Do you check your squad gear?

2»

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    1st I check just hp if it`s extremely low then I check the gear but mostly I don`t care since I`m tanking everything except delta.
  • Evil_Guy - Dreamweaver
    Evil_Guy - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I usually only check the gear if:
    a) their HP is unusually low
    b) their HP is unusually high
    c) they are an assassin

b:victory totaly same :D
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: I tend to do it to clerics, tanks, and other psychics/wizards/mystics.

Just recently, I did an FC with my level 86 sin. Her gear isn't anything spectacular, barring the cube neck/warsong belt stashed from my psychic. The squad insisted that the seeker was the tank. Not the case. He had unusually low hp for a level 86 seeker, even as a strength build, so I had to investigate. Nothing was refined. Not even to +1. I had to tell the cleric to heal me since I had the aggro most the time. That run lasted 4 hours (literally; we had 20 seconds left before instance reset when heads ended), so "toning down my damage" to allow the seeker to tank would have meant losing out on big room.

I did a gear check on a level 100 mystic when I was doing caster nirvana. She had TT 70 gear. Unfortunately, we had already used keys, so booting her (or leaving the squad myself) would have been a waste. She had 3k hp at 100. My mystic has 5100 hp at level 93. I ran into this same mystic a week later, saw that she did some improvements (namely, she got TT90 pants).

I've run into barbs where an ARCANE class had more HP than them BUFFED. Now how the **** that's possible is beyond me, but it's happened on more than one occasion, and I question their ability to survive Snakefist. And more often than not, they're usually the first ones to drop if there is no high damage dealers in squad.

I check other psys/wizzies/mystics for two reasons. One: to get an idea of my own gear, and two: to drool over rank 9.

So yes, I check them, because in this new generation of players, you don't exactly know what you're gonna get, and sometimes you have to gauge whether or not you'll be able to do something in squad with a "tank" that's undergeared, or a cleric that has awesome gear (but has no ****ing clue what IH looks like).
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    c) they are an assassin
    Pretty well the same for me, though I also check out Seekers.
    I'm also guilty of trying on other peoples clothes b:surrender
    Ok... 3 things

1. Don't be dissing on high level weapons and low(er) level armors...
    My seeker has full TT80 gold 4soc Immac Citrine w/TT90 gold sword and does just fine.
    This is some pretty decent gear and not a good example of what I think most people come across. Your gear is fine to carry you for a long while. This isn't the case most times you come across this - Like seeing an Assassin sporting +8 g13 daggers and a +1 rank6 top and a level70 3 star helm. Or a 90+ barb in FC with a Pan-Gu axe, yet everything else is level 50~60 NPC gear. Or the Seeker who says he can Vortex pulls fine with his TT80 dual blades and level50~80 gear with no refine or shards (basically whatever he found on the ground or in AH for less than 100k). Things like this I believe is what people would be referencing. I run across these far more often than I should.
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm a cleric, therefore it's my job to know my squad. I do check everything from refines, to weapon effects to what kind of belt and neck they chose for defenses. I need to know if that BM can take a hard magic hit. Or if the wizard in my squad can take a physical AoE hit while they have there fire shield on for a fire boss- see if they sharded HP or garns so I know when I have to squad heal them.

For me, its almost OCD-like to gear check. But people tend to like that I help them live. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No need to check my gear, it even looks epic >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Confession time? Yes I molest peoples gear with my eyes all the time. b:chuckle
    Usually because sometimes I can't believe all the people out there with great gear but they just fail so hard. It's unbelievable.

<---- Total stalker b:surrender
    I check people's gear all the time, mainly because I'm jealous they have better gear then me. Also I like to try on other peoples fashion :D

LOL and this xD
  • sevatar
    sevatar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i usually check it if the person is failing hard in squad. or if someone is wearing combination of fash i really like and i'm curious what it all is lol
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Moment when I check somebodies gear: When I see they are lvl 9x and not above 5k hp.

It is at that moment when I either go "Ah **** no *drop squad and kills*" or kick and find better person.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Since many BMs/Sins (and some Barbs) are -Int builds, their gear's pretty predictable...I usually examine other casters in instances figure out how they got their HP X points higher than mine and to see their weapon and it's refine.

I normally dont examine someone outside of an instance unless its someone who wants to duel or a WC regular who I happened to stumble upon in a town. Fash is irrelivant to me as well since I wear my armor most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Moment when I check somebodies gear: When I see they are lvl 9x and not above 5k hp.

It is at that moment when I either go "Ah **** no *drop squad and kills*" or kick and find better person.
    My veno is lvl 90 without even 4k hp. Yet I can't recall the last time I died in a squad and her gear is quite decent (mix of TT90, mold-gear and decent 3 star or channeling ornaments depending) b:bye

I usually check ppls gear in squad just because I'm curious ^^ Or when another seeker is in squad to compare gear/hp :3

And I also try on other ppls fash 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    c) they are an assassin

Pretty much this.

Although 1 and 3 usually go hand in hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i only check for r9!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012

cause the only way to have high survivability is high hp b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I rarely check ppl gear, maybe only when theres someone who fails so hard b:laugh

This. ^

I don't care what gear you have---as long as you can play your d@mned class.

b:avoid
    I uh.....do put on other people's fashions from time to time....guilty as charged.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012

My veno is lvl 90 without even 4k hp. Yet I can't recall the last time I died in a squad and her gear is quite decent (mix of TT90, mold-gear and decent 3 star or channeling ornaments depending) b:bye

I usually check ppls gear in squad just because I'm curious ^^ Or when another seeker is in squad to compare gear/hp :3

And I also try on other ppls fash 8D
    cause the only way to have high survivability is high hp b:avoid

guess I should of been more specific.....I check the BM's, Barb's, Sin's, Archers, anything that could possible be the tank if I see HP below 5k on them. (Casters I usually expect around 3-4k at 9x)

Especially if I see a sin in the 9x range w/o at least 4k hp....I tend to insta-check them when I get them in the instance so I can see why the **** they are so low, BM wise...if it don't have 5k hp by lvl 9x I will personally kill them, and if a barb isn't above 5k hp by 9x I will not even stay in the squad long enough for that idiot to say "Hello" in squad chat.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i only check for r9!

I know Sasuke loves to check my player info b:cute
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I know Sasuke loves to check my player info b:cute

Only to try out your outfits! especially kitty gloves! b:pleased
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    c) they are an assassin

d) The squad is not killing as fast as it should
    e) Person boasts something unusual
    f) They are a Seeker.

a Is typically because they are undergeared.
    b Is typically because they are statted wrong, with some rarer ocassions having some OP gear.
    c Is because of the huge amount of fail-geared sins 90+ (Concerned my barb more than my BM - BM can keep aggro). Nothing more annoying than the +6 to +10 Hooks Sin with TT60/70 +0 non sharded armor at level 92 dying at every boss.
    d Is to find out wtf is going on - typically its an undergeared sin or seeker.
    e To find out if they are full of Gallax, good at their class, or overgeared.
    f Is pretty much the same thing as Sins - fail geared. Nothin like a +1 G12 PvE sword in RB as the only constant AOEr being a waste of a slot.
    Ok... 3 things

1. Don't be dissing on high level weapons and low(er) level armors...
    My seeker has full TT80 gold 4soc Immac Citrine w/TT90 gold sword and does just fine.

This is an iffy situation. TT80 Gold fully decked out aint bad, mountaincrasher is still better. I grouped with several TT80 Gold people till their 100s and did great in FF - but this was more due to their level of skill than gear. Sometimes people are just trying to do their BH or whatever and are working on their gear, some are leveling without regards to gear and their contribution to the party.

I once did an FF with everyone but me in TT70 barely refined, and I once did a BH Aba with a bunch of "alts" with just me and the Sin having gear better than TT80.

People complain about "link your weapon" and well...the reason why is they get tired of carrying people's alts through FF or BH. It's not always an elitist thing.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If I can sneak into a squad without linking wep in a caster nirvy, where the guy forming asks for it. I always check the guy forming. And suprisingly often see its a +3 TT99 wep, wanting R8 +5 or higher to join. Yeah, let us ride you thru Nirvana.

I do check alot, just cause I can when running from A to B. But its also clear that many players do it, since I get questions on nearly every freaking run I do about my armor build..
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    - When I'm bored in cave..
    - When I've got someone with same class like me. Mostly to compare..
    - And like few people above me said.. when squad dying way too much.
    - Assassins..

FCC lvling FTW! Especially when I see 90+ wearing 60lv gears.. I even kicked my friend once from squad. Reason? Me on cleric he was on seeker with 30lv gear in fcc.. I told him "I don't care that you've got full vana gear when you ll reach 100. Now you re 92 and you gonna tank fcc.. I'm not gonna heal your *** when you wearing "that" " After this talk he at least bought 3* 80+ gear...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm a cleric, therefore it's my job to know my squad. I do check everything from refines, to weapon effects to what kind of belt and neck they chose for defenses. I need to know if that BM can take a hard magic hit. Or if the wizard in my squad can take a physical AoE hit while they have there fire shield on for a fire boss- see if they sharded HP or garns so I know when I have to squad heal them.

For me, its almost OCD-like to gear check. But people tend to like that I help them live. b:pleased

Hun, I used to do the same thing and I'm a freaking veno! b:shocked LOL. I gotta know if this poor lil thing will even make it to the big pulls in FC. Too many failed runs back in my 80-90 ranges...b:sad

Changed font cuz I wanna be wit da peoplez more, trololoz. b:chuckle

If I can sneak into a squad without linking wep in a caster nirvy, where the guy forming asks for it. I always check the guy forming. And suprisingly often see its a +3 TT99 wep, wanting R8 +5 or higher to join. Yeah, let us ride you thru Nirvana.

I do check alot, just cause I can when running from A to B. But its also clear that many players do it, since I get questions on nearly every freaking run I do about my armor build..

Wtfz... ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss