Do you check your squad gear?

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Well, I'm just curious. Since I discovered how to use "player info" like 2 years ago I have been checking others gear/progress, for no reason at all, like a stalker b:laugh.

Sometimes I can spot someone with deficient gear (mostly sins who hyper a lot in FC) with high lvl weapons but they walk around with 50's gear. I guess they are going to invest in something better at lvl 99, who knows...

So, are you a stalker too?b:chuckle
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I rarely check ppl gear, maybe only when theres someone who fails so hard b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I do it all the time, to randoms in west archo and in squads as well. b:chuckle I just get bored just listening to music on my phone while waiting for other people in the squad to arrive, so I just check out other people's gear in squad. And if I'm jut browsing through catshops, I do it as well. >_> Har har har, freaking stalking I am... But yeah, the whole "having high lv. weapon and low level armor" makes me loool. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • X - Lothranis
    X - Lothranis Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    All day errday b:shocked
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yup. Mostly if something seems fishy. Like low hp or low level weapon (TT80 sins at 100+ ...)

But also if I'm the healer in squad and not sure about my tank. By looking at gears I can estimate whos probably gonna be my tank and how much they can take. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I check other player's gear for weapon refines and APS when in FCC to make sure I can really tank if I say I can.

Other than that, I typically don't, unless, say, I see someone like Noa or Galax running around. Then I check them out just to see how fail they really are, and end up laughing so hard I end up hurting myself.

Though... When I first saw Bogumor's gear... I think I died a little inside. b:shocked
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I usually only check the gear if:
    a) their HP is unusually low
    b) their HP is unusually high
    c) they are an assassin
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    In squad surprisingly no. But people i see run past me everywhere, constantly.
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm guilty of being a gear stalker. Every time I join a squad with people I don't know, I check their gear to see where everyone's at and what their damage output and survivability is like. If I have a bad feeling about the squad's overall gearing, I'll leave. I know this seems like an elitist and bishy thing to do, but my intuition has warned me about squads before, and is almost always right. Like yesterday when I had a bad feeling about a random BH100 GV2 squad I joined... I ended up tanking. The only reason we got as far as we did was because my charm was constantly ticking and I was spamming crab meats and ToP like mad. But by the time we got to the fourth wave in second stage, that was my limit. I died, the rest of the squad immediately wiped, and the cleric left squad.

So yeah, I always check people's gear. b:surrender
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Only of interesting people, such as the occasional BULLETFREAKINGPROOF LA venos that I meet.
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    <---- Total stalker b:surrender
    I check people's gear all the time, mainly because I'm jealous they have better gear then me. Also I like to try on other peoples fashion :D
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well, I'm just curious. Since I discovered how to use "player info" like 2 years ago I have been checking others gear/progress, for no reason at all, like a stalker b:laugh.

Sometimes I can spot someone with deficient gear (mostly sins who hyper a lot in FC) with high lvl weapons but they walk around with 50's gear. I guess they are going to invest in something better at lvl 99, who knows...

So, are you a stalker too?b:chuckle

Usually just when I got some down time and I'm waiting on others... Maybe I see someone with a R9 weapon, I'm curious if they got the full set and 4 soc +12 or whatever. Most of the time it seems if they've got the R9 weapon, they've got the full armor and at least 2 sockets with Gems or better... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    <---- Total Stalker B:surrender i Check People's Gear All The Time, Mainly Because I'm Jealous They Have Better Gear Then Me. Also I Like To Try On Other Peoples Fashion :d

lolll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • BarbaBlanca - Lost City
    BarbaBlanca - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Am a stalker!!!

Most of the time yeah when the sins hp is too low and they asking for dragons at boss time am like hell no son stop trying to tank ****!

Thats my job.b:angry
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CubanKingLeader
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i like looking but most of the time its only if i fear my own survival that i check to see... you know... before something happens so i can get a back up or something >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I feel uncomfortable inspecting other dudes. It is kinda like peeking at the guy pissing next to you in the bathroom to see if you are bigger. Then when you see his +12 you want to go home and cry.
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    <---- Total stalker b:surrender
    I check people's gear all the time, mainly because I'm jealous they have better gear then me. Also I like to try on other peoples fashion :D

This exactly~ b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    usually just in squads at ppl i dont know to know what i can expect from them.
    and sometimes random ppl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Rarely. Mainly for three reasons (listed from most to least frequent):

1) Someone does far worse than they should. I check the gear to see if it's their gear or if they just don't know how to play their class.

2) They have some interesting looking gear. Usually just the weapon, since most people only show their fashion, but armor for those who display that if it looks nice or has interesting shards.

3) If there are two potential tanks in the squad, with similar HP and levels. I check the gear to see which is likely to tank better.

I'm often surprised by the weird mix of gear levels or missing gear on some people, especially in the case of #1 above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i check squads gears when i run fc on my alts to see if i will get aggro or not :D
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I usually check the tanks gear to see how much I can attack for without stealing aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sometimes I do, depends on the situation. If I see someone tanking who is taking more damage than I would expect - yes. If I see an old friend and notice they have leveled a ton and probably have new gears, yeah. I guess I am sort of a gear stalker too, lol. b:laugh
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    finding those mean alts

"manufactured by" on lunar capes is very precise
    i like potato
  • Xvermillionx - Dreamweaver
    Xvermillionx - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i seriously do it all the damn time xD i have an obsession with comparing my gears with other peoples. when i see mine is a lil better than someone elses i am all b:victory but when i see like super geared people i gob:cry. i do it in town, out of town, in squads, friends, randoms, just whoever xD im a complete stalkerb:cute
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I usually check peoples gear of the class I am playing... to "compare" my build to theirs... XD I thought I was the only one who peeped peoples gears all day long!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I do it all the time, and for especially funny gear setups, I lol about it with a friend.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Oh I am probably the biggest gear/fash stalker on LC. Mainly fash stalker :P If I'm running by a person with particularly nice fash I usually creepily try it on. Sometimes I do it for an actual reason, like determining what build veno pops in my squad. Or if the tank has decent gear. Sadly once I saw a ~90 seeker with white, one star NPC equips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ok... 3 things

1. Don't be dissing on high level weapons and low(er) level armors...
    My seeker has full TT80 gold 4soc Immac Citrine w/TT90 gold sword and does just fine.

2. While the level difference isn't much, my cleric is pretty mis-matched... >.> TT99 sleeves and shoes, T2 Lunar Nirvana Cape, Top and pants, T1 Lunar Nirvana Hat, R8 weapon, and nabbish pdef mold necklace and belt. >.> (saving for Cube / Warsong and finishing full Nirvy set)

3. Generally I only check gears of other sins and clerics to see where my two main characters stack up against others on the server. I've noticed that (sadly) my 6.3K HP on my sin is actually fairly high for RT >.> Same with the 5.1K on cleric -.- But yeah, sometimes I get bored and check random people in west, or if someone has an interesting looking gearset (mostly the weapon, but occasionally the armor shows) Saw a barb using the level 95 gear set from Morai, but he had the R8 ring earlier. >.>
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    All day errday b:shocked

+1 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    First i Check HP in Squad and if i find something out of ordinary i check the gear. I also check always barbs, archer and BM's. But especially Archers because they tend to be an aggro magnet and need constant baby sitting so i better know where to throw my ihs at.
    I hate Room 38
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I do check people's gears, to see especially what friends have gotten like, in the time i didn't play, so i can get upset and start farming again for no purpose. Fun comes at a high cost these days.