Bramble

evilf3n1x
evilf3n1x Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Venomancer
Hi, I have a question for you venos from pwi.
In this website ,http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php it show the bramble hood and bramble guard unnerfed, so i want to know one thing. This expansion our reflect will work in the pk again? And will the swimming mastery eliminate from our skill tree?
Post edited by evilf3n1x on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No, ecatomb has always shown bramble and bramble hood like that. Also, while the reflect doesn't work in pvp, Bramble Hood's damage reduction still does. I'm sure the day they make bramble and hood work in pvp, there will be threads popping up laughing at players that aps'd themselves to death on veno's bramble. But that day hasn't come yet.

And yes, veno swimming mastery is THE most useless skill in the whole game. I wish it was removed. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • evilf3n1x
    edited March 2012
    So i have another question, this new reflect (Blazing Barrier) will work in pvp?
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    evilf3n1x wrote: »
    So i have another question, this new reflect (Blazing Barrier) will work in pvp?

Yes it will
    And yes, veno swimming mastery is THE most useless skill in the whole game. I wish it was removed. XD

Let me find what I wrote about this skill in a guide I started to write... (but not bothering to finish >.>)

Swimming Mastery
    This skill is a joke. Its said to work every year on April 1st.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • wildwolfrider
    wildwolfrider Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    To clarify, bramble guard and bramble hood DO work in certain locations for pvp in game. One example is the Cube. And, any time I take my HA veno in cube and some aps toon tries to gank me and suicides, I always get some message about how I am clearly hacking. So, they ever do make those skills work in pvp in general, there will be a lot of complaining aps toons. b:chuckle
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Bramble works in TW.
  • evilf3n1x
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I know the reflect works in a pvp events. But I like the random pvp (pvp in a west gate...)
    But i think that is a injustice(****) with the venos, all the classes have buffs that works in a pvp except the venos (summer sprint is a buff, but is not a important buff).

For example: In a tw, a inteligent sin when i start to atack him, he use the invisivility, but have a lot of noobs in the game, so the foolishes sins try to hurt me, and he suicides himself. Usually i'm in a random pvp, sometimes i go to the cube, or other pvp events,(Except tw, I do TW's every week).

I know that the bramble hood only works the damage reduction, but the reflect doesn't work.

If bramble works in a pk mode, it's will be easier kill melee chars. And this new reflect have a big cooldown: 1 minute, and a duration of the buff is 15s. It's not a good reflect. A sin will wait the 15s of the duration in the invisible mode, and then will try to kill me. So it won't help too much against some aps class, but will help.
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    evilf3n1x wrote: »
    But i think that is a injustice(****) with the venos, all the classes have buffs that works in a pvp except the venos (summer sprint is a buff, but is not a important buff).

Lvl 11 summer sprint is a very important and usefull "buff" in PVP/TW etc. Hello, Puri and Antistun. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilf3n1x
    edited March 2012
    Lvl 11 summer sprint is a very important and usefull "buff" in PVP/TW etc. Hello, Puri and Antistun. b:chuckle

Yes I know, but i don't consider a buff, but I excelent skill to survive (I'm evil, so immunity for 6s). So the 45% of speed is good, but isn't a buff that make the venos more strong, if we compre with a buff hp of barbarian, a cleric's buffs, and other, really the only buff that we have is the reflect. And the summer spirit is auto-buff. If we put the reflect in other player in a radom pvp won't work, but in other event pvp is very good.

Sorry the english's errors, i'm not a fluenty speaker, and maybe i did'nt get express my ideas well.
  • Reshee - Harshlands
    Reshee - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Just to clarify the situation.

Bramble Hood in open map pvp: reflect does not work, decrease in damage does
    Bramble Guard in open map pvp: reflect does not work (yeah sucks now)
    Bramble Hood in TW: works
    Bramble in TW: works
    Bramble Hood in PVE: Works totally
    Bramble Guard in PVE: Works Totally
    Swim Mastery: Yes, veno's and barbs at one point in time (pre tideborn expansion) actually had a little bit of a purpose in pve. Not much...not enough to really make a difference. After all of us veno's who spent the small amount of coin and spirit to get the skill they took it from us and made it obselete/negate. It does not work. When I scroll over it on my skill tree now it says *not active* or whatever (don't have my game up so exact wording is inaccurate). When I first started my veno (in 2009)...it gave me a percentage of the swimming increase I got. So useless skill is now even more useless.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No, ecatomb has always shown bramble and bramble hood like that. Also, while the reflect doesn't work in pvp, Bramble Hood's damage reduction still does. I'm sure the day they make bramble and hood work in pvp, there will be threads popping up laughing at players that aps'd themselves to death on veno's bramble. But that day hasn't come yet.

i'm gonna bramble everyone i c
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss