sage: +500 phys atk /+900 Mag atk
    Demon: +650% phys atk /+700 Mag atk

Physical Classes - what it DOES
    Demon: Recover 20% hp /+500% Phys atk /+25% increased atk speed
    Sage: Recover 20% hp /+500% Phys atk /+25% Reduced Dmg taken

Physical Classes - what it SAID it did
    Demon: Recover 20% hp/mp(idk never checked but regardless it did recover hp) + 700% Phys atk +25% increased atk speed
    Sage: Recover 20% hp/mp(idk never checked but regardless it did recover hp) + 700% Phys atk +25% Reduced Dmg taken
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    Pff I said it b4 Ast did...proving I'm clearly more important!

Well that's obvious, Q! You have larger ****! But we must give Ast credit so he can feel important too! b:cute
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2012

~~~~~
    Localization
    ~~~~~

It was always been like this: If you have 10000 Max HP, you'll heal for 2000 ._.

What in this simple logic don't you understand?

Edit: So the answer is: No, they didn't change the triple spark, they just fixed the tooltips.

They should fix all assassin's tooltips too, but they're too lazy to do it :S
    For example: Powerdash says to increase Critical hit "DAMAGE", but it increases the "RATE" in fact, bloodpaint on sage doesn't increase BY 3%, it increases TO 3%. And lotsa other misinformation like this.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It was always been like this: If you have 10000 Max HP, you'll heal for 2k ._.

What in this simple logic don't you understand?

The phrasing is poor:

~~~~~
    Localization
    ~~~~~

Nowhere in the patch notes does it say 20% of max HP. It says "recover max HP".

I'm at work. I don't have the game at hand. I cannot test this at work because I do not have the game. I cannot hover my mouse over the skill because I do not have the game at work.

I'm asking a simple question.
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the answer is as above. at some point recently (at descent patch i believe but might be mistaken), some of the 3sparks incorrectly stated that they recovered part of max MP. it has now been changed to say HP (which is what they recovered all along)
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    *sigh*

The amount of people in this thread that missed the question or are providing entirely flawed information is depressing. Lady Elena, I suggest you ask the archer forums next time.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    *sigh*

The amount of people in this thread that missed the question or are providing entirely flawed information is depressing. Lady Elena, I suggest you ask the archer forums next time.

Archer forums is where it's at (geekery, ****, and numbers).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]