Is it me or did Heaven's Tear die? :'(

Options
_Senrai - Heavens Tear
_Senrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Etherblade (West)
Okay so I have decided to pick this game back up as a little side hobby again and its been about 3 years since I played. First thing I notice, EVERYONE IS GONE b:cry ! Archosaur's streets are no longer crowded with merchants. Then I go to my hometown of Etherblade and find the streets SUPER empty. I see ground where I used to see loads of pink and orange cats that used to lag the hell out of my comp.

I check my map and look at the territories and I'm like, "holy cow! What happened to the bad *** guilds?!?! b:shocked Last I checked big guilds like Radiance, RoC, and Enrage (a few others) carved BIG empires into that tiny lil map. Now I see what appears to be multiple guilds scrambling for what little territory is left of those big empires. Now that I think about it the era of PWI I played in was when Enrage was first starting out and was aggressively taking territory at a surprising rate!

So anyone want to fill me in on the significant events that have happened these past 3 years?

And does anyone know which server has the largest player base now?

Also whats the situation now? I feel like with all the players seemingly gone all that's left are the high level players who have already reached end game. And lets face it that's no fun. b:surrender
Post edited by _Senrai - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TunaMan - Heavens Tear
    TunaMan - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    To find out what happened to the game, press the "O" (oh) key.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "One day, you'll log in and you'll be the only one in sight. You'll see a couple of merchants auto-bot-spamming world chat and even then, you'll say "game is still alive and well"." - Michael_Dark, Lost City
    "Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage." - SadieMae, Lost City
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    b:puzzled Uh....thanks?

Edit: Judging by your sig I guess money over ran the game. Sadness :'(

Edit: i actually went in game and pressed "o" *facepalm >.<
  • Silmarill - Heavens Tear
    Silmarill - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol about map and big fac...map is reset few weeks before thats why alot of facs atm on map :P
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol about map and big fac...map is reset few weeks before thats why alot of facs atm on map :P

...........well damn lol b:surrender
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The map is being reset every 6 months now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle Radiance is still around as is Enrage

Heavens tear isn't dead so much as not as degraded, the quality of players from the start is similar but it seems the ones that are of bad quality are louder then before. Though there are still several good players around despite what people say. As for medium range in level of players thats........less there simply because of the massive amounts of experience you can get.

This game has only slightly changed besides the fact people are capping out now instead of still working to cap out. Thats really all that changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangejuice0
    orangejuice0 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Did u check Lost city server?
    Now thats a dead server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xatem - Heavens Tear
    Xatem - Heavens Tear Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well with the expansion a lot of people are really just grinding, or quit. The map reset as well, its gotten pretty quiet as of late tho.

Keep in mind the time of year too. This is when Finals, Graduations, Proms and sht happen. Then summer hits off and we'll see more people for sure. :)
    "When everything is said and done
    So looking for answers if only one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Turn my back the urge has gone
    Left with no reason we come undone...."
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The map is being reset every 6 months. I......er....don't really know how I feel about that.

HT's community degraded. So we are talking "a holes" run the game now?

@Xatem: Yeah good point I suppose I'll stick around long enough to see how the player base really is over the Summer. Although the way you put it with the expansion is disheartening. I mean I played PWI for the community and the adventure. Grinding was just a means to explore new aspects of both those things. Not my PWI life goal. b:sad

On another note though, if what TunaMan said was true, then I'm OUTTIE because "Pay to Win" does not work out with a jobless individual such as myself lol b:bye But more so because buying power and having power simply because you have mula is unappealing to me.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    HT's community degraded. So we are talking "a holes" run the game now?

Back in the day it were the people who put a lot of effort in being the best and were a holes about it. Now it has changed... now it's those who cash shop to be the best who are the a holes. So in a way you could speak of a degraded form of a competitive community.

The 6 month reset is quite stupid. If there would be a reset, it should have been atleast 12 months, because in 6 months time you can't really do that much. So in a way PWI has done yet another thing to ruin the game.

You can still enjoy the game as casual non pvp'er. Areas ranging for lvl 1 to 90 are in general somewhat quiet, so you'll have the place to yourself a lot. And PvE doesn't need hax gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The elitist attitude has always existed in the game, but now, you can simply buy it instead of earning it. rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hmm, very unfortunate to hear. I mean I don't mind a holes but paying to be the best, ehhhhhh. And there always seemed to be people everywhere back in the day. If HT has been quiet these days then its really lost its lively appeal.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The 6 month reset has only "ruined the game" for those that hold the map and use it to consolidate their power. Now no one has enough of the map to be *The Faction* that sucks all the high-level players into it's orbit.

Factions that want to fight, still do. Those that need to hold the whole map have mostly wandered off to greener pastures (pvt servers, I understand).

Now that they've set a 6 month reset period, I'd like to see them release the bids back to public again (since 6 months is not enough time to capture the entire map solo).

Those who want to fight certain guilds would know where they are and where they're going, and can plan accordingly.

\waiting for the crying that inevitably follows
    \\or the claims of "jealousy"
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • myystique
    myystique Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The 6 month map reset will let a lot of smaller guilds get a chance to TW against other similar size guilds instead of having to attack "the big controlling" guilds.

I wonder why ppl insist on making sweeping generalizations about players and guilds. Are all Cash shoppers A-holes? I don't think so, there are plenty in most guilds.

Free to play, pay to win? Well PWI is a business venture not a charitable organization, without cash shoppers this game wouldn't exist. If you're smart about how you play and cat shop you can accomplish a lot of what you want without that much infusion of cash.

There have been a holes since first day of beta, and there still are now, so that hasn't changed a bit, maybe just some names and faces. Quite frankly I think there are actually less jerks now than before.

As you top out level wise, it's been difficult to maintain interest admittedly, PWI will have to address how they will create a more exciting game that will pull people back in.......

Everytime people say its dead, it bounces back. Everytime ppl say they are quitting, later they seem to gravitate back.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    There is no crying or jealousy, Menace. The 6 month reset has 2 sides. There's the maybe less than 30% of the TWers in the crappy factions that no one really cares about (Dominus, Drakon, xWaRx etc) that are happy about it. they get to have their little wars more frequently. But the majority is not pleased with this change, I'm sure Radiance, GD and let's throw in karma for good measure aren't too excited about it. Enrage obviously isn't, it's mostly made most if not all of Enrage's "core" TWers quit.

I still say that by the time the first reset comes around they'll postpone it for months or forget or it'll never happen at all :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If the reset negatively affect sales, PWe will definitely alter the rules of a map reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited March 2012
    Options
    There is no crying or jealousy, Menace. The 6 month reset has 2 sides. There's the maybe less than 30% of the TWers in the crappy factions that no one really cares about (Dominus, Drakon, xWaRx etc) that are happy about it. they get to have their little wars more frequently. But the majority is not pleased with this change, I'm sure Radiance, GD and let's throw in karma for good measure aren't too excited about it. Enrage obviously isn't, it's mostly made most if not all of Enrage's "core" TWers quit.

I still say that by the time the first reset comes around they'll postpone it for months or forget or it'll never happen at all :D

Rad, Enrage, GD and Drakon together do not constitute a *majority* of anything, except the biggest TW land holders in the past. The majority of the server population doesn't TW because they aren't "big" enough to TW with the big boys. Now many of them have a chance to actually get into an instance and have some serious fun, against someone who won't necessarily steamroll their *** in 12 minutes.

With the way CSing had transformed this game, *and* the dominance of players who have been TWing for 3+years here *and* have uber gear there was 0 chance newbies could 1) get their gear up to snuff and 2) get enough experience to TW worth a damn.

Now they have a chance.

And if it takes ****ing off the uber players until they wander off then obviously PWI has said "so be it". This is called "churn", I believe.

Those players aren't contributing $$$ to the company anyway.

Pink Floyd said it best.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,
    We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I heard Enrage went to another server...b:avoid
    edited March 2012
    Options

Rumors state that it was a Minecraft server too, so they can grief innocent builders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Axe - Heavens Tear
    Axe - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Things have changed a lot since the game first started.
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Vendetta.
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Rumors state that it was a Minecraft server too, so they can grief innocent builders.

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh

@ Myystique Anyways, about the "Pay to Win" aspect of the game, its true. Honestly though, "f" that "s" (damn censorship lol) there needs to be a better way of getting money off of folks besides telling them that "oh yeah this game is free to play" then off to the side be like "heeheehee you can play for free, BUT YOU CAN'T QUITE COMPETE ON THE SAME LEVEL PEOPLE WHO PAY DO MUWAHAHAHAHAH!!! b:pleased"

Impossible? Maybe, but it doesn't hurt to explore the option that there maybe a better way to gain money without defeating the purpose of this game being free.

Cause lets be honest I'd imagine most people would rather spend time and effort into a game than have it be another aspect of their life that can only be fueled by money to be enjoyable. ASSUMING that most people prefer reaching superiority through skill and hard work rather than through having a big wallet or a devotion to PWI with no financial bounds.

As for the 6 month reset I really don't know **** about TW. I happened to be part of the population that didn't TW. Who knows maybe some guild out there will develop some new way of TWing enabling them to conquer the map within 6 months.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Vendetta.

I honestly don't know why everyone doesn't go there to play this game now that they are up to date. PWI is no different than those servers now as far as how it is played- get to 100+ as fast as possible then buy gears. Only difference is that this one can consume your money and/or soul.
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I honestly don't know why everyone doesn't go there to play this game now that they are up to date. PWI is no different than those servers now as far as how it is played- get to 100+ as fast as possible then buy gears. Only difference is that this one can consume your money and/or soul.

What is Vendetta?
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

+1. i agree that maybe bidding should go back to being public and multiple bids allowed again, like it was in the beginning. i think that would bring some interest back for some, and allow factions to be near where they wanna fight. also, i hope you're right, jhalil. they need to make it maybe 12 month cycles?

not the entire faction.
    oh but then it would be skill based and not credit card limit based... cant have people being considered "equal geared but barely skilled" when they are so used to facerolling people on pwi with their awesome gear. not a jealousy thing or anything (tbh i've spent way too much here myself), just stating that people who have went out of their way to have "the best" tend to not want to be "equal" some people love pservers, some love the real deal. as long as they are having fun, more power to them <3
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    People angry because many things they wanted are not FREE.
    Games should only be made by charity group, fans project, doujin games, modder, indie, game maker community. FREE most of the time...

Giving money to those hard working people who make the game playable, balanced, not flooded with bugs, launch the game after weeks to months testing, prepare server to host the game, keep the game updated with new patches, for your entertainment are FORBIDDEN.

Feel free to complain, bash, and spam them as much as you wanted, because bashing people are the greatest game ever made... that installed on our head since the day we born...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    not the entire faction.

A damn fine amount though, including yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Rad, Enrage, GD and Drakon together do not constitute a *majority* of anything, except the biggest TW land holders in the past. The majority of the server population doesn't TW because they aren't "big" enough to TW with the big boys. Now many of them have a chance to actually get into an instance and have some serious fun, against someone who won't necessarily steamroll their *** in 12 minutes.

With the way CSing had transformed this game, *and* the dominance of players who have been TWing for 3+years here *and* have uber gear there was 0 chance newbies could 1) get their gear up to snuff and 2) get enough experience to TW worth a damn.

Now they have a chance.

And if it takes ****ing off the uber players until they wander off then obviously PWI has said "so be it". This is called "churn", I believe.

Those players aren't contributing $$$ to the company anyway.

Pink Floyd said it best.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,
    We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

Red

They are, actually. Almost every small faction's main TWers are still alts of people in bigger TW factions. Take out the alts out of Domi or xWaRx or Drakon and you're left with maybe them all 3 combined barely being able to show a full 80. They barely can as it is by themselves.
    And it won't be too long before people get bored of resets and you'll start seeing people not going to main factions and just making their own little faction of 20 uber geared friends that can completely wipe out any smaller faction anyway. So it's not like this reset will give smaller factions any real TW for much longer before those kind of people start showing up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    They are, actually. Almost every small faction's main TWers are still alts of people in bigger TW factions. Take out the alts out of Domi or xWaRx or Drakon and you're left with maybe them all 3 combined barely being able to show a full 80. They barely can as it is by themselves.
    And it won't be too long before people get bored of resets and you'll start seeing people not going to main factions and just making their own little faction of 20 uber geared friends that can completely wipe out any smaller faction anyway. So it's not like this reset will give smaller factions any real TW for much longer before those kind of people start showing up.

Then we disagree, and we'll all find out in another 6 months, won't we?
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You don't have to wait 6 months to find out, it's already happening. RoC took out Liberate in a 8-10 vs ~30. Before long it'll be a bunch of those kinds of factions toying around with the smaller ones and the medium-big sized factions will be left with the same TW environment that we had pre-reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]