Random PVP mussing

Options
BizHerc - Heavens Tear
BizHerc - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Hey,
interested to know what people think of this idea... How about making stuns/seals/sleeps ineffective in world pvp/duels?
I think that would stop a lot of QQ at sins stealth stunning, ie, stun doesn't proc, they just standing next to you flailing their flippers at you. Works on all classes, cleric can't sleep target, wizzie can't seal/sleep target and so on.
I think battles would be awesome like this, like a real free for all.
OFC, in TW, everything still works as it is meant to, so there is a little more strategy involved.
I'd love for the community to unpack this idea and let me know what you think.
Post edited by BizHerc - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'd feel sorry for all melee classes. Casters kiting into nothingness and nothing can stop them...
    Urgh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • notracx
    notracx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    thats an awesome idea~~!!!!

b:pleasedb:laughb:chuckle
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So basically... melees never get a chance to hit casters while getting absolutely murdered? Sounds like a plan to me!
  • Nochaelf - Lost City
    Nochaelf - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    So basically... melees never get a chance to hit casters while getting absolutely murdered? Sounds like a plan to me!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~
    b:cryb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<3
  • BizHerc - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Casters are stuck in one place until they finish their skill, melees just need to run up to them (able to now that they don't get movement penalty) and start flapping. As soon as a caster runs, if melee is auto attacking, then they will follow until caster either stops to cast a skill or they get far enough away.
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Casters are stuck in one place until they finish their skill, melees just need to run up to them (able to now that they don't get movement penalty) and start flapping. As soon as a caster runs, if melee is auto attacking, then they will follow until caster either stops to cast a skill or they get far enough away.

Archers don't cast. Archers don't have to run up to enemies. Would archers once again be kings of pvp?
  • BizHerc - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    well, good point, would be fun to watch
  • BlissherFX - Harshlands
    BlissherFX - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hey,
    interested to know what people think of this idea... How about making stuns/seals/sleeps ineffective in world pvp/duels?
    I think that would stop a lot of QQ at sins stealth stunning, ie, stun doesn't proc, they just standing next to you flailing their flippers at you. Works on all classes, cleric can't sleep target, wizzie can't seal/sleep target and so on.
    OFC, in TW, everything still works as it is meant to, so there is a little more strategy involved.

This would make pvp into gear vs gear. No skill involved at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Most stupid idea ever.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

So basically West gate and Sp in Harshlands

I'd say Pwi as a whole but i just watched a pvp video of a full r9+12 Jaded demon wiz completely suck.
    b:shy
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hey,

It simply sucks
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Most stupid idea ever.

this.

/10char
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Nematokyst - Sanctuary
    Nematokyst - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    so basically instead of explaining to op why this is a bad idea and giving him tips to understand and or posting your own idea on how to fix pvp

you all just flame him right out of the forums....

nice.... *starts slow clap* and you always say how much the gms suck and how bad this game is

i cant imagine why
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    so basically instead of explaining to op why this is a bad idea and giving him tips to understand and or posting your own idea on how to fix pvp

You know... sometimes the idea is so stupid, every explanation would be wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nematokyst - Sanctuary
    Nematokyst - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    No, its not the only stupid thing is never asking.

Whats even stupider is to be so cynical to assume your efforts are wasted, being kind and helpful is never a wasted quality. Maybe just maybe one day when you are wondering something somebody will reciprocate the kindness.

Don't you see, hate for hate and the whole world is blind

just food for thought
  • maninblacktie
    maninblacktie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

you all just flame him right out of the forums....

nice.... *starts slow clap* and you always say how much the gms suck and how bad this game is

i cant imagine why

Let me put in this way: READ THE POSTS

If that is too hard to you, I'll quote the reasons I found after a simple reading.

... Casters kiting into nothingness and nothing can stop them...
    Urgh.
    truekossy wrote: »
    ... melees never get a chance to hit casters while getting absolutely murdered...

Archers don't cast. Archers don't have to run up to enemies. Would archers once again be kings of pvp?

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    No, its not the only stupid thing is never asking.

Whats even stupider is to be so cynical to assume your efforts are wasted, being kind and helpful is never a wasted quality. Maybe just maybe one day when you are wondering something somebody will reciprocate the kindness.

Don't you see, hate for hate and the whole world is blind

just food for thought

Well if you are so concerned that no one is offering good reasons why it is a stupid idea why don't you instead of just trolling those trolling the stupid idea

Or is that a stupid idea b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hey,

/facepalm

Yes because BMs certainly need another nerf.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    People here must be cracy. What is this, u want the game to be played by monkeys too? lol @ no skills !
    Is that Far West?! the first who press "attack" wins .... L-O-L