Endless Universe

FatalFem - Heavens Tear
FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I love the instance, as I've said many times before. However; I am increasingly disgusted and disappointed with the amount of people who suck at this. Its a relay race, anyone over age 7 should know what that is! That isn't even the worst problem, I always ask: "has anyone not done this before" and no one will confess they've not. Then they fail the relay and seem to not understand English. They don't respond or talk which frustrates people even more! I don't mind taking people who don't speak at all, or speak English even but if they don't know what they are doing it makes it really difficult to complete the task at hand.

I'm to the point where I want to ask if they speak English before starting. Because a language barrier is near impossible to overcome. We failed in squad one day 7 times and I said the next one who caused failure was getting kicked, surprisingly everyone did it right. The problem wasn't gem delivery, it was people kept leaving their area. At what point do you say, ok.. I'm kicking you? Knowing that they can not come back into the instance in the same day.

There has got to be a way around this frustration. I don't mind taking people who have never been, I can explain to them how its done. But only if they speak the same language I do.

This game is called PWI (International) it is an international game, however; it is located in the United States where we speak English as a native language. I am happy people from other countries play but there is a serious gap in instances like this where people can not speak English :(

In short; at what point is it acceptable to kick people from this instance?
Post edited by FatalFem - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I know your pain ( kinda ) in my runs, the person who was bishing about 'following the instructions' had the gem before the last and failed our run because he crossed to the next player's area.
    Not to mention poor support, when this instance first came out, we had a mystic and a cleric running with eternity and creation gems, I was on my veno, my turn came, at the last part of my route, around 10 mobs aggrod me (delta gem), not a single heal or help with DD so I relayed on my charm and pots and moving around so that my charm can buy some time to tick (my veno was 95 so not that OP). The support people were waiting for me at the mirror to 'come turn in the quest', eventually I slipped off the cliff from my running >_>. Eventually we figured that a healer and a DD is best for support.

Anyway, 7 times? WOW, I'd start the kicking after the 3rd. But usually I RQ lol
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    I know your pain ( kinda ) in my runs, the person who was bishing about 'following the instructions' had the gem before the last and failed our run because he crossed to the next player's area.
    Not to mention poor support, when this instance first came out, we had a mystic and a cleric running with eternity and creation gems, I was on my veno, my turn came, at the last part of my route, around 10 mobs aggrod me (delta gem), not a single heal or help with DD so I relayed on my charm and pots and moving around so that my charm can buy some time to tick (my veno was 95 so not that OP). The support people were waiting for me at the mirror to 'come turn in the quest', eventually I slipped off the cliff from my running >_>. Eventually we figured that a healer and a DD is best for support.

Anyway, 7 times? WOW, I'd start the kicking after the 3rd. But usually I RQ lol

Well I'm a patient person, but even I have my limit. I've found a barb and a cleric make best support. Barb can take the hits! Good support is key to getting relay done. However; one day we did the instance without any support and did alright. I think it depends on how well people comprehend what has to be done.

The expansion has been out a few weeks now, people level 100 and higher should already know how to do the instance. New players level 95ish who are just coming in, might not know how to do it; but they can ask. A little communication with people goes a long long way.

Btw.. twice now we've had some1 afk on that last boss. Then we had to sit and wait for them to come back to take the quest reward because the squad member was out of range. This is irritating too. Yesterday the guy said: well my baby was crying and I had to take care of him. I am an understanding person and would totally be more patient, but this person did not even say anything; just went afk. I guess it comes down to people need to be a bit more respectful in this area. If you need an afk b/c something can't be helped, just tell people. They will be much more understanding and less frustrated than if you just walk away.
  • Nematokyst - Sanctuary
    Nematokyst - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    language barriers can be tough to overcome and i could understand being reluctant to take them with you

but as far as noobs go instead of raging at someone that doesnt understand what they are doing and are new how about trying to teach them to avoid what annoys you? surely that would save you stress in the future and your influence could turn into a positive thing that makes them try harder to learn

being pushy only makes others cynical you are essentially making your situation worse by raging about people of other languages they have just as much right to play this game as anyone else

you are your own worst enemy in this case you must learn to accept other people for who they are or be consumed by your own elitism not everyone is perfect and learning takes time but it also takes patience from those with the ability and the experience to teach them :)
    edited March 2012
    language barriers can be tough to overcome and i could understand being reluctant to take them with you

but as far as noobs go instead of raging at someone that doesnt understand what they are doing and are new how about trying to teach them to avoid what annoys you? surely that would save you stress in the future and your influence could turn into a positive thing that makes them try harder to learn

being pushy only makes others cynical you are essentially making your situation worse by raging about people of other languages they have just as much right to play this game as anyone else

you are your own worst enemy in this case you must learn to accept other people for who they are or be consumed by your own elitism not everyone is perfect and learning takes time but it also takes patience from those with the ability and the experience to teach them :)

Language barriers can not be overcome. Especially if you do not know what their language is. Being pushy isn't needed in most instances, however; I don't have 3 hours to do an instance that should take 20 mins. Only because people refuse to listen or don't speak my language. I'm not against other people, I'm not racist. But the language barrier does exist and its very difficult if not impossible to get around. And sometimes the people speak English, they just do not pay attention.
  • Nematokyst - Sanctuary
    Nematokyst - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    you shouldn't have any problems with other languages its a simple answer really

not english dont take them its simple

but its completly unfair to believe that because someone is slow and is a noob they aren't worth your time because if your time is so valuable then why bother at all? and if you say well i have to take them because if not it takes ages to get an instance going then to that i would say wait until later when more people are on or make a faction or join a faction

but being so elitist to expect everyone to be at your level of skill without any instruction is messed up i am in no way flaming you i just cannot understand people that are so unwilling to help others because its not worth the time your 3hrs isnt much compared to the 700,000 hours you will have in your lifetime ( on average)

your actions and words directly correlate to others reactions and effort they put into something if you are positive and act like a leader others will follow and if you are willing to teach there is always someone willing to learn your efforts will always be worth it even if the people are afk or ignore you or are foreign thats bad yes

but to not even try at all and to completly give up is even worse ( just my opinion of the situation and in no way a flame or a direct attack on you in anyway just an onlookers opinion)

have a great day fatalfem and i wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors

goodspeed :)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I agree that people don't listen, at all. Too many squads fail the relay over and over because there's one or two people that don't listen. When I am squad leader, I normally ask, after explaining, is there anyone who is confused/has a question/etc. And I also mention that if they don't want to ask in squad chat, they can whisper me and I can explain.

Silence. Utter silence.

*squad fails 4+ times*

b:surrender
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'd go with baseball rules. 3 strikes and they're out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well I personally wouldn't kick anyone from the instance, because while it is frustrating, I'm not trying to ruin someone's day over it either. They can't come back. If it was FC, sure, but it's not. As for language barrier, I found that if I took someone that also spoke their language and spoke English. That would help. I've decided i'm going to start whispering people before the run starts. If I kick them before they get inside, they have no reason to complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I agree that people don't listen, at all. Too many squads fail the relay over and over because there's one or two people that don't listen. When I am squad leader, I normally ask, after explaining, is there anyone who is confused/has a question/etc. And I also mention that if they don't want to ask in squad chat, they can whisper me and I can explain.

Silence. Utter silence.

*squad fails 4+ times*

b:surrender

Let me explain that I have helped many people who have never done the instance do it. I have explained entirely and this right here in this post is my issue. People who just refuse to listen.

As for the person talking about my time. I have 2 kids and a husband to tend to, I don't mind helping new people learn the instance. I do however mind helping people who refuse to listen to, communicate with you or talk to you in any manner.

I agree with the person pming people before they come.. if there is a language barrier they are better suited with people who speak that language and can communicate what is expected of them.

But if the same person continues to make it fail 2 or 3 time in a row, come on. When I clearly ask them after the first time, do you need me to explain how this works? Do you have questions on what to do? If they do not say anything then I am to assume they know what to do and are just not doing it.
  • /ANGUARD - Heavens Tear20
    /ANGUARD - Heavens Tear20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    QQ u need cheese wit hthat wine dont u lol
    edited March 2012
    QQ u need cheese wit hthat wine dont u lol

Nothing more intelligent to say? Why is it that people with legitimate questions or comments that don't agree with you (in your opinion) are the ones with something wrong with them. Quit hiding behind and alt and let us know your real main, then talk to me about it.
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I think alot of the time the people playing are scared of getting flamed on world chat in squad chat just for not knowing what to do,it's stupid but it does happen alot which is unfair.I've also noticed people just don't pay attention to chat..ever or do they read said text then ignore it??it's extremely annoying..
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    if their dying over and over b:surrender at that point its beyond understanding the dungeon b:cry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Even English speaking doesn't help.. I did this instance quite a few times.. Almost every run I do I start with an explaination part for the new ppl. I explain every detail.. But you know what happens when we start? We Fail.
    When I than ask the ppl "Why didn't you listen?" I get answhers like "I didn't know that I'm not allowed to do this or that" Really the problem must be deeper.. Either ppl are brainless or simply cann't read. I stoped thinking too much of it, because life is easier if you don't take it too serious. When I go in there and we have new ppl I expect at least 1 fail per person that is new.. I'm really shocked how many ppl are not able to do the simplest task and only play the way "monster - kill - monster - ...", no thinking at all.
    edited March 2012
    beforesun wrote: »
    Even English speaking doesn't help.. I did this instance quite a few times.. Almost every run I do I start with an explaination part for the new ppl. I explain every detail.. But you know what happens when we start? We Fail.
    When I than ask the ppl "Why didn't you listen?" I get answhers like "I didn't know that I'm not allowed to do this or that" Really the problem must be deeper.. Either ppl are brainless or simply cann't read. I stoped thinking too much of it, because life is easier if you don't take it too serious. When I go in there and we have new ppl I expect at least 1 fail per person that is new.. I'm really shocked how many ppl are not able to do the simplest task and only play the way "monster - kill - monster - ...", no thinking at all.

I have to say it also depends on how this is explained. The first time I went the person was horrible at explaining what we had to do. Everyone in the squad was new (it was the second day of the expansion) except for him and it took us a long long time to complete the relay because everyone kept failing due to something new we had to do we didn't know.

I also think that there are probably a lot of young kids who play this game, who naturally don't listen anyway. In either case, I can't wait to get a regular squad of people to do this with!

I don't mind taking new people, as long as they communicate.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I know your pain, Fem...b:surrender

Oddly enough though, Ive run with a few squads mostly comprised of spanish speakers but after a fail or two (a few were new I figured) we managed to get through it without any further problems. I really cant fathom why people can be so afraid to speak with their squadmates when they arent sure of themselves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    beforesun wrote: »

Lol. If there's one thing Endless Universe has shown me, its some of the noobs that thinks you can just spark and APS all dungeons to get to the goal. They never pick up the mirror until you have to nearly shout your head off at them to pay attention and "Stop killing. Leave the mob alone. Pick up your mirror and run. Run. Stop killing. Did you turn in yet? STOP KILLING!"

Or then they get to the bird boss and wtf.

. . .haaaa. b:laugh
    edited March 2012
    Lol. If there's one thing Endless Universe has shown me, its some of the noobs that thinks you can just spark and APS all dungeons to get to the goal. They never pick up the mirror until you have to nearly shout your head off at them to pay attention and "Stop killing. Leave the mob alone. Pick up your mirror and run. Run. Stop killing. Did you turn in yet? STOP KILLING!"

Or then they get to the bird boss and wtf.

. . .haaaa. b:laugh

Lol this is true. Its one reason I love this instance. Aps don't matter and neither does rank really. It truly is an instance in which you must work as a team and pay attention. Sparking and aps don't help! At least not for the relay!