Can't log in

Options
aluminak
aluminak Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Well, I'm trying to play PW again after being forced off for about half a year (and forgot my original login, and the e-mail I had that login attached to..) and the game won't stop freezing just as the animation before the log-in screen shows up. It never unfreezes, and it is a little frustrating..

Is anyone else having this issue? (and is there any way I could get around it?)
Post edited by aluminak on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sounds like you may be having the "my video card is 11 years old and can't quite run the game anymore" problem.

Unfortunately, since you provided almost no information whatsoever on your setup, no one can tell you why it is happening, or how to go about fixing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aluminak
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sounds like you may be having the "my video card is 11 years old and can't quite run the game anymore" problem.

Unfortunately, since you provided almost no information whatsoever on your setup, no one can tell you why it is happening, or how to go about fixing it.

I'm not entirely sure of the model of my desktop, but it took about 4 hours to download (which is normal for this computer, at least..) and there were no issues with the set-up or the download, except for the need for DirectX to be downloaded/updated. I apologize if the details may be vague, but it went just like any download should.

I am not entirely sure of exactly how I can tell if the computer's video card is outdated (I'm guessing there is no fix to that one?) but I took a little look around last night and noticed I am not the only one with this problem..
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If you post your system specs, I can help. dxdiag or a hijackthis are good too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aluminak
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Alright, well I figured out how to see the video card stuff, I have NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420. How can I know if that is out-dated?

On the Tower, the power button says Dell, and there is a sticker on the bottom, to the right, that says Windows XP. That's the make/model of it, right?

I'm not sure of what other information to provide, sorry. ^ ^"
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yeah, that's outdated. It won't do Pixel Shader 2.0. You can fake it out, but the results are iffy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aluminak
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yeah, that's outdated. It won't do Pixel Shader 2.0. You can fake it out, but the results are iffy.

Okay, before I ask how to fake it out, I'd like to ask.. Is it at all possible to update a computer's video card?

If it isn't, then I do want to know how you fake it out.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes it is, in fact the Ti4200 would work well in your system and it also happens to be listed on the minimum requirements. You can probably find a card for about $12.

Or Splurge for $20 or $30 and get something a little better.

Or Spend $150-$200 and get a brand new system that isn't 10 years old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]